Thread: acne

troythepooh14 is offline Junior Member

acne

Before starting my cycle i have a quick question: I am already having a problem with acne on face and on back. does this mean that test e will for sure make it worse?? if so, is there any thing i can take to control it while on cycle?

sinny is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troythepooh14 View Post
    Before starting my cycle i have a quick question: I am already having a problem with acne on face and on back. does this mean that test e will for sure make it worse?? if so, is there any thing i can take to control it while on cycle?
    is test-e all you are running ?

burners is offline New Member
    For me I had bad acne when I was 17 ish. Did my first cycle @ 25 ish. Im 28 now.

Ive always had acne and still do but can keep it under control most of the time. I could NOT keep that under control. I tried everything. It was horrible huge sweat pimples. I would even break out on the back of my head and it hurt sometimes to sleep at night so yes if you have acne it will likely make it worse.

BUT heres the thing, I say I had bad acne but I can google acne and see people with far worse acne. You may say at one point you had bad acne and someone like me looks at a picture of this "bad acne" and want to then punch you in the face because its like a few red spots on the face and some blackheads on