Thread: injections????

shadowed is offline New Member

injections????

is bad when you in ject if you numb the area where you are about inject.............ort does it not make a difference???...not sure if this a a bad question i was just wonndering though!!

bad brains is offline Junior Member
    I would suggest NOT numbing the area, but then again I'm not a Doctor, I just play one on........err never mind......

Mike Guest
    How would you 'numb' the spot - what are you thinking of doing? a topical anesthetic?

The original jason Guest
    there is no pain from the pin pushing through the skin its only if u have a substnce that causes pain with alot of ba in it hurts when it enters the muscle so i doubt an anaesthetic would do anything unless it was in the muscle and i cant see that beeing much god idea

jason

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Just push it in slow and youll be fine I used to be scared as hell about pushing the pin now I love it I look foward to shot days.
    Use the smallest gauge pin you can find. I use 25 guage 1 inchers in my delts and I draw it up with a larger gauge and then just switch the needles.

i was talking about ice...............rubbingthe spot with ice............also is it bad to make the muscle tense up when you inject...i have this guy that i work out with,,he say that he just makes the muscle as hard as he can and just jams it in bt, juststhoughi d ask you guy...youseem to know what up

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldn't listen to ur buddy if i were u. Ive said this b4, why do u think the doc always says to relax b4 injecting. Think about that, if the muscle was hard and tense it is a lot easier to tear and rip threw it. Think of a tire, if it is inflated to its maximum, any pointed object could easily put a hole in it. Though if it is underinflated (or relaxed) it is a lot harder to put a hole in the tire now isn't it.

juiceon is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Full Intensity
    i wouldn't listen to ur buddy if i were u. Ive said this b4, why do u think the doc always says to relax b4 injecting. Think about that, if the muscle was hard and tense it is a lot easier to tear and rip threw it. Think of a tire, if it is inflated to its maximum, any pointed object could easily put a hole in it. Though if it is underinflated (or relaxed) it is a lot harder to put a hole in the tire now isn't it.
    No doubt about that. Your buddy is dead wrong. I always make it a point to relax as much as possible when I inject.

I would not put ice on it as cold tenses the body up and restricts blood flow. I've said this before, but I always inject right after an aerobic activity or lifting. The only point of pain is when you break the skin, and that can be minimized by stretching the skin with the fingers of your other hand around the insertion point. After you break the skin, let go with the other hand and (I prefer) to push it in slowly, and push the plunger down slowly.

thanks......that helps alot....hey have any of you guys ever heard of testoprim d....has anybody ever used it????

SwitchedOn is offline New Member
    and that can be minimized by stretching the skin with the fingers of your other hand around the insertion point
    I was taught to pinch the skin, not stretch it. After injecting you let go of the pinch, aspirate , and start injecting. Do not flex the muscle- keep it relaxed.
    Also numbing the skin might keep you from feeling any nerves you might hit, thus possibly causing more damage.
    As far as pin size- 25g for delts, 22-23g for glutes and quads.
    Hope this helps.

Switched

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much whatever works for you and is safe use that. Take what you like from the post and adapt them into your own style and whatevers feels right for you

hey..thanks evryone who replyed.... ill try to be safer when i inject......this is an awesome board to come to for advice..its helped alot so far
    thanks

Thread Information