trollza is offline New Member

Blood - Glute Injection

Is it normal to bleed from a glute injection, i know some is acceptable but today it was more than normal. started bleeding as soon as it went in, i changed the site slightly to more North East to hit the muscle more. It did stop and it feels fine but should i be worried if this happens again.

raymondjj19 is offline New Member
    think u must have hit a vein or something the first time. dont be worried as long as u didnt inject into it.

trollza is offline New Member
    it went in and was injected , the blood wasn't allot but just seemed more than usual but not enough for me to look at and go jeez something is wrong, also once i had finished applying pressure with the alchol swab it was fine. Like i say it felt fine but just wanted to know if blood from glute inject is normal

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    when i hit glutes they always bleed alot, same when i shoot my friends. i think it's normal. when you stick pins in your body it will probobally bleed. never known anything bad to happen to anyone that bled alot. don't worry..Madmax

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Just my experierence, I don't bleed much at all when injecting in the glute.

Did you aspirate the needle? Maybe u did hit a vein or something.

BigPete is offline Associate Member
    It could be a build up of scar tissue also...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Every once in a while you hit a gusher. It isn't unusual and I wouldn't be concerned.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i always seem to get at least a little blood, but sometimes i bleed more heavily.
    i dont think its anything to worry about, as you probably pierced a vein on the way in. make sure you aspirate every time, so you dont inject into that same vein though.

peace bb79

raymondjj19 is offline New Member
    same thing just happened to me the other day. When i took the pin out the bloood ran down my arse. normally its only a little. however, when i pulled on the punger there was no blod so i injected.
    i guess u gotta expect blood if u stick things in your butt

JuiceAddict is offline Associate Member
    Getting blood is perfectly normal, especially on the withdraw. I mean shit, think about it..you are sticking a 1 to 1 1/2 inch needle into your body.

Hell, I bleed like a siv from a paper cut..lol

Thread Information