Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Any steroid doctor wizzes? Atrial Fibrilation & Anavar?

I really need some input from anyone who might know about this. I've been googling and can't find anything.

I started Anavar last week with my brother. I'm feeling fine and great, no issues at all.
    But on day 3 last week my brother had heart problems. Was complaining about his heart pounding and skipping beats.

I took him to the ER and doctors said it was atrial fibrilation but that they don't know what caused it. A cardiologist said his heart was fine (did EKG and some other tests), but he didn't know why the AF was caused. (it lasted 13 hours and he was in the hospital 2 days before they cleared him)

My brother didn't tell any doctors he started anavar 3 days before that.
    He's 28, been working out and running basically his whole life. Never any drugs or anything. (much healthier than me)
    He's done superdrol and pheraplex with me before with nothing like this happening.
    Hes been on propecia for 3 years and nothing else his whole life.

Now he thinks it was the Anavar and he has no proof to believe it was, or no proof to believe it wasn't.
    I want him to start doing the Var with me again but I'm not trying to have him back in the ER. Does anyone know any links between Anavar and AF? We were trying to figure out any changes he made in his diet recently and all there was - was the anavar 3 days prior and a new bottle of protein he bought the day he went to the ER, but I doubt it could be the protein (sealed and new), and I'm on the var and am doing fine. So nothing makes sense.

Should he start the var again?

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont see why it would be the VAR...who knows....maybe stop it....then restart it and if it comes...that may be it...

How about caffene consumption or any uppers?

I had a problem with tren and clen ...same issues...

then again...people can have these things for no reason at all....so it may be a coincidence

Bottom line...its his heart and he only has one...I dont forsee him having a large event from this....especially if everything else checks out (bp, cholesterol and all of the other blood tests..) but god forbid if anything does....watch it closely...but i doubt its the var

fyi...stress and other sh1t can exacerbate stuff like this

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Afib is not to serious in most cases. There can be many causes sometime stimulates, sometimes there is underlying conditions and sometimes there is no apparent cause at all. Most people are asymptomatic and never know they have it until they discover it on accident.

I stress tested an athlete one time that was an elite level endurance runner. We did a simple ECG on her and found out that she had no P wave at all. That means she didnt have any electrical activity during the correct time that the SA node of the heart should have fired. It was delayed and masked in by the ventricals so we did a few more test and found that she would go into afib when her heart rate was elevated. It was one of the craziest things I have seen but i guess not unheard of according to my mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Afib is not to serious in most cases. There can be many causes sometime stimulates, sometimes there is underlying conditions and sometimes there is no apparent cause at all. Most people are asymptomatic and never know they have it until they discover it on accident.

I stress tested an athlete one time that was an elite level endurance runner. We did a simple ECG on her and found out that she had no P wave at all. That means she didnt have any electrical activity during the correct time that the SA node of the heart should have fired. It was delayed and masked in by the ventricals so we did a few more test and found that she would go into afib when her heart rate was elevated. It was one of the craziest things I have seen but i guess not unheard of according to my mentor.
    EXACTLY....probably nothing...but still keep an eye on it...sometimes it can cause blood clots...not to scare you...can be fixed by taking a blood thinner...but that is really with chronic afib...just get routine check ups...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    EXACTLY....probably nothing...but still keep an eye on it...sometimes it can cause blood clots...not to scare you...can be fixed by taking a blood thinner...but that is really with chronic afib...just get routine check ups...
    Yeah very good point!

Yeah very good point!
    wow...i said something that someone agree's with....hooray for me

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

That's crazy! Good thread...

I'm reading and reading over and over the same things about var.
    The *safest* out there. Its been out since the 60's, and they initially used it for women and children.
    Than I read all the crap about the sides of propecia and I'm thinking "wtf"? If he has anything to worry about logically it would be the propecia any day before var. But it just sucks it had to be 3 days after the he started the var.
    It literally seems like an angel steroid . Like noone has problems with it at all, just need to convince him now. Thanks guys, and anything else will be great because I'm printing this thread out for him to read tommorow + all the best var profiles I can find (this site and a couple others)
    It would suck if he gets turned off by juice from 1 random bs experience like this. Hes been bodybuilding his whole life (great physique) and has always been afraid of steroids so I'm trying to break him in lol.

Blog Entries
    wow...i said something that someone agree's with....hooray for me
    You actually said something that is of great clinical significance. I am impressed you thought of it. I didnt even think about it and I did CVP physiology daily throughout gradschool. Damn overpriced education

. I am impressed you thought of it.
    ill take that as a compliment....

so anyway...why wouldn't have I though of it....if you have to pm me the answer due to privacy feel free...

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I'm reading and reading over and over the same things about var.
    The *safest* out there. Its been out since the 60's, and they initially used it for women and children.
    Than I read all the crap about the sides of propecia and I'm thinking "wtf"? If he has anything to worry about logically it would be the propecia any day before var. But it just sucks it had to be 3 days after the he started the var.
    It literally seems like an angel steroid . Like noone has problems with it at all, just need to convince him now. Thanks guys, and anything else will be great because I'm printing this thread out for him to read tommorow + all the best var profiles I can find (this site and a couple others)
    It would suck if he gets turned off by juice from 1 random bs experience like this. Hes been bodybuilding his whole life (great physique) and has always been afraid of steroids so I'm trying to break him in lol.
    tell him not too worry....let him know RHINO said it was ok...that should ease his mind LOL

lmao, "we got a thumbs up from rhino bro.. he's that guy located in your gfs hot wet snatch"

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    lmao, "we got a thumbs up from rhino bro.. he's that guy located in your gfs hot wet snatch"
    YEA......its good as gold...i poke my head out on occasion...if i see my shadow...right back in i go...

I dont see why it would be the VAR...who knows....maybe stop it....then restart it and if it comes...that may be it...

How about caffene consumption or any uppers?

I had a problem with tren and clen ...same issues...

then again...people can have these things for no reason at all....so it may be a coincidence

Bottom line...its his heart and he only has one...I dont forsee him having a large event from this....especially if everything else checks out (bp, cholesterol and all of the other blood tests..) but god forbid if anything does....watch it closely...but i doubt its the var

fyi...stress and other sh1t can exacerbate stuff like this
    oh and no uppers for the record.
    but it DID actually happen during the jets game last thurs when they were laying out new england.

they were making some great plays and he was doing a lot of yelling.
    the doctors actually said him being excited like that could have provoked it, the only reason I was thinking it wasn't that is because he usually yells like that everytime jets play. but i guess that could still be considered a form of stress.

Blog Entries
    ill take that as a compliment....

so anyway...why wouldn't have I though of it....if you have to pm me the answer due to privacy feel free...
    It was a compliment, It takes some knowledge of the subject to remember that when the atria go into AFIB that the blood in the chambers are not moving. When blood stops moving and pools it coagulates forming clots. When these clots move the can go to the lungs and become lodged and cause a Pulmonary embolism or if they are in the left atria will go into the systemic circulation and could potentially cause problems as well. I am just impressed is all, no hidden meanings.

Thanks....mus sci

Could very well be nothing at all...just got excited...like i said...and like bob marley said...

"everyting....is gonna be allright"

Thread Information