Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gyno question

Charger527 is offline Senior Member

Question gyno question

Gday,
    looks like i have been hit this time. On week six of 500mg test e.

I have noticed that my right nipple is sore and puffy. Is it possible that it is an ingrown hair (again) because the pain is right under a hair, and that my squeezing and playing with has made it puffy?
    It feels like there could be a small lump under where the hair was, and im not sure if the lump could be the ingrown hair or gyno I have also noticed that the nipple is oily.

Should i wait out a few days to see?

Im confused because i did not belive i was gyno prone bout 10% BF

I was going to start nolvedex 20mg ed until its gone then cut down to 10 then 5 for the rest of my cycle. Or was thinking that i could use arimidex at
    .25mg ed (for the rest of cycle) and just use the nolva until symptoms are gone.

Also when is the best time to take nolva/arimdex, before bed or just after waking up?

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appriciated.
    Cheers

korsow is offline Associate Member
    Take nolva same time every day IMO doesnt matter when u take it as long as u take it the same time.. Anyone can get gyno :-)

peace

-k

ok thanks mate

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Use the adex instead of nolva.

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    Gday,
    looks like i have been hit this time. On week six of 500mg test e.

I have noticed that my right nipple is sore and puffy. Is it possible that it is an ingrown hair (again) because the pain is right under a hair, and that my squeezing and playing with has made it puffy?
    It feels like there could be a small lump under where the hair was, and im not sure if the lump could be the ingrown hair or gyno I have also noticed that the nipple is oily.

Should i wait out a few days to see?

Im confused because i did not belive i was gyno prone bout 10% BF

I was going to start nolvedex 20mg ed until its gone then cut down to 10 then 5 for the rest of my cycle. Or was thinking that i could use arimidex at
    .25mg ed (for the rest of cycle) and just use the nolva until symptoms are gone.

Also when is the best time to take nolva/arimdex, before bed or just after waking up?

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appriciated.
    Cheers

Being gyno prone has nothing to do with your body fat percentage unless the gyno is not true gyno but chest fat. I was gyno prone; got the sh!t cut out actually, and my bodyfat hangs out betwwem 10-13.
    Last edited by Philly Grappler; 11-01-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: I want to re-word the sentence

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    id go with nolvadex for a few days and see if that make a difference..
    if symptoms have already started i think nolvadex is the drug of choice.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    yeah man run some AI, better b safe than sorry. keep us updated.

yeah started with 40mg of nolvadex last night, might just be placebo but it already feels a little better going to countine at 40 until it fades and run arimidex at .25mg Ed until off cycle. In future ill make sure to run arimidex on cycle to prevent it.

korsow is offline Associate Member
    Nolva always helped my man boobs fairly quickly as well, but IDK if its only mental.. IVe always had some form of gyno since hitting puberty so my crap wont go away unless I cut it out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    yeah started with 40mg of nolvadex last night, might just be placebo but it already feels a little better going to countine at 40 until it fades and run arimidex at .25mg Ed until off cycle. In future ill make sure to run arimidex on cycle to prevent it.
    this is what id do as well.. good luck with it brutha.

UncleD is offline Associate Member
    nolva at 20mgs ed helps my gyno symptoms after about a week

Thanks for the info guys ill let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, i'm going to throw in something here, from experience, i had similar feelings on the nips, i have nolva for pct but i went for Provirion while on cycle, this fixed the problem and has given some mild but good effects while on the test-e, IMO save the nolva for your PCT and use another AI while on cycle. I take it at 50mg on cycle and will take it down to 25mg during the PCT

i personally would not use proviron to treat/combat gyno symptoms.. dont know how it would be effective.

proviron has never been used in a study to treat or prevent gyno that im aware of.

Would not use it to treat, but mild simp's like i had (tenderness at the nipple region) were gone very soon after starting it. To treat full gyno, letro for sure.

Just giving what happened and what i found. yes Provirion is a DHT but is also used as a AI. Gynecomastia and increased water retension can be successfully blocked with it. It strongly suppresses the forming of estrogens with no rebound effect.

I have found it very good, mild but good, Def would not use nolve during a cycle
    Last edited by Older lifter; 11-01-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Would not use it to treat, but mild simp's like i had (tenderness at the nipple region) were gone very soon after starting it. To treat full gyno, letro for sure.

Just giving what happened and what i found. yes Provirion is a DHT but is also used as a AI. Gynecomastia and increased water retension can be successfully blocked with it. It strongly suppresses the forming of estrogens with no rebound effect.

I have found it very good, mild but good, Def would not use nolve during a cycle
    Why wouldnt you use nolva during cycle, in this sitiuation?

no legitimate reason not to

Nolva is a SERM (block existing estrogen, you need some!!), i would use a AI (stop test from converting to estrogen) during cycle,,,IMO

estrogen still there.nolvadex does not eliminate it. just not binding to the receptor in the breast..
    i agree about running an AI during the cycle during to limit the conversion of test to estrogen. once symptoms start you want to keep the circulating estrogen that is already present from binding to the receptor which nolvadex will do..
    in his situation nolvadex is the best option imo..
    were not debating which one should or shouldnt be ran during a cycle and possible loss of gains,which are minimal at best imo, and all that jaz.. at this point he has symptoms.
    lets see, possible loss of gains or gyno... ill take my chance on the gains and avoid the tits.

once symptoms are gone ill discoutinue nolvedex until pct and keep running Arimidex through cycle.

honestly, knowing you have issues once symptoms subside id drop the nolvadex down to 10mg with the adex for the remainder..but thats your call there.

