Thread: HCG dosage

tomcat is offline Junior Member

HCG dosage

what is the correct usage/dosage for HCG when coming of AS?
    amount per day etc....

i read on the drug profiles to use it every 5 days after AS usage. but it doesn't say how many weeks to stay on it? is it a one time shot or what?

en1222 is offline Member
    usually its like 5000iu a week for one or two weeks

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    I just get slin pins, mix up a 5000iu into 5 or 6 shots and chuck em in the fridge, pop one a day. When you plannin on using it? Sure you need to ?

JYZZA is offline VET
    KrashRoute that is a good idea. I heard thats what you do to avoid gyno. But I was told that you should take those shoots w/ a insulin needle and take it in your stomach fat. Is this true? I haven't tried it. I take HCG 5000 IU 3 times every 5 days along with clomid. Clomid works as a antiestrogen also.
    Click Banner To Enter

~ Disclaimer: Quality Muscle was designed to share knowledge and discuss diverse areas of bodybuilding. ~ Quality Muscle and its Staff does not promote the use of illegal substances ~

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    Slin pins are insulin needles.....dont matter where you shoot with em really stomach will work. Dont understand your dosing..i think im misreading... 5000iu 3x every 5 days?? thats like 15,000 iu in a day? not good at all

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Have not used hcg myself, there are 2 schools of thought on dose that I've read (1) 3000-5000iu e5d for 2-3 weeks (2) 500-1000iu ed for 10 days, with clomid or nolva. I think I'm going with #2 when I use it.

JohnnyB

JYZZA is offline VET
    NOOOOOOO. 5000iu every 5 days. So 5000iu Mon then 5000iu Sat and 5000 Fri with clomid. I then continue clomid 2 more weeks and then boom I keep 90% of my gains. My last cycle I gained 22lbs and I have been off for 3 months now. I lost 2lbs only. The thing is I heard that doing 1000IU every day is better. Protects you more against gyno like that. Thats what one of the Pros told me. After cycle 1000 IU a day for a week and 1/2 with insulin needle in their stomach, just like GH(growth Hormone ).
    Click Banner To Enter

~ Disclaimer: Quality Muscle was designed to share knowledge and discuss diverse areas of bodybuilding. ~ Quality Muscle and its Staff does not promote the use of illegal substances ~

bonker is offline Associate Member
    So If I finnished my cycle of sus and deca 16 days ago I should start taking my hcg right away at 1000iu a day for 10 days and on the last day of administration start my clomid?

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Funny this topic should come up now. I just spent the last 4 hours researching HCG usage. Probably the best place to look is the prescribing information on one of Organon's many websites. For hypogonadal men, the manufacturer recommends 500-1000 IU's 3x per week for 3 weeks, then 2x per week for an additional 3 weeks.

Funny thing, the insert in my Pregnyl kit reads, "1000-2000UI pregnyl for 2-3 times per week. This treatment may be followed at least 3 months to see spermatogenesis improvement. During this treatment we advise the interruption of testosterone replacement therapy. After the desired result, in some cases, spermatogenesis improvement may be maintained just with hcg." (translated by Eas******, many thanks)

bonker, I still feel like I'm on until about 4 weeks post cycle with the longer-acting esters (e.g., decanoate, enanthate , cyp, etc.). So I would recommend waiting 20-30 days after your last injection of either sus or deca before starting a course of hcg.

In reference to subq or IM points above, both the Pregnyl label and the prescribing information says the medication is for IM use only. So I would following the manufacturer's guidelines over anyone else's recommendation. I believe the subq/IM debate exists because there is other fertility medication that can be taken subq, for example Puregon.

