sportfan33 is offline Associate Member

? about wiping needle with alcohol

Hey can you wipe ur injection needle with a alcohol swab or is it straight just coming out of the package. I have heard it both ways. I heard its completely sterile coming out of the packaging and i heard that it isnt, that you dont know what they do at the manufacturers so wipe to sterilize it...so thats what iv been doin< any input? is this assumption stupid, why why not?

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Do not wipe it with alcohol if you do you will contaminate it, they are already sterile coming out of there package....

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by sportfan33 View Post
    Hey can you wipe ur injection needle with a alcohol swab or is it straight just coming out of the package. I have heard it both ways. I heard its completely sterile coming out of the packaging and i heard that it isnt, that you dont know what they do at the manufacturers so wipe to sterilize it...so thats what iv been doin< any input? is this assumption stupid, why why not?
    it's fine coming out of the package, wiping it with an alcohol swab can actually leave fragments of the fabric from the pad on the needle that you inject, though i doubt if that would really hurt you even if you did inject it

TASSY5 is offline Associate Member
    I normally wipe my needle with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol befor injecting to make sure it is clean also. BUT I saw a post where some like to let a couple of drips rn down the needle (if oil based) to lube the needle for better penetration.
    But in answer to your question, it cant hurt to be extra sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by TASSY5 View Post
    I normally wipe my needle with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol befor injecting to make sure it is clean also. BUT I saw a post where some like to let a couple of drips rn down the needle (if oil based) to lube the needle for better penetration.
    But in answer to your question, it cant hurt to be extra sterile.
    so what happens when a piece of cotton from the swab gets on or in the needle and you inject it?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you getting your pins from the pharmacy?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The pins should be sealed and sterile or else I wouldnt be using them. Do not wipe with anything! Just swab the top of the vial and injection spot but not the pin.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That was always my though, it is sterile so why wipe it, just dont let it touch anything, keep the top of the vial clean or whatever and you are good. If you do wipe dont use cotton, use the pre packaged sterile wipes, they are CHEAP, sterile, not chance of anything coming off of them and wipe from the top of the needle down so you dont snag it on the tip and only do it once.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Don't need to swab it but i've done it both ways and never had a problem (infection) either way. Don't bother swabbing though.

BTK
    BTK is offline Associate Member
    The only thing that should be on the pin of the needle while ejecting is a little oil from your injection for lubrication. Thats why I always put test in last never lube my pin with TREN ! I'm cheap what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    The only thing that should be on the pin of the needle while ejecting is a little oil from your injection for lubrication. Thats why I always put test in last never lube my pin with TREN! I'm cheap what do you expect.
    you could be cheaper and use b12, it will create a lava lamp effect in the syringe but the b12 is easy to get to the top, lol

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    The pins should be sealed and sterile or else I wouldnt be using them. Do not wipe with anything! Just swab the top of the vial and injection spot but not the pin.
    If you draw with a serperate needle do you still need to swab the top of the bottle? I draw with a 16 guage then switch to a new 25g to inject, but I have never swabbed the bottle. THanks.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I do. Better safe than sorry.

frank12391 is offline Member
    Me too

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    x2 always wipe top of vials just to be safe.

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    Packaged needles are sterile, you aren't ment to touch them with anything.
    Swab the site and bottle top only.
    Alcohol on needle will give you pain

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    alcohol preps don;t sterilize anything fyi. they clean things they do not sterilize anything. sterilization is a pretty complex process involving heat or something like an autoclave..
    so as everyone said as long as it's a new unopened needle it's already sterile.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    always clean the vial top but as long the needle is fresh no need to clean it

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    Wiping the needle with alcohol will cause the injection to burn more. Wiping the top of the vial and the spot of injection before hitting it will be fine. The new needle should be sterile and you won't have to worry about that being clean.

Thread Information