athlete20 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Doxycycline Dosage During!!!

What dosage should you take during for acne?

Thanks.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    doxy is not generally used for acne...your going to give yourself a superinfection...

GO see your dermatologist for this....

ugh? yes it is, that is exactly what my doc prescribed to me for my acne....any ways.

when i was taking it for bad acne it was 100mg per day i think....i started at 50 and it didnt work so great, but 100 did the trick. Now this was my senior year in highschool and the year after, so it wasn't used during aas, it was just puberty related.

I didnt say it WASN"T prescribed for acne BUT

it is most commonly used for STD's

ACCUTANE is the most commonly prescribed anti-acne medication on the market....

I'd go with that....or you could try WASHING YOUR FACE

OK like he doesn't wash his face!?!?!?! they guy must have/get acne so he want's to combat it, hes obviously washing his face, don't be dumb

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    OK like he doesn't wash his face!?!?!?! they guy must have/get acne so he want's to combat it, hes obviously washing his face, don't be dumb
    dont be dumb...wow thats orriginal...

why not do something the will definately work? accutane

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    i just had to look it up.. broad-spectrum antibiotic.. got that right.. not only acne..but prostatitis, sinusitis, syphilis, chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, rosacea and treatment and prophylaxis of Bacillus anthracis (anthrax) and in prophylaxis against malaria.

jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    i just had to look it up.. broad-spectrum antibiotic.. got that right.. not only acne..but prostatitis, sinusitis, syphilis, chlamydia, pelvic inflammatory disease, rosacea and treatment and prophylaxis of Bacillus anthracis (anthrax) and in prophylaxis against malaria.

jesus
    THANK you MULCIBER....or should i call you jesus?

what is the point of using a broad spectrum that can increase your chances of superinfection??? Use something that is gaurenteed to work...ACCUTANE

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    lol.. Mulciber is fine..

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    doxy is not generally used for acne...your going to give yourself a superinfection...

GO see your dermatologist for this....
    That is what my dermatologist prescribed me. What do you mean by giving myself a "superinfection"?

all the bacteria you are exposed to on a daily basis will mutate and become immune to the antibiotic you are so liberally using....then you get a really bad infection that nothing can kill....

all the bacteria you are exposed to on a daily basis will mutate and become immune to the antibiotic you are so liberally using....then you get a really bad infection that nothing can kill....
    Do you have an article on this?

this is common...look it up...antibiotics are being used wrecklessly....

This is how you end up with pathogens like VRE(vancomycin resistant enterococci)

this is common...look it up...antibiotics are being used wrecklessly....

This is how you end up with pathogens like VRE(vancomycin resistant enterococci)
    Oh, so what should I do then? Ask my doctor for Accutane?

see above

sorry to bring this up, but i took doxy for almost 3 years, and i never got a superinfection...where can i read about these "superinfections"

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    google it or something. the perfect example (although not as bad) is the common cold. there is no cure for it because it is always mutating and changing its structure. i would think you would be aware of that. rhino is right, so many parents get immunizations for every little thing that their kids actually are worse off and more likely to catch something.

Ludo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    sorry to bring this up, but i took doxy for almost 3 years, and i never got a superinfection...where can i read about these "superinfections"
    How many mg do you take every day?

Wink

i took 50 mg( i think it was miligrams not sure though), for the first 6 months then jumped up to 100. I see no problem with taking it for that long especially since my doc put me on it for three years....its not going to do anything if your on it for 4-5 months

Crest is offline Senior Member

love the fact that you think a qualified doctor doesnt know what to subscribe people :S

edit
    Last edited by chitownhoker; 11-01-2008 at 10:30 AM.

ya like doxy, it worked for me, so why not use it?

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    google it or something. the perfect example (although not as bad) is the common cold. there is no cure for it because it is always mutating and changing its structure. i would think you would be aware of that. rhino is right, so many parents get immunizations for every little thing that their kids actually are worse off and more likely to catch something.
    A cold is caused by a virus....Antibiotics would do nothing to stop, slow or kill it. Furthermore, for most viruses, the medication(s) taken for them only slows thier growth or reduces signs/symptoms of them....not completely cure them.

The only guaranteed way not to become infected with one of these viruses is to develop an immunization shot that is either a weakened, dead or only a part of the virus/bacteria

Knowing this, the common cold is not considered a "super infection"

"super infections" are usually caused by either physicians prescribing not enough/wrong kind/wrong dosage of antibiotics...OR (and more commonly)...the patient not taking them the way they are prescribed or discontinue taking them before the medication runs out. This leaves weakend but alive bacteria that can then develope resistances to the antibiotic used
    Last edited by Dizz28; 11-01-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: finished a sentence....

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own

Because accutane is a very harsh medication and should only be used after a protocol of medications are tried first starting with over the counter acne meds. Doxy but more commonly Tetracyclin is often prescribed in treatment of acne. These are much less harsh and would be more likely prescribed by a provider.

Accutane, and it's topical version Retin-a, have many side effects and should to be monitored by a licensed provider

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1
    what is the point of using a broad spectrum that can increase your chances of superinfection???
    if you are using it on a daily basis and like you are supposed to, any bacteria that you come in contact with that's susceptible to it should be killed off before it can develope a resistance and spread. Read my condensed explaination in the post above...

The daily doses of tetra/doxy for acne are the same doses prescribed for bacterial infections...usually 100mgs per day
    Last edited by Dizz28; 11-01-2008 at 12:15 PM.

MrJuice90 is offline New Member
    How long do most people stay on Doxy? Did I read that someone took it for 3 years straight?

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJuice90 View Post
    How long do most people stay on Doxy? Did I read that someone took it for 3 years straight?
    That's just crazy !!! I took it for 2 weeks after a chance meet up with one of my ex's who decided to seek vengeance on me for cheating on her... MAKE IT CLAP ... *CLAP CLAP*

Anyways back to the person who first started this thread Doxy is Perfect for such things that are treated and over with such as common STD's that are curable and more of a nuisance than anything. As far as you developing a super infection because they prescribed you Doxy that is quite far fetched although still possible. I aint saying nothing is impossible but it is highly unlikely. Would you wanna risk it probably not ?? I would advise your doc that you would like to be switched to Accutane. Plain and simple..

Thread Information