Hiphopharry is offline Associate Member

Androgel detect time/MMA drug tests

Got a script for both androgel as well as test cyp. Dr wants me to do both (my total test was 210, and I am 33 yo). My unusual question is this; I compete in MMA, from time to time, depending where we go, we may, in the future, get tested (I haven't yet, but that day may be coming).

The test cyp I read was a 3 month detect time, but what what is the detect time for the androgel??

Also, does the stuff on this site really work as a good masking agent??

I treid to search for these answers (particularly the first question) but couldn't find an answer. I appreciate any help from the bros on this site.
    Thanks

Forgot to mention, I used 'var before and the 3 week detect time and the low weight gain/ high strength was awesome! Any way a Dr. would perscribe this instead of test cyp?? I can always get test cyp, but var is tougher to come by...

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    If you have a script then you have no problems...

You should talk to your manager (if you dont have one no big deal) and go to the Athletic Commission and present them with it...

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    also i doubt you would get a prescription for anavar just cause you have low test. its more for wasting diseases or seriously injured afaik

The commish doesnt want to hear anything about anything, especially testoterone!
    Just wondering what the detect time for androgel was!
    Senior bros, help a bro out please!

^^^ Umm... Yeah no... Where are you supposedly fighting?

Pro or Am?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Androgel or test cyp will not fail you for a drug test unless you are out of range...or set off other flags. Your understanding of var is worrying. I would recommend reading a few profiles.
    You will need to keep your hrt very low profile. war4BTT's question is also an important ? to field.... you may have many uphill battles ahead of you if you are headed to a serious level

Pro, in NJ.
    Thanks for the help. I liked var because of the strength gain, and that I could comfortably stay at lightweight. Not to mention I felt that I lost fat on it more easily then if I had done any test.
    As for the drug tests, they do a urine, no blood, that is only in some other organizations title fights I understand.
    Would the test cyp ester be detected or would they look at the test/ epitest ratio, or just total or free test? If the latter is the case, I should be fine with 200mg cyp a week, no?
    I have had my test measured at 210 last week, so I was hoping that a lower end dose such as 200 mg a week would put me anywhere from 800-1000, which is still considered "normal".
    Thanks again, bros.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopharry View Post
    I should be fine with 200mg cyp a week, no?
    You can hope for that range, but you will need to stay with your doc and see how things pan out over the long haul. 200mg for me personally will set me high above that range. everyone is different, very different

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    You can hope for that range, but you will need to stay with your doc and see how things pan out over the long haul. 200mg for me personally will set me high above that range. everyone is different, very different

True, everybody is different. 200 mg put me way above also. 200mg/week put me at about 2000 total test. I take 160mg/week now which keeps me around 920.

Agreed with 956Vette...

Talk to your Doc...

And you need to speak with the AC like i said. Expect BIG problems if you dont tell them you are on HRT they find out you are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Agreed with 956Vette...

Talk to your Doc...

And you need to speak with the AC like i said. Expect BIG problems if you dont tell them you are on TRT they find out you are.
    Agreed.
    Best route being find a way to get around anything to do with HRT if you intend on going mainstream. Sad how difficult it may be to make your HRT politically correct/acceptable in these times :/

Thanks for all the help!
    The only thing I am afraid of is telling the AC that I am on HRT (I had chemo a few years ago for hodgkin's disease, and it 'chemically castrated' me) and then them telling me, that I cant fight at all. All I am doing is trying to get to normal ranges, nothing above and beyond.
    Sadly, in these dark days where the feds are more worried about a man cheating to hit a ball a few extra feet in a child's game then if airplanes start flying in buildings- again, it will be almost an untenable position, I am afraid.
    Thanks for all the help bros- Like I said I have a few pro fights under my belt, and am trying to go foward from here, more then a few guys- lower level and some "names" use gear.

Thread Information