NewBigGuy is offline New Member

High Blood Pressure, Help.

I am on a deca /test/anabol cycle, 4th week. And my blood pressure is 140/90.

I think this is just about on the verge of safe limit and that if I continue with my cycle it might rise further. I am also having a very slight pain in the back of my head just above the neck, is this due to high BP?

What should I do? Quite my cycle and visit a doctor? Or continue with my cycle and see if it goes up? What should I do if it does go up, how high will be too high and what should I do if it gets there?

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    keep an eye on it very closely. it isnt out of control but it is a bit high. having elevated blood pressure for 10 weeks or so isnt a serious problem but better safe then sorry. there are a few things you can do.

-decrease your sodium intake
    -increase your water intake

some supplements that may help are....
    -CoQ10
    -Hawthorne
    -Garlic
    -EFA's

you may want to think about implementing an AI if you cant get it to come down.

how much longer do you have on the anabol?

also forgot to mention avoid caffeine and other stimulants.

this may help you with some of your questions as well...

Category Systolic (top number)
    Diastolic (bottom number)

Normal Less than 120 And Less than 80

Prehypertension 120–139 Or 80–89

High blood pressure

Stage 1 140–159 Or 90–99

Stage 2 160 or higher Or 100 or higher

Are you saying that something like 150/90 will be safe for a 4-6 week period? I can cut back my cycle to 8 weeks to get atleast some gains.

I have cut back on salt, will add more garlic. Will need to figure out how/where to get hawthorne here in India.

I am taking very low doses of letro as a precaution (.25mg, eod). Anabol was planned for first 6 weeks, so have 2 more weeks to go on it but have stopped that since 2 days due to BP fear.

And do I need to worry about that headache? Is that a symptom that my head is finding this blood pressure too much to take?

Quote Originally Posted by NewBigGuy View Post
    Are you saying that something like 150/90 will be safe for a 4-6 week period? I can cut back my cycle to 8 weeks to get atleast some gains.

I have cut back on salt, will add more garlic. Will need to figure out how/where to get hawthorne here in India.

I am taking very low doses of letro as a precaution (.25mg, eod). Anabol was planned for first 6 weeks, so have 2 more weeks to go on it but have stopped that since 2 days due to BP fear.

Dont get me wrong. Im not at all saying it is safe. High blood pressure is never a good thing. I am just saying that blood pressure becomes a serious health risk when it is left unchecked and untreated for years. That is when the damage is done. Stopping the Anabol was a good move. Monitor it for the next few days. I would think that would help bring it down some. I wouldnt go any higher on the Letro leave that for now. Also how much test are you running?

And do I need to worry about that headache? Is that a symptom that my head is finding this blood pressure too much to take?
    The headache is more then likely a symptom of the elevated blood pressure. I know for me i get pressure behind the eyes.

If it gets any higher or you are worried about it then see the doctor. I am not one and my advice shouldnt take the place of one.

oh and i dont know what kind of test you are running but test and deca for 8 weeks would be a waste IMO. Save the gear and stop the cycle or finish it out. 8 weeks wont do much for you.

Ok Thanks, I will keep a close watch on my readings and get to my doc if it gets any higher than 150/90 or if my headache gets worse.

Oh, and when you get pressure behind eyes, do you take that as a high-risk symptom or just another side? I mean, is the headache better indicator that its getting bad or should I focus more on readings?

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    I posted this on the other bp thread,
    Hypotension, <100 <60.
    Ideal, <120 <80
    normal, 120-129/80-84.
    High normal, 130-139/85-89.
    Hypertension, mild, 140-159/90-99.
    Hypertension, moderate, 160-179/100-109.
    Hypertension, severe, 180-219/110-119.
    Higher than this it's call 911 asap.

Another thing I noticed, today just after workout by high reading was higher (~160) but my low reading was lower (~65). I was expecting both to be higher, don't know if thats normal or an equipment malfunction.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    There you go, i'll post this bit too, it may help explain things.
    I know that systolic blood pressure represents the pressure in the arterial system caused by the heart as blood is being pumped out and diastolic pressure represents the portion of time when the heart muscle is resting and filling with blood.

Ok Thanks, I will keep a close watch on my readings and get to my doc if it gets any higher than 150/90 or if my headache gets worse.

Oh, and when you get pressure behind eyes, do you take that as a high-risk symptom or just another side? I mean, is the headache better indicator that its getting bad or should I focus more on readings?
    sounds good...be safe

Usually for me it subsides on its own, but the blood vessels in your eyes are very delicate and damage to the eye can occur. at that point i would see a doc. the theory is if damage is being done to the eye then it is an indicator other organs may have damage as well.