Question

Just thought id add a picture and see if anyone thinks i should start letro treatment?

gyno question-gyno.jpg

the left (your right) nipples looks swoolen compared to your other one....I would give the letro a try

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    Nolva has saved my a** many times, it works and I'd never cycle without it being available quickly. Take it at first signs. I really haven't noticed that it reduced any gains for me.

SK1Viking is offline Associate Member
    if you have nolva, run it until symptom subsize

Taking .5mg of arimidex ed until my letro rocks up and i can start treatment, would this be enough to combat gyno until i start letro?

also should i countine the nolvedex (40mg ed), because arimidex and nolvedex work against each other?

once the symptoms subside back it off to 20 .. id run it at 10/20mg through the remainder of the cycle..
    nolvadex reduces letros plasma level as well..by about 37%
    its not the nolvadex you would have to adjust.. it would be the AI.
    i have no issues with .25 adex and 10mg nolvadex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    once the symptoms subside back it off to 20 .. id run it at 10/20mg through the remainder of the cycle..
    nolvadex reduces letros plasma level as well..by about 37%
    its not the nolvadex you would have to adjust.. it would be the AI.
    i have no issues with .25 adex and 10mg nolvadex.
    When you mean symptoms subside, i have a lump about the size of a pea towards top right side of my nipple (though sensitivity has decreased). Will nolvedex reduce the lump? I thought only letro would?

once the lump is there odds are nothing is gonna help but surgery.. thats why its so important to knock it out early before that happens.. you can give the letro a shot but i dont put much stock in the so called gyno reversal..

the thing is it all happened in less then 24hrs so is it possible it might not be formed completly?

As i said i went from no effects to a lump in less then 24hrs, is it possible the lump is something else?
    Last edited by Charger527; 11-03-2008 at 02:08 AM.

i guess if it was cought this early there is a chance of knocking it out.. got on the nolvadex pretty quick.. just make sure to stay on top of things .. the hard lumps tend to subside a bit with nolva treatment, but the fat and puffiness is a little tougher to get rid of. there are studys on gyno treatment with nolvadex.. nothing 100%.. havent read nothing using letro.. from everything ive read letro will do nothing for existing gyno.

heres one study i have on nolvadex and treatment of pubertal gynecomastia ...

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.
    Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. [email protected]

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifen in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia. STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene). RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients. CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

ok cool thanks for the info.

How does this sound then 40mg nolvadex and .5mg fo arimidex ed (because arimidex is effect is decreased by nolvedex) and countine until lump goes. then step down until pct.

But if no change before my letro turns up, (2-4 weeks) ill give letro a try.

sounds like a plan.. .

I have come across this information about gyno and the use of nolvadex and letro.

"......This brings me to my next point. Do not listen to anyone who tells you to bump up your nolvadex to 60+mg ED if you get gyno. I have no idea where this idea started but I have seen it suggest far too many times recently. Nolvadex will do nothing to reverse your gyno…let me make that clear IT WILL DO NOTHING FOR GYNO. If you are running nolva as your anti-e and start to develop gyno than sure you can bump the dosage a small amount to try to prevent it from progressing further, but letrozole must begin ASAP.

It is very important that you begin taking letrozole immediately, the longer your wait the more risk you take in not being able to reverse it."...........

Day 1: .25mg Letro + anti-e
    Day 2: .50mg Letro
    Day 3: 1.0mg Letro
    Day 4: 1.5mg Letro
    Day 5: 2.0mg Letro
    Day 6: 2.5mg Letro

............... "You will remain at this dose until gyno symptoms subside. Once you believe your gyno is gone it is important to stay at this dose for another 4-7 days to ensure all traces are gone. I recommend people with a bf% over 15 stay on for a week as it may be harder to judge completely whether the lump is completely gone. Once this period is over it will be important to taper letro down slowly rather than coming off it completely. Regardless of which manner you tapered up your dose you will all taper down in the same fashion"

What are peoples views and or experience using this method or the method suggested above by Mulciber?
    Last edited by Charger527; 11-03-2008 at 03:02 AM.

ehh i dont agree with it.. ive read it as well,, its his opinion.. would have been nice if he could have posted something to back it up besides his own beliefs.

nolvadex has a proven track record.. if your running nolvadex and preventing estrogen from binding to the receptor symptoms will not progress..
    there is a difference between gyno symptoms and gyno..seems as tho hes saying its one and the same..
    remain at this dose until gyno symptoms subside. Once you believe your gyno is gone it is important to stay at this dose for another 4-7 days to ensure all traces are gone
    so looks like his theory is just about treating the symptoms.. guess thats what he calls gyno reversal.. i call it combating gyno symptoms..

Ok cool thanks for you advice mate ill go with the plan i said before and keep everyone updated on how it goes.

If not ill just get it cut out, its only small so should not be a problem (plus I have insurance).

Just updating everyone on my gyno treatment as it stands at the moment.
    Have been running .5mg of arimidex and 40mg of nolvadex ed
    so far lump has lost all its sensitvity but still feels the same size.
    if no change in size is seen in the next few days im going to discountine using nolvedex as not to waste it and countine with arimdex at .25mg a day until my letro arrives and then start letro treatment.

Ill post more updates as they come.

Gday just thought id add some details on how goes the tretment.
    So far so good the lump has appeared to have shrunk about half the size
    im going to countine at these does and see if it will possibly shrink more or go away.

ill post more updates as they come.

good to hear brutha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information