wahs is offline New Member

Concerned with Stunted Growth/Baldness

Stats:
    160lbs
    ~12% bf
    5'5
    Lifting for 4 years. Serious dedication/logging workouts for 3.Counting calories/macros 1.5 year.

I was looking into doing a cycle in the future (1 year time frame or so). My major concern - other than appropriate post and on cycle support - is stunted growth and hair loss.

One of the side affects of steroid usage is stunted growth. This is due to aromatizable steroids . So I have two questions.
    1. Can one cycle (ex. 300mg test ew 10w) stunt growth?
    2. Does taking an AI prevent stunting growth?

The second side affect I'm concerned about is baldness. Here's my question
    3. Would taking an AI and staying away from anadrol /dianabol (I'm going to do test only anyways) prevent baldness? (my dad's family is bald, but my mom's only brother ain't)

I know that there likely isn't any definite answers, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Everyone responds differently to AAS, but why shutdown your own system when you have enough hormones floating around to make decent gain? also do you really want to shut down your own system when its not fully developed yet...your risk to take no one is going to tell you your going to be fine because its an impossibility to judge that.....IMHO it isnt worth the risk

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    Hgh.........

nalm is offline New Member
    answers for 1 and 2 , just wait at 19 you should be able to grow no problem , if your that worried about growing, why even chance it? i know i wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    Hgh.........
    At 19yrs old come on now!!!

Gears is offline Member
    It seems like you have a lot of room to grow without AAS at 160 bro, and at 19 you run the risk of having to go on HRT for life.

As far as stunted growth goes, i`m not exactly sure since there isin`t a ton of documented evidence supporting it, but high levels of estrogen is known to close growth plate which is usually the cause of the negative-feedback loop of the high test levels. So yeah, an AI MIGHT help.

As far as baldness goes, genetically you inherit your hair genes from your mom, so look at the males on her side of the family. If you`re prone then there isin`t much you can do and AAS certainly isin`t going to make things better.

I seriously ask that you reconsider untill you`re at least 21, and if not, know all the risks involved by taking it at such a young age. You don`t want to do somthing you might regret, esp considering you`ve got a long way to go naturally, even at 5`5.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Too young. You should spend at least another few years making clean gains before cycling. I kept growing until around 27.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Dude I just caught that you only weigh 160??
    Come on bro, you got PLENTY of room to grow before you need the juice.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFCRAFT View Post
    Dude I just caught that you only weigh 160??
    Come on bro, you got PLENTY of room to grow before you need the juice.
    I agree, even at 5'5".
    Also with regards stunted growth, ephyseal fusion occurs at any age between 15-25yrs so you could still have a way to go yet.
    But it's a fact, messing with your endochrinology system at this crucial time would be crazy.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know if this kid is old enough to post, i forget what the cut off age is..

but...

Your concerns are real, but i doubt i grew any from age 19+.. if i did i sure did not notice.
    u should not be juicing tho.. but whose gonna stop u.. prolly not even your own mother, if u yell at her enough or something.

wahs is offline New Member
    Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate them. I do plan on waiting, hopefully gain 10-20, even though I don't believe 21 is a magical number... That aside.

The general consensus is that if you start young, you "permanently fuk your endocrine system." I don't understand how this is any different than someone in there 30's juicing and resulting in abnormally low levels of LH and FSH. (Proper cycle and post cycle support will bring everything back. And as long as you have a healthy body and don't frequently cycle, you should recover...)

Quote Originally Posted by wahs View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate them. I do plan on waiting, hopefully gain 10-20, even though I don't believe 21 is a magical number... That aside.

The general consensus is that if you start young, you "permanently fuk your endocrine system." I don't understand how this is any different than someone in there 30's juicing and resulting in abnormally low levels of LH and FSH. (Proper cycle and post cycle support will bring everything back. And as long as you have a healthy body and don't frequently cycle, you should recover...)
    Because your own system hasn't fully developed yet and this can have a huge impact on it being fuked up and never getting it to fully function

Thread Information