Another thing I noticed, today just after workout by high reading was higher (~160) but my low reading was lower (~65). I was expecting both to be higher, don't know if thats normal or an equipment malfunction.
    During upright exercise, the normal blood pressure response is to observe a progressive increase in systolic blood pressure with no change or even a slight decrease in diastolic blood pressure. The slight decrease in diastolic blood pressure is due primarily to the vasodilation of the arteries from the exercise bout. Thus, the expansion in artery size may lower blood pressure during the diastolic phase.

(this was taken from another site but helps answer your question)

I this point I am fairly scared :-) If my headache doesn't subsides or if the readings shoot up any higher, I am quitting this cycle.

Thanks a ton P, thanks Lats.

My headache is worse today, I took my last shot on friday, will waiting make my bp go down or will it still go up more before it starts going down?

Should I go to a doc or is there some standard tablet I can take to bring my blood pressure down? (I have atenolol at home, can get any other prescription med within an hour if needed).

I am avoiding seeing the doc as he will definitely first lecture me, anyway I am definitely off this cycle.
    Last edited by NewBigGuy; 11-02-2008 at 09:59 AM.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    I don't think your BP is very high but why not try a low dose of bp meds and see if it goes down. Also headaches can be caused by several other factors. My brother lived with very high bp for 10 years, often he was over 200 and even had nose bleeds. He didn't have headaches though so its not a 100% dictator of high bp by any means.

I think you are right, I got BP checked again after that post and it was only 130/80. But the headache is still there, I now think it could be because of the caber or letro that I am taking.

Letro I am taking in very low doses (.25mg eod) so I suspect it could be caber. I started caber due to gyno symptoms at .5 mg e3d, now at 1mg e3d.

Is that a possible cause of headache? I can't lower my caber dose without quitting the cycle, so is there any other way out?

Headache and nausea are listed as the most common reasons for discontinuing cabergoline. and your BP is good and is not something i would stop a cycle over.

Yes, it seems to have something to do with irregular heart-beats due to caber. But I can't discontinue caber without getting off cycle else I will again start getting gyno symptoms. Damn.

Gym Freak is offline Junior Member
    Don't stress just yet. Your B/P will be elevated if you take it during or after your workout. How many times have you taken your B/P? You need to trend it for at least 3-6 days and at different times of the day. This will give you a mean or average determinate if you have high B/P.

Trend your B/P's, write them down and then go visit your doctor.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    I feel a flame comin.......

You could just run a low dose of nolva throughout, then regular pct after cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    I feel a flame comin.......

You could just run a low dose of nolva throughout, then regular pct after cycle.
    WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? NOLVA AND DECA ARE A BIG NO NO!

on a serious note id drop the caber if i was already running Letro and continue the cycle.

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    dude drink alot of water, and your supplements look good, you can also add aspirin....***** 3's

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    On a low dose Test with high dose Tren my blood pressure was 160/100 and generally I felt fine, resting heart rate was like 110-120bpm though. Lol I remember the nurse taking my blood pressure like 3 times because she was thinking that no way is that right... I'm not sure if I would worry about it too much but you could try a few supplements or meds to lower it a bit. Once you come off the Anabol your blood pressure should go back down to normal. Been on a Test/Deca cycle before and blood pressure stayed normal almost whole way through that cycle so its definitely Anabol that is causing it.

Thanks for the help guys. My BP is still normal maybe because I am skipping anabol since a few days, but the headache is still there so wasn't due to BP anyway.

When I first started having gyno symptoms, Nolva flared up my tit sensitivity, so I know for sure its didn't help and that it makes deca gyno worse.

As for letro, I am not sure if it will be help for deca gyno, let me explain. When I first started getting gyno I took .5mg caber and my tit sensitivity was gone in a day and then I came to know about letro and started with .25mg ed (without anymore caber).

But after around a week, the tit sensitivity returned (damn). So I concluded letro wasn't helping and I restarted with caber .5mg e3d.

Now due to letro's estro rebound possibility and that I can't take nolva for that during cycle, I am continuing with letro but only at .25mg eod. So far so good?

Now last week tit sensitivity returned again so I decided to up caber to 1mg e3d and I believe that is what made my headache's worse.

I don't know whats the best way out but what I can do now is skip over caber for one week and then see if headaches subside and then maybe start again with .5mg to keep gyno under control. Other option of course is to quit cycle.

Your thoughts?

Thread Information