I want to add something else to this discussion. Organon is assuming that the hypogonadal condition referred to in the dosing strategy is not self-induced (as it is in us when we administer supraphysiological levels of androgens). Assuming that our endocrine systems have the ability to correct any hormonal imbalances and return to homeostasis, I would not take the HCG as long as Organon recommends. This comes from my anatomy & phys. book: "Surprisingly, some GnRH agonists (compounds that mimic GnRH action) also suppress gonadal functions when they are given continuously for more than 2 weeks." HCG is a GnRH agonist, so I would be careful. I'm not sure the clinical definition of "continuous" in this statement, but suffice it to say that overuse of HCG will infact delay recovery. Besides, your endocrine system is not restored by these ancillary medications. Homeostasis is regained through the use of endocrine feedback mechanisms which simply takes time.
    Last edited by goldenear; 11-21-2002 at 04:05 PM.

bonker is offline Associate Member
    Why then do they say only to use hcg while still on the gear till sometime after than to stop and start with clomid.

Originally posted by bonker
    Why then do they say only to use hcg while still on the gear till sometime after than to stop and start with clomid.
    because using hcg mid-cycle may help to prevent testicular atrophy which could make the testes more responsive to LH & FSH during post-cycle recovery.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    On my first 10 week Dr prescribed cycle (I'm on HRT, 200 mg test enth week), my balls shrunk up pretty well. Took the HCG as the Dr said, 1000 iu a day for 10 days, injected with an insulin needle in abdominal fat. By day 6, my balls were back to normal size. On this second cycle, my balls didn't shrink much at all, dunno why. Am doing the HCG anyway.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by goldenear
    I want to add something else to this discussion. Organon is assuming that the hypogonadal condition referred to in the dosing strategy is not self-induced (as it is in us when we administer supraphysiological levels of androgens). Assuming that our endocrine systems have the ability to correct any hormonal imbalances and return to homeostasis, I would not take the HCG as long as Organon recommends. This comes from my anatomy & phys. book: "Surprisingly, some GnRH agonists (compounds that mimic GnRH action) also suppress gonadal functions when they are given continuously for more than 2 weeks." HCG is a GnRH agonist, so I would be careful. I'm not sure the clinical definition of "continuous" in this statement, but suffice it to say that overuse of HCG will infact delay recovery. Besides, your endocrine system is not restored by these ancillary medications. Homeostasis is regained through the use of endocrine feedback mechanisms which simply takes time. [/B]

Goldenear,
    That is so exactly fucking right that it brought a tear to my eyes when I read it. You don't want to take HCG without AAS in your system because it will shut you back down and prolong recovery. The benefit of HCG to the AAS user is to reverse testicular atrophy to make recovery easier. HPTA function will only recover with time though clomid does help speed the process. You are not trying to increase fertility or reverse a permanent problem which is why reading what doctors do for Hypogonadal conditions does not necessarily apply to you.
    Last edited by Rickson; 11-22-2002 at 01:05 AM.

JULY GTP is offline Associate Member
    searching for some HCG info too,
    i read that doing 1000iu and over wkly can cause
    gyno, specially if u r prone to it, 500iu will be good for 5days so 500iu is good wkly, unless a dose of 500iu will not work then u increase ur dose higher, which i also learned that HCG concentrate is been mixed is good for couples of weeks, what u guys no about it?

Originally posted by JULY GTP
    searching for some HCG info too,
    i read that doing 1000iu and over wkly can cause
    gyno, specially if u r prone to it, 500iu will be good for 5days so 500iu is good wkly, unless a dose of 500iu will not work then u increase ur dose higher, which i also learned that HCG concentrate is been mixed is good for couples of weeks, what u guys no about it?
    (1) Reconstituted HCG is good for about 60 days according to Organon as long as it is refrigerated immediately after reconstitution.

(2) The reason gyno may become a problem with HCG usage is due to the rapid influx of testosterone in the body. The endocrine system attempts to maintain a reasonable hormonal balance (e.g., T/E ratio) and consequently a lot of that test aromatizes into estrogen. As we all should know by now, rapid escalations of estrogen, estradiol, etc. is usually responsible for gyno problems. This is why the concurrent usage of tamoxifen may be required.

Thread Information