The_crippler is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Low Dose Long cycle? ! your Opinion!?

i was at the gym today and i got into a post workout conversation with a guy. we started talking about gear and cycle. i asked him about his cycle. And he told me the past 3 years he is been doing low dose long cycle ( 8-12 month ) instead of high dose short cycle ( 8-16 weeks ). he said he does 250 mg test E and 200 mg deca a week for a year then takes 8 weeks of for PCT. then he starts again. He did tell me that he feels much better on low dose longer cycle then short and high dose cycle and he does keep most of his gains. he says you can go 1 base solo or 1 base and 1-2 compliments but no AA17's .

Whats your thoughts about this.

Atomini is offline Banned
    So then why not do low dose short cycle? Not everything has to be either-or.

I did it for my first cycle, 300mg test per week and I gained 27 lbs in 8 weeks. There is sometimes too much emphasis placed on things with AAS.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends wether you have reached a point were you are happy with your lot.
    If you aren't then you will have to take much higher doses that you would normally to make the same gains. Personally i prefer the cruise blast.

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Me to lats.Thats pretty much what i have been doing for the past five years.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by romo6 View Post
    Me to lats.Thats pretty much what i have been doing for the past five years.
    Yea bout the same, but hell i'm 48.

blkmuscles is offline New Member
    that's a great idea,i have heard that before and positive feed back on it.think i'll give it a shot.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't believe in Long continuous cycles.. MAX that I will ever go is 16 weeks. Unless of course I have contemplated bridging with some HGH sometime in my life. Nowhere near that point now. I like the ability to cyle... make some gains... do an appropriate PCT then go back on... I dunno to me the word CYCLING defines it all... not being ON all the time. Especially for 8-12 months... thats just crazy. I know some people do it, and to each their own but I would think if you did 250 mgs for 52 weeks at some point you would hit a plateau and you wouldn't be achieving any gains.

Am I correct in assuming this ??

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    I don't believe in Long continuous cycles.. MAX that I will ever go is 16 weeks. Unless of course I have contemplated bridging with some HGH sometime in my life. Nowhere near that point now. I like the ability to cyle... make some gains... do an appropriate PCT then go back on... I dunno to me the word CYCLING defines it all... not being ON all the time. Especially for 8-12 months... thats just crazy. I know some people do it, and to each their own but I would think if you did 250 mgs for 52 weeks at some point you would hit a plateau and you wouldn't be achieving any gains.

You're right.

Remember that for the longer you are on, the more SHBG, cortisol, and estrogen production your body gears into. Eventually, a low dose long duration cycle would become useless and one would see very little gains after a while due to a continuous buildup of binding proteins, cortisol, and other counter-acting proteins and hormones in an effort to stop the exogenous hormone administration.

250mg per week of testosterone is ALOT for the human body. The human body produces endogenously an average of about 70mg per week (some state even less, about 50mg per week). Once the body detects an exogenous amount of testosterone above whatever limit your brain sets, it will begin to take the appropriate countermeasures to deal with the exogenous testosterone you're putting into it. That's when you get the SHBG increases, etc.

Start taking 250mg per week for 52 weeks and your hypothalamus will catch on. Not worth it in the long run.

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    You're right.

Remember that for the longer you are on, the more SHBG, cortisol, and estrogen production your body gears into. Eventually, a low dose long duration cycle would become useless and one would see very little gains after a while due to a continuous buildup of binding proteins, cortisol, and other counter-acting proteins and hormones in an effort to stop the exogenous hormone administration.

250mg per week of testosterone is ALOT for the human body. The human body produces endogenously an average of about 70mg per week (some state even less, about 50mg per week). Once the body detects an exogenous amount of testosterone above whatever limit your brain sets, it will begin to take the appropriate countermeasures to deal with the exogenous testosterone you're putting into it. That's when you get the SHBG increases, etc.

Start taking 250mg per week for 52 weeks and your hypothalamus will catch on. Not worth it in the long run.
    I must admit that if you don't know WHAT, HOW, and WHEN to do things then you should keep away from any AAS cycle. Therefore, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING and have the Knowledge and Gear to prevent harming yourself in the process, I don't see anything wrong with long cycles.. Hell, I'm on a 26 wks cycle myself.

Max

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post

"Being on all the time" is not equal to "long cycling," buddy! To me, a long cycle is anything more than 8 months. The truth is that the first 12 to 16 wks (this depends on genetics/diet/wko effectiveness, etc.) the body is just beginning to adjust to the exogenous chemicals you're putting into the body. Technically speaking this is fine w/most people, especially those getting their feet wet for the first time (and few other cycles after the fact) with AAS.

If you really want to see TRUE progress..... just follow the rabbit hole! That's all I can say, as my opinion is 'not' the best for the new members as well as for the majority of peeps out there!
    Last edited by "Maximus"; 11-09-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Thread Information