Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112

    amiridex dosage-plz. help!

    age: 30

    my estradiol level is 78 and test at 1118 -naturally- without any AAS ..

    i need to bring my estradiol level down to range below 30 ..

    i am taking arimidex 1mg every week ... starting today!

    is this good enuf ... need help ...

    will get my blood work done in 3 to 4 weeks time to check improvement!

  2. #2
    LATS60's Avatar
    LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriD View Post
    age: 30

    my estradiol level is 78 and test at 1118 -naturally- without any AAS ..

    i need to bring my estradiol level down to range below 30 ..

    i am taking arimidex 1mg every week ... starting today!

    is this good enuf ... need help ...

    will get my blood work done in 3 to 4 weeks time to check improvement!
    Arimidex is an AI. It inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
    As you are not using exogenous test there is obviously no conversion to inhibit.

  3. #3
    PT's Avatar
    PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12,157
    first off armidex needs to be taken everyday not everyweek. now what are you running? steroids ? when was your last cycle
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.




  4. #4
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    first off armidex needs to be taken everyday not everyweek. now what are you running? steroids? when was your last cycle
    Not done any steroids in past ... neither I am currently doing ..

    Just HGH -growth hormone .... which is not AAS ...

  5. #5
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Arimidex is an AI. It inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
    As you are not using exogenous test there is obviously no conversion to inhibit.
    What about the estrogen level being so high... Since its not normal I would want to bring it down. I guess Arimidex is the best answer to it ...

    My test level is on the higher side and maybe its converting to estrogen ...
    coz of HGH probably ...

  6. #6
    XNathan's Avatar
    XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pilsen, Czech Rep.
    Posts
    480
    Your testosterone will go up on arimidex . I guess 1800-1900ng/dl and estro to 30-40 on 0,25mg ED.

    But higger test mean more test for aromatisation if average test level is 500ng/dl and etrogens 30ng/dl. This simply mean you have still same ration test:estro like normal healty men.

    Good luck, in each case it will be interesting to know your results.

  7. #7
    LATS60's Avatar
    LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriD View Post
    What about the estrogen level being so high... Since its not normal I would want to bring it down. I guess Arimidex is the best answer to it ...

    My test level is on the higher side and maybe its converting to estrogen ...
    coz of HGH probably ...
    I wouldn't guess adex would be the best answer.
    Why not use your diet instead, a diet high in phytoestrogens has been shown in clinical trials to reduce estradiol by up to 25%.

  8. #8
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I wouldn't guess adex would be the best answer.
    Why not use your diet instead, a diet high in phytoestrogens has been shown in clinical trials to reduce estradiol by up to 25%.
    My diet is usually high protein, less carbs ... But I still feel bloated... So I was wondering if excess Estrogen might be the culprit...

    In terms of ratio my test/estrogen seems to be fine as both are above the ranges ...

    You think HGH might be the reason behind the increase of test which is in turn is increasing the estrogen level ...

    I will anyways do arimidex for few weeks ... with dosages of 1 mg (divided into 2 or 4 dosages) every week .. and see what the results are ...

    Don't know if I should stop HGH ... or continue with it ....

  9. #9
    LATS60's Avatar
    LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,662
    As i said, IMO i'd increase phytoestrogens and maybe add a zinc suppliment.
    Both will help lower estradiol.

  10. #10
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by XNathan View Post
    Your testosterone will go up on arimidex . I guess 1800-1900ng/dl and estro to 30-40 on 0,25mg ED.

    But higger test mean more test for aromatisation if average test level is 500ng/dl and etrogens 30ng/dl. This simply mean you have still same ration test:estro like normal healty men.

    Good luck, in each case it will be interesting to know your results.
    Using Arimidex and bringing down my level to 30 .. and my test level being high ... is this an over kill on the libido ... Will it effect me in that area ...

  11. #11
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    As i said, IMO i'd increase phytoestrogens and maybe add a zinc suppliment.
    Both will help lower estradiol.
    Do you think I should stop HGH or continue with it?????????

  12. #12
    LATS60's Avatar
    LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriD View Post
    Do you think I should stop HGH or continue with it?????????
    I can't see any reason to stop the HGH.

  13. #13
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I can't see any reason to stop the HGH.
    Okay!!!! Lets see how it goes .....

    I missed my first AAS cycle which I planned ... I was thinking of doing Test E for 10 weeks or so ... as my first cycle .. but I guess with already so much test in my system .. I guess .. its out of the question for sometime till I get things in control ...

  14. #14
    Mulciber is offline Scammer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Center Ring
    Posts
    2,392
    keep in mind.. increased estradiol levels can also be indicative of a testicular tumor, adrenal tumor, hepatic cirrhosis, necrosis of the liver, hyperthyroidism, etc.

  15. #15
    LATS60's Avatar
    LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    keep in mind.. increased estradiol levels can also be indicative of a testicular tumor, adrenal tumor, hepatic cirrhosis, necrosis of the liver, hyperthyroidism, etc.
    Ah, what a comforting thought

  16. #16
    Kratos's Avatar
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    34,255
    Why should you need to do anything?
    Normal levels for a healthy fertile man are between 10-82 pg/ml
    Levels are often below 50 but your test levels are pretty darn high, so you don't suffer from excess aromatase enzyme. They'll come down on their own as you get older as all hormone levels do. What's the problem?

