tadpoleboyy is offline Member

soccer and steroids

Hey everyone,
    Ive been using on and off for a few years. I used to play soccer, but since those days, all i have done was bodybuild. I have gotten up to 195 (not on cycle), which is a longshot from my soccer days of 160.

The problem is, i want to play soccer again, and i weigh too much to run around for that long and not get totally winded. So i need to lose some weight ( i already have low bodyfat), but keep as much muscle as possible.

So, what would be a cycle that may be approprait for playing soccer, that would help me maintain mass but not put on a ton of size? Obviously i will need to lose some weight, but anytime i run to that degree, i lose a lot of muscle due to the catabolic state my body enters. Im thinking something somewhat mild, like boldenone or t-bol? My goal is no longer size, but maintainence of muscle whilst in a very catabolic state (or the reversal of this catabolism). Im not sure if any of you have experience with regards to endurance sports...

Also, would anyone have any knowledge about steroids and their impact on slow twitch muscle fiber? Due to liftin, my body is mostly fast twitch muscle, and i have about 2 months to get my slow twitch muscle back in action. High rep sets maybe? and obviously lots of cardio

RollingStone is offline Associate Member
    500mg test is more than enough to stop catabolism while in a calorie deficit
    you could use mostly any steroid , but the ones with least water retention are your best best while cardio is a priority

Test would be my choice, you get the other added benefits of it as well

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i've never cycled, but i've played soccer for 15 years now. i'm 5'9, 185 and can run for two or three hours no problem. its not about size, its just endurance. if you start running at your size it might take longer, but eventually you'll get into shape again. its never easy to get started, the first week is always the worst. imo, you don't need any cycle, just lots of running and commitment

well yes, i dont NEED to cycle. But i hate to lose all the progress i have made. Granted, i will lose some anyway if i want to lose weight, but i cycle every 3-4 months, so im guna end up doing it anyway. Running so far has been hell with a side of puking. I am aware that i will improve slowly, however. It will be hard to transform my body from its current strength oriented state to an endurance oriented one.

i will probably not use test, as i do not want to buy all the ancillary stuff to prevent water retention and finasteride for acne ( i get it bad). In fact, i may just do an all oral, to avoid the muscle soreness. I am considering EQ right now tho, probably just shoulder shots. I will be in a calorie deficit (compared to normal intake), since this will cut into my EATING time. And my food money, since it cost money to play. Not to mention all the calories burned that would have otherwise been used to make muscle. And i am a hardgainer, getting to 195 was hard as hell, since i have a fast metabolism/cannot digest food efficiently
    Last edited by tadpoleboyy; 11-29-2008 at 08:24 PM.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i don't get smaller during soccer, so i really think the losing muscle side is over hyped. just keep eating a lot and you'll be fine.

throwing up doesn't really help, you shouldn't have to push yourself that far to get into shape. try running twice a day (to start) with a long job in the morning (5 or so miles) and then sprints in the evening (like on a track sprint the straights, slow jog on the corners, for 1-2 miles) it should come back pretty quickly.

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    I give all respect in the world to football players ( soccer i mean). Run like that for 1.5 hrs is unbelievable. I never even heard that a soccer player juicing and I know so many good players . 2 even played in united team (Russia) last year or 2 years ago during world Championship. Juice ( any AAS) make ur cardio suffer - at least in my experience. Dbol , Tbol ( it'll still put mass on u), I thought Tren , but I was getting light headed on the treadmill , so that didn't work too. I thought EPO maybe and GH for recovery would've worked , maybe anavar too. You have to figure it out for yourself. Not too many juicers in soccer that's for sure! Very honest and hard training and lots of leg(knees esp.) injuries!

yes, that is another reason id like to drop 10 lbs, my knees suffer pretty bad carrying this much weight that long. I guess i will have to get super cut, so i can keep most muscle. T bol may be my best option, perhaps with something to reduce estrogen.

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    Bro Tbol will make u gain weight. Its derivative of dbol . I dont like orals , but from a good stuff people claimed up to 20lbs in 4 weeks on Tbol ( im not kidding). Oh that's at 40mg ED dose. Oh and about your knees , look into "Alflutop" it should take care of it after a course 20injection - 20 days. Its all minerals- safe stuff. I feel u on the knee pain. Every time I kick mawashi-giri (roundhouse I guess its called) I feel it in my left leg since that's the only one Im standing on. And me knee started giving up on me about two weeks ago. I even feel like its about to give up when i go up the stairs. So if u do something for your knee that I dont know , lemme know plz hehe

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Ronaldo

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    hey tadpoleboyy, I can tell you out of personal experience exactly what worked for me.

I played hockey (which resembles soccer in its endurance, speed, agility aspects), and was great at it. Fast as lightning, agile as a cat. Only problem was that I wanted to get better, so I eventually tried performance enhancing drugs.

Promatrix Primobolan was the best substance I'd ever taken for playing hockey. It was a prohormone that has been banned - so theres really not that much more to talk about regarding that. Regular primobolan isn't a very good choice because it is dht derived and I think thats why its hard on the joints.

What worked - DECA . Do not run test along with it, and use it at only 250-300mg a week. I know people talk about deca being extremely severe on the hpta, but me and everyone of my friends have used it at this dose and never felt a single side effect. Why does deca alone work so great for speed and endurance sports?

1. Positive Nitrogen balance to counteract your catabolic state - keep eating a lot and burning a lot, you'll find your muscle stays and your fat disapears
    2. Water retention - you will get 0.000000 water retention using it at these dosages and without test. Remember that deca can be used as a cutter, its just that at higher doses it works amazingly for bulking
    3. Joints - The fluid retention deca causes within the joints will have your knees feeling amazing. Nothing will make you feel more agile and ready to unleash your speed than having flexible, dependable, and pain free joints.

DO NOT USE TEST! WORST DRUG EVER TO PUT INTO YOUR BODY FOR AN ENDURANCE, SPEED, AGILITY SPORT.

Anyways, thats what worked for me. When I was playing hockey on 250mg of deca a week I had never been better in my life.
    Last edited by nhl1; 11-30-2008 at 12:56 AM.

mic.p is offline Junior Member
    Dude i tend to agree with T OWN, there's no reason to cycle at all, just get straight into your endurance training bring up the lung capacity / fitness level and just keep the protine intake high 1.5gms per lb of body weight, and the body in a high state of fitness will easily carry your body weight !

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. NO steroids is the absolute best answer for speed, endurance sports.

I was just suggesting what the best one to take while playing was - in my experience.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    im no soccer player ....based on opinion on what sounds like a good choice ...EQ at a lower end dose with very low dose test to basically maintain slightly above normal test levels would make good sense. With eq endurance and stamina would go way up and def anti catabolic esp along with low dose test. HOWEVER this is out of my area of experience and i would think a little patience in building natural endurance back up with cardio and a good diet would be cheaper and effective.... and recommended.

ive read up a little regarding joints and endurance. It seems a low-moderate dose of deca may be a good option. Improving my endurance is not the issue, i know i can do that in time natural or not. Retaining most of my muscle and trying to keep my bodybuilding physic under such conditions is the hard part. As for tbol and weight gain, i have used it before, and at a 30mg dose it may be another good option. I have also used HDROL by cel with similar/better results, but at a higher dose, so i may go that way too. for my money, deca is a better choice than eq.

On a side note, my acceleration, speed, agility, and kicking power are completely awesome (for my level, obviously not compared to a premier league player). I attribute this to weightlifting alone. I have never been able to accelerate and kick as hard as i can now.

also i would like to throw in (since someone will invariably mention the need for test with deca), that my last cycle, which was test 500, i had problems becoming aroused, as opposed to previous cycles with included low dose test and deca or eq in which i was horny 24/7. Riddle me that...

thanks for your help NHL, that was the post i was looking for
    Last edited by tadpoleboyy; 12-02-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Thread Information