the fly is offline Associate Member

Very High Ammonia levels found on blood test

My ammonia levels are 84 and both my physician and therapist are both concerened because my therapist also prescribes mood stabalizers. I ran a test/masteron / with winny tabs cycle this summer then did the Anthony Roberts PCT but my sex drive is still gone.
    What's going on and what's with the Ammonia level? Has anyone ever seen this before???

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    How much protein are you ingesting, ammonia is a by product of amino acid processing.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 12-06-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: I meant liver and put kidney, corrected

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    How much protein are you ingesting, ammonia is a by product of amino acid processing. Increased levels generally mean a decrease in renal function.
    Not that much maybe 100 grams per day. What causes a decrease in renal function?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the fly View Post
    Not that much maybe 100 grams per day. What causes a decrease in renal function?
    Im sorry I miss spoke I meant liver dysfunction. Which can be caused by a plethora of things. How long did you run the Winny tabs for?

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Im sorry I miss spoke I meant liver dysfunction. Which can be caused by a plethora of things. How long did you run the Winny tabs for?
    LIVER DISFUNCTION??? That’s what both my therapist doc are saying and they’re sending me to a gastroenterologist to have me checked out. Both don’t know I used AS's.
    Do you mean irreversible liver dysfunction?? I ran the winny at 50 mgs twice a day for eight weeks during my cycle.
    Last edited by the fly; 12-06-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Sherman01 is offline Associate Member
    First I would not assume anything yet. You are going to stress yourself out worrying when right now you simply do not know. You could have something like an infection that is impeding proper liver function and can be taken care of by a simple run of oral antibiotics. You simply do not know.

So for now I would really just be patient. Try and eat/drink as clean as you can.

Best of luck and please keep us in the loop. I am crossing my fingers for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman01 View Post
    First I would not assume anything yet. You are going to stress yourself out worrying when right now you simply do not know. You could have something like an infection that is impeding proper liver function and can be taken care of by a simple run of oral antibiotics. You simply do not know.

So for now I would really just be patient. Try and eat/drink as clean as you can.

Best of luck and please keep us in the loop. I am crossing my fingers for you.
    Agree with above, there are many many things that can be causing this. You could stress your self a lot about this and it could be simple intestinal problem.

The liver has a incredible ability to regenerate itself, I wouldnt stress over it.

Winny for 8 weeks may be the culprit..... But I am no expert in the AAS arena so i would refer to more experienced members.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sherman01 for your post!!!

I didnt mean to put a scare in you TheFLY, I assumed the doctor talked to you about the possible outcomes and problems. I guess I thought you already had a handle on the situation and was looking at what was possibly causing your problems i.e. winny usage.

Good Luck to you, and for sure keep us posted.

Thread Information