  17. #17
    THEMEATEATER's Avatar
    THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire/UK
    Posts
    467
    your worrying over nothing m8. leave the adex alone and save yourself the money.

  18. #18
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Why should you need to do anything?
    Normal levels for a healthy fertile man are between 10-82 pg/ml
    Levels are often below 50 but your test levels are pretty darn high, so you don't suffer from excess aromatase enzyme. They'll come down on their own as you get older as all hormone levels do. What's the problem?
    Daym some people scare you ... they are like it has to be between 10 to 30 of estradiol level else you will start getting Boobs and stuff, loose hair ... I have not even taken any steroids .. But I was scared if HGH is creating the test level to go high and converting to estrogen ...

    My endo was not much concerned over this ... He has anyways requested for ultra scans for testicle tumors and other checks .. which I guess should all be fine ..

    I went and paid 200 dollars for armidex tabs ... got a big hole in my wallet ... But anyways I can always use the armidex for my AAS cycle so its fyne unless there were cheaper PCTs ...

    You guys think .. I should do something about lowering my Estradiol to normal level or keep it the way it is and continue with my HGH ..... and not like end up with MAN Boobs ... lol . this really confusing ..

  19. #19
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,468
    guess u didnt test estradiol b4 taking the hgh?

  20. #20
    frank12391's Avatar
    frank12391 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I wouldn't guess adex would be the best answer.
    Why not use your diet instead, a diet high in phytoestrogens has been shown in clinical trials to reduce estradiol by up to 25%.
    Soy beans, soy milk contains good phytoestrogens. You can take whey / soy powder as well. You can do it with your diet.

  21. #21
    SheriD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by frank12391 View Post
    Soy beans, soy milk contains good phytoestrogens. You can take whey / soy powder as well. You can do it with your diet.
    Thats right... Will get on to it... Flax Seeds are high in phytoestrogens also ..............

  22. #22
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,468
    i thought that the rumor always went soy caused estro to elevate...just the opposite?

  23. #23
    Kratos's Avatar
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    34,255
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i thought that the rumor always went soy caused estro to elevate...just the opposite?
    It's more complicated then that

    Phytoestrogens have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects.

    flavonoids: the coumestans, prenylated flavonoids and isoflavones are three of the most active in estrogenic effects in this classes.

    isoflavones are commonly found in soy

    Researchers are studying isoflavones and say it can help prevent prostate cancer.

    Many conflicting studies in men. Phytoestrogens are more benificial in women as they get older as their estrogen levels drop off.

  24. #24
    Kratos's Avatar
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    34,255
    Clinical and Biological Activity of Soy Protein Powder Supplementation in Healthy Male Volunteers
    Susan Goodin1,3,4, Francisco Shen2,6, Weichung J. Shih3, Nisha Dave5, Michael P. Kane3, Patrick Medina3, George H. Lambert2,3,6, Joseph Aisner1,3,4, Michael Gallo1,3,6 and Robert S. DiPaola1,3,4
    Departments of 1 Medicine and 2 Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 3 The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, and 4 The Dean and Betty Gallo Prostate Cancer Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey; and 5 Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Institute, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and 6 Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Piscataway, New Jersey


    Requests for reprints: Susan Goodin, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08***-2681. Phone: 732-235-7472; Fax: 732-235-7493. E-mail: goodin@umdnj.edu

    Purpose: To determine if a commonly used soy protein supplement exhibits biological activity in vivo and in vitro, we evaluated an over-the-counter soy protein powder supplement using blood from healthy male volunteers and in an estrogen receptor in vitro assay.

    Subjects and Methods: We recruited healthy male volunteers 18 years of age or older that were in good health. Treatment consisted of consuming two scoops (56 g) of pure soy protein powder (Puritan's Pride, Oakdale, NY) daily for 28 days. Serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH) levels were collected on days –7, 0, 14, and 28 of therapy, and day 42. A reporter estrogen receptor (ER) assay was used to determine the effect on ER- and ER- in vitro.

    Results: Twelve subjects were enrolled with a mean age of 32.25 years (range 25 to 47). Serum testosterone decreased 19%(22%) during the 4-week use of soy protein powder (P = 0.021) and increased within 2 weeks after we discontinued soy protein powder. Serum LH concentrations decreased during the 4-week use of soy protein powder then increased within 2 weeks after we stopped the soy protein powder, but the changes did not reach statistical significance (P = 0.20). Soy protein powder was found to induce agonist activity to ER- using a reporter estrogen receptor assay in yeast.

    Conclusion: Soy protein powder decreases serum testosterone levels in healthy men and acts as an ER- agonist; the significance of this biological effect with respect to cancer prevention needs further study. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007;16(4):829–33)

  25. #25
    Kratos's Avatar
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    34,255
    I wouldn't do anything, you're under the care of an endo. Wait and see what he tells you to do. Your test levels being high will cancel out the estrogenic effects of growing boobs and stuff because it's the adrogen/estrogen balance you need to worry about most. DHT prevents breast tissue growth.

    No point cycling, you've got natty high test. Just work out and eat right. Wait and see what your doc tells you to do before you take any action. He needs to eliminate the possibility of cancer anytime a gland is overproducing, but you aren't in a rage that deffinatly indicates tumor so don't worry too much. Just sit back and wait unless you have a reason not to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •