Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Help! Too Deep?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864

    Thumbs down Help! Too Deep?

    Some of you know that I've used 1½" needles on my delts.
    Should have waited for 1" because now (3 days later, pinned on thurs) I feel a swollen area on the base of my shoulder (close to my bicep) and it is soar, and more soar when I lift my arm. Not pink and swollen outwards though.

    I did not inject there (prob inch and a half above area), the gear was brand new, and the needles were brand new. I also cleaned all gear and area before usage.

    I wonder now, Going all the way in when I pinned, did I go past my muscle into a fleshy area? I'm not sure what issues could be or what the absorption rate is, if I missed the muscle.

    I'm quite sure I went in too far (the whole needle).

    Help!?

  2. #2
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Anabolic View Post
    Some of you know that I've used 1½" needles on my delts.
    Should have waited for 1" because now (3 days later, pinned on thurs) I feel a swollen area on the base of my shoulder (close to my bicep) and it is soar, and more soar when I lift my arm. Not pink and swollen outwards though.

    I did not inject there (prob inch and a half above area), the gear was brand new, and the needles were brand new. I also cleaned all gear and area before usage.

    I wonder now, Going all the way in when I pinned, did I go past my muscle into a fleshy area? I'm not sure what issues could be or what the absorption rate is, if I missed the muscle.

    I'm quite sure I went in too far (the whole needle).

    Help!?
    well, if you went too far you would have hit bone, and i doubt you did, probably are SORE because you tore alot of muscle tissure all down your should by injecting with such a long needle

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    wow. thank you for reassuring me so quickly.
    If I could do back-flips at 2am (or at all for that matter) I would.

  4. #4
    Nicotine's Avatar
    Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CANADA!!
    Posts
    3,783
    i wouldn't worry.

    also, going that deep you coulda went into virgin tissue..... my first few shots sucked ass.

    just snag those 1"-ers

  5. #5
    Phate's Avatar
    Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Anabolic View Post
    wow. thank you for reassuring me so quickly.
    If I could do back-flips at 2am (or at all for that matter) I would.
    no prob bro, you actually caught me right before bed, i'm laying down now, but Mulciber would have reassured you had i not, and probably will anyway, just don't go injecting pecs with 1.5inch or you will go too deep, and probably end up hitting a lung or heart

    for future reference order needles and pins in bulk and get
    25g 1 inch general all around pin
    23g 1.5 glutes, though 25 1 inch works if you glutes aren't too big
    25g 5/8 inch can be used for delts, pecs etc
    if oil is thick i would get some 18 or 21gauge too, though they tear up stoppers pretty quick

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    Shot with 1" today. Felt nice.

    My right shoulder still hurts though, and it has a swollen area an inch below where I pinned (not a bump though). Still no pink either, at almost 5 days.

  7. #7
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    Same thing happened to my buddy when he injected there with 1.5". If there's still a knot just massage it out. My ex gf is a massage therapist and got Rid of his. It looked like a golf ball under his skin. Do u rub it out after injecting or just inject it and let it go?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    I lightly rub it, because it can actually cause issues if you massage after injecting.
    I take some alcohol and wipe the area lightly for 20 seconds.

  9. #9
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    ^^^ If you want to minimize injection pain, try taking hot showers before and after, as well as rubbing the area beforehand.

    And possibly running the syringe under warm water before the injection.

    Remeber, heat is your friend.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    I think the swollen area is calming down a bit (f**k.. FINALLY!)

    I will hope for the best 7-8 hours from now.

  11. #11
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,261
    I'm thinking you maybe hit a tendon.... Ouch!!!

  12. #12
    frank12391's Avatar
    frank12391 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    610
    Why he would have jumped & hit his head on the ceiling if he hit a tendon. Proly the oil irritated the tendon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    I am not one to go into a panic.

    But my shoulder hurts significantly less today and now it has a 'big' red patch on it. (Not huge, of course - but about 3 square inches and it's warm)
    I pinned up on the medial delt, the swollen part was lower closer to the bicep, and the red part is actually ON the bicep now.
    - It's like it's slowly moving down.

    Again, I pinned 1½ into my delt (way too deep) and the gear is brand new, and the area was cleaned before hand.

    Any ideas?

  14. #14
    davidb's Avatar
    davidb is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    87
    Idea#1: Stop using the 1.5" pin for smaller muscles

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    thanks tips.

  16. #16
    richtries's Avatar
    richtries is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Anabolic View Post
    I am not one to go into a panic.

    But my shoulder hurts significantly less today and now it has a 'big' red patch on it. (Not huge, of course - but about 3 square inches and it's warm)
    I pinned up on the medial delt, the swollen part was lower closer to the bicep, and the red part is actually ON the bicep now.
    - It's like it's slowly moving down.

    Again, I pinned 1½ into my delt (way too deep) and the gear is brand new, and the area was cleaned before hand.

    Any ideas?
    sounds like an infection to me . . . would go to the doctors asap

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    864
    bah!
    I wonder how I could be infected if it was so clean.

  18. #18
    THEMEATEATER's Avatar
    THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire/UK
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Anabolic View Post
    bah!
    I wonder how I could be infected if it was so clean.
    you will know if its an infection of not m8, but if by any chance it is then do the obvious thing and get it looked at asap, but chances are you will be fine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •