Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HMG/HCG when 2 take?

playahplayah is offline New Member

HMG/HCG when 2 take?

Got a few questions. Just cam off cycle 3 months ago and want to take another. Seems that the boys are a bit on the small side after a sust deca cycle. I have HMG (does same as HCG ) and was wondering when to take it, how much, etc? My new cycle will be 14-16 weeks of test e and eq. I will pct with nolva/clomid as primary. I want to bring the boys back before the test get hold of them again, and also want them back post cycle.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Use the same as HCG , everyones got a different protocol on how to run these, so it's your choice, just remember that you only need around a third of the dose of HCG

Hey Bro what is the does of hcg ? What does would you run of the hmg and when, for how long? I haven't ever taken hcg so i dont know what the doses are, how long, and when..etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Use the same as HCG, everyones got a different protocol on how to run these, so it's your choice, just remember that you only need around a third of the dose of HCG

Quote Originally Posted by playahplayah View Post
    Hey Bro what is the does of hcg ? What does would you run of the hmg and when, for how long? I haven't ever taken hcg so i dont know what the doses are, how long, and when..etc.

Thanks
    If your not bothered about the loss of size then id run HCG the last couple of weeks of the cycle and the 2 wks up till pct, this will help give you a kickstart, dosages vary, but on a long cycle that i'd go for around 2000iu first wk on and then 500iu 3xwk. If using HMG then 150iu is approx 500iu of HCG.

VET or MODs..pls post some info on HMG

Hmg is a part of juicing, yet I see no info for it on this board. Was wondering if someone with a working knowledge of HMG could please post some info in the pct section. THANKS

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Never mind I figured out what your talking about. It is commonly denoted as follows. hMG not HMG which is the enzyme that statins regulate to control cholesterol.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 11-01-2008 at 07:29 PM.

HMG is to raise sperm count primarly. It does have a stronger effect on bringin the boys back bigger and stronger than hcg ..from my understanding anyway.

If your not bothered about the loss of size then id run HCG the last couple of weeks of the cycle and the 2 wks up till pct, this will help give you a kickstart, dosages vary, but on a long cycle that i'd go for around 2000iu first wk on and then 500iu 3xwk. If using HMG then 150iu is approx 500iu of HCG.
    thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    How does HMG act like HCG, correct me if I am wrong HMG is involved in cholesterol regulation.
    HMG is a better choice than HCG , you need less of it and unlike HCG which only mimics LH, HMG also has a biological activity that mimics FSH.
    Last edited by LATS60; 11-01-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Why another post, i was giving you all the info you needed and would have happily posted clinical studies if you had asked.
    I give in..................

Blog Entries
    Why another post, i was giving you all the info you needed and would have happily posted clinical studies if you had asked.
    do it for all to see.

Jesus, what does the guy think i'm BSing him, or worse he thinks i don't know wtf i'm talking about,,,,,,,,,,,, don't answer that muliber lol.

do it for all to see.
    Iv'e just explained it the other thread, thats what it does, there's tons of lit on it.

Blog Entries
    Jesus, what does the guy think i'm BSing him, or worse he thinks i don't know wtf i'm talking about,,,,,,,,,,,, don't answer that muliber lol.
    who are you talking ah boot?

Blog Entries
    Iv'e just explained it the other thread, thats what it does, there's tons of lit on it.
    not on here, thats what i was saying you implied that you were going to do a write up on it. I was simple encouraging you to do so.

My box is labeled HMG not hMG, but that's besides the point.

Never mind I figured out what your talking about. It is commonly denoted as follows. hMG not HMG which is the enzyme that statins regulate to control cholesterol.

HMG is a better choice than HCG, you need less of it and unlike HCG which only mimics LH, HMG also has a biological activity that mimics FSH.
    well said!

who are you talking ah boot?
    The OP who needs to start another thread asking vets and mods because i don't think he trusts my opinion.
    The body produces two types of gonadotropins: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). Once they are produced by the pituitary gland, gonadotropins trigger production of other sex hormones. Gonadotropins therefore play a part in egg and sperm production, as well as female and male physical traits such as voice, muscle, hair, and breast development.

Related Articles
    Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) for infertility
    Male hypogonadism
    » More medications Articles

Human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) and recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH) are gonadotropin fertility drugs.

hMG contains natural FSH and LH, purified from urine from postmenopausal women. (After menopause, women produce high levels of gonadotropins, which are excreted in their urine.)
    rFSH is genetically synthesized in the laboratory.

Sorry bro, didn't see your post prior to posting. Your info is great man and well appreciated.

not on here, thats what i was saying you implied that you were going to do a write up on it. I was simple encouraging you to do so.

I did not imply that at all.

I just wanted someone to do a detailed write-up and post it on the pct page for others to read.

I just wanted someone to do a detailed write-up and post it on the pct page for others to read.

You do it you lazy git

Blog Entries
    I did not imply that at all.
    well gal damn this is getting confusing. Write one up anyway, I do not believe I have read much of anything on here about it.

Damn, talking on this site is like having an interenet wife...sorry bro..wasn't tryin to hurt ya feelings by not believing you..just didn't read your post b4 posting the other.

Buys Lats60 a beer! cheers

Blog Entries
    Damn, talking on this site is like having an interenet wife...sorry bro..wasn't tryin to hurt ya feelings by not believing you..just didn't read your post b4 posting the other.

I'll take a jagerbomb while your dishing out drinks.

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    lol.. ill sit here and be quiet..

No worries, i type slow

Quote Originally Posted by mulciber View Post
    lol.. Ill sit here and be quiet..
    pmsl

Lol...

err, you know i got to post something.. little something to compare the two.. damn it man, i have no willpower.. its a sickness..

Gonadotropin treatment for infertility
    Examples
    Brand Name Chemical Name
    A.P.L., Pregnyl, Profasi
    human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG )

Bravelle, Humegon, Metrodin, Pergonal, Repronex
    human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG)

Follistim, Gonal-F
    recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH)

The body produces two types of gonadotropins: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). Once they are produced by the pituitary gland, gonadotropins trigger production of other sex hormones. Gonadotropins therefore play a part in egg and sperm production, as well as female and male physical traits such as voice, muscle, hair, and breast development.

Human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) and recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH) are gonadotropin fertility drugs.

* hMG contains natural FSH and LH, purified from urine from postmenopausal women. (After menopause, women produce high levels of gonadotropins, which are excreted in their urine.)
    * rFSH is genetically synthesized in the laboratory.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is similar to LH; it contains equal amounts of LH and FSH. These hormones play a central role in egg production.
    How It Works

In women. Luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) are necessary for egg production (ovulation). Early in the menstrual cycle, a woman with low hormone levels who is not ovulating can have daily human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) or recombinant human FSH (rFSH) injections for an average of 12 days. If this helps develop mature follicles, the ovary is ready to ovulate. One dose of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is then used to stimulate ovulation.

In men with low testosterone and FSH. LH stimulates the production of testosterone , and FSH promotes the formation of sperm. If a semen analysis, LH, and FSH testing suggest that abnormal hormone levels are preventing sperm production, these gonadotropins may be prescribed to promote sperm formation together. hCG is injected 3 times weekly until blood testosterone level is within the normal range (this may take 4 to 6 months). Treatment continues with injections of hCG twice a week and hMG or FSH 3 times a week until the sperm count rises to normal levels.
    Why It Is Used

Gonadotropins are given by injection to help the body make hormones needed for egg or sperm production.

In women. Gonadotropins may be used:1

* To stimulate ovulation related to low natural gonadotropin or estrogen levels. (This is most commonly seen in women with excessive exercise or eating disorders.)
    * When clomiphene and metformin have been ineffective for correcting irregular or no ovulation caused by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
    * For developing multiple egg follicles on the ovaries. Multiple eggs are harvested and used in assisted reproductive techniques such as in vitro fertilization or gamete intrafallopian transfer.
    * In combination with intrauterine insemination for couples with unexplained infertility when clomiphene has not worked.

In men. Gonadotropin therapy can treat low sperm counts caused by low levels of natural gonadotropins.
    How Well It Works

The combination human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG)/human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) or recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH)/ hCG treatment can consistently stimulate ovulation. It results in pregnancy in 60% of women failing to ovulate. However, of those pregnancies, up to 35% end in miscarriage.2
    Side Effects

Side effects are more common and more serious with gonadotropin treatment than with clomiphene (Clomid).

* Up to 35% of women who become pregnant after hMG/hCG or rFSH/hCG therapy have a miscarriage.2 This is higher than the risk of miscarriage in the general population.
    * In 5% to 10% of treatment cycles, women develop detectable ovarian enlargement. Multiple follicles (cysts with eggs) make the ovaries larger and more tender.2
    * There is a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), which (rarely) can be life-threatening. When closely monitored for side effects, however, a woman has less than a 1% risk of developing severe OHSS.2
    * Ovarian stimulation increases the likelihood of multiple pregnancy (twins, triplets, or more). Multiple pregnancy is considered high-risk for both a mother and her fetuses.
    * Other side effects include headache and abdominal pain.
    * Men may experience temporary breast enlargement.

See Drug Reference for a full list of side effects. (Drug Reference is not available in all systems.)
    What To Think About

During gonadotropin treatment, frequent monitoring of egg follicle development is necessary.2 This is done with ultrasound and blood tests. Without careful monitoring, the ovaries may become hyperstimulated. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome can be a very serious condition. It usually goes away by itself in 2 to 4 weeks, but a woman may need bed rest or hospitalization and intravenous fluid therapy, or may need a procedure to remove fluid from the abdomen.

