CaptCrash is offline New Member

piece of stopper in vial?

Just went to do a prop injection, and it looks like there's a piece of rubber stopper floating around in the test. Not big enough to get into the needle, but still its buggin me out of course cause i'm worried about infection. What do you guys think? Do i trash the rest of that bottle of test? Thanks guys...

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    not big enough to get in? you mean too big to get in the needle right? You can get syringe filters.

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Dont trash it.It happens bad if you draw with a large gauge needle.You can make sure not to draw the rubber piece up and inject it.That is the main reason i always have whatman filters and vials on hand.Always wipe the top with alcohol before you draw that way that little piece that might get in there will be sterilized.

glover is offline Associate Member
    I have those too. Just don't draw it in should be fine. I have never had a problem with mine getting drawn into syringe.

i mean to say its too big to fit into the syringe needle, and yes i always wipe the vial stoppers before and after injecting with alcohol. Maybe what i'll do is transfer it carefully into another sterile vial? Thanks for the help guys

fanatic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    Just went to do a prop injection, and it looks like there's a piece of rubber stopper floating around in the test. Not big enough to get into the needle, but still its buggin me out of course cause i'm worried about infection. What do you guys think? Do i trash the rest of that bottle of test? Thanks guys...
    Definitely don't trash it... Have you used since you saw the rubber in there?

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i stick a 18g in that shit and suck it in the pin and then pull it out of the vial. only happend a couple times

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Ampules FTW! This is the exact reason why I hate vials.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Mate, I would filter it & transfer into a clean vial just in case. The equipment costs "bugger all" (Nada) as us Aussies say. If its the outside part of the rubber, it still can contaminate the gear even if you have swabbed your vial with an alcohol wipe. Why take the chance. People are still getting infections, mostly because ( believe me) they don't wash their hands prior to handling the gear & equipment. And, notice most get it more than once, they say they are prone. B U L L S H I T. The first step to infection control is washing your hands. It just goes to show how easy it is to get an infection.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dude, think of it this way, how can that make the test bad, it's the same material. The stopper is constantly in contact with the test, it's just a small piece that came off, that does not mean it's bad, rotten or ??? As long as you don't draw it who cares. Think of it logically, not emotionally.

This is sort of like the guy who freaked out a couple months ago when he spilled some test on his skin thinking it might harm him. LOL It's OK to inject it but not get on you????? hahahaha
    No flaming you or anyone, just think about what you are saying.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 11-18-2008 at 12:38 AM.

frank12391 is offline Member
    I think he needs to take a poll with this one

alright i think i have a spare watman filter so i'm just gonna transfer it over to another vial and keep using. And yes, i know its the same material as the stopper the test is touch, but certain things are just better safe then sorry, so i came to you guys because you're way more seasoned than me with any of this. Again, i appreciate all the help guys

korsow is offline Associate Member
    this has happened to me multiple times. Never had a problem with,, yet another reason to use clear vials tho

Thread Information