Gonadotropins should only be used by doctors who are specially trained in infertility and who are familiar with the management of possible complications.

Complete the new medication information form (PDF)Click here to view a form.(What is a PDF document?) to help you understand this medication.
    References

Citations

1. Yao MWM, Schust DJ (2002). Treatment options section of Infertility. In JS Berek, ed., Novak''s Gynecology, 13th ed., pp. 1018–1036. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
    2. Mishell DR Jr (2001). Infertility. In MA Stenchever et al., eds., Comprehensive Gynecology, 4th ed., pp. 1169–1215. St. Louis: Mosby.
    Author: Bets Davis, MFA Last Updated: April 7, 2006
    Medical Review: Joy Melnikow, MD, MPH - Family Medicine
    Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
    Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology

more info, different source:

Human Menopausal Gonadotropins (hMG)

If you're having difficulties getting pregnant because of menstrual irregularities, you may want to ask you're doctor about the fertility drug: Human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG). hMG is typically given to females undergoing fertility treatments like IFV and IUI to induce ovulation. hMG contains the luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)— the two crucial hormones needed to stimulate ovulation. hMG like the fertility drug Urofollitropin is extracted from the urine of post-menopausal women and then purified before use.

How hMG Works and Its Effectiveness

Human menopausal gonadotropins stimulate the pituitary gland to release the hormones: LH and FSH. These hormones released by hMG combine forces to aid in the development and release of the egg by a woman's follicles. Once the matured egg is released into the fallopian tubes, it is ready to be fertilized.

Help Treat

Human menopausal gonadotropins are most likely to increase the odds of conception, improving fertility in women who suffer from fertility problems including:

* Endometriosis
    * Low levels of LH
    * Low levels of FSH
    * Ovary disorders like PCOS

Women who do not respond to the infertility drug Clomid can also use hMG.

Using HMG and Side Effects

Your doctor may recommend you to take human menopausal gonadotropins two to three days after your menstruation starts, for up seven to twelve days. Although, your dose of hMG will depend on your condition, the average dose of hMG recommended is between 75 and 600 IU per day. hMG are taken in the form of intramuscular injections.

A common side effect of hMG is hyperovarian stimulation. This occurs when the ovaries respond too well to the fertility drug. As a result the body releases multiple follicles into the ovaries. The release of multiple eggs can also increase the risk of multiple births by 40 percent while using hMG. Another side effect woman may notice while using this infertility drug to treat includes mood swings.

Here's some info about HCG so you can compare

What is Human Chorionic Gonadotropin?

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is a hormone that helps regulate the corpus lutem, a follicle that produces an egg for ovulation. hCG also stimulates the production of the two crucial hormones – estrogen and progesterone – needed to carry pregnancy to term. Normally, hCG is used in infertility treatments to trigger ovulation. hCG is extracted from the urine of pregnant women after being produced by the placenta.

How HCG Works

The HCG hormone works similar to the lutenizing hormone (LH) secreted by the pituitary gland. While the main function of LH is to the release the egg down the fallopian tube, hCG works to increase the number of eggs produced by the ovaries each month. With an increase number of eggs, the chance of fertilization increases.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Helps Treat

In women, human chorionic gonadotropin can help treat irregularities in ovulation, such as the following conditions:

* anovulation
    * irregular menstruation
    * polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

In men, hCG can be used to increase the level of testosterones and sperm.

Taking hCG and Success Rates

hCG is taken in the form of an injection. Your fertility doctor will administer one dose of hCG during each cycle of your infertility treatment. Your fertility specialist may show you how and when to administer the injections yourself. But, either way your fertility doctor will need to monitor your progress, and will give you and your partner a guideline regarding timed intercourse, to increase chances of conception.

HCG has proven effective in inducing ovulation; in fact 90 percent of the women taking this fertility drug ovulate after receiving treatment. On average, hCG increases pregnancy rate by 15 percent per a cycle. But this percentage increases with the use of the artificial insemination procedure:IUI.

Side Effects and Risks of hCG

Like most fertility treatments, hCG may cause you to experience some side effects. Some common side effects and risks of hCG include:

* abdominal discomfort
    * headaches
    * mood changes
    * nausea
    * indigestion
    * sore breasts
    * tiredness
    * water retention
    * weight gain
    * risk of multiple births

^^ sorted, now no one needs to write an article, more time for shagging hehehe.

Nice post bro...end thread!

Lmao

check the other post from me..spmeone posted a nice article on it..

Blog Entries
    Are you guys aware of the concept of synergism as it pertains to LH and FSH?

bbminded is offline Member
    i have some menopure hmg...... anyone have the protocol on how many IUs you need for pct??

the bottle says 75iu and comes with 2ml of water

believe 75iu is the same as 5000iu hcg

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    believe 75iu is the same as 5000iu hcg
    ok then how many IUs would i need for say 500ius with hcg for hmg thanks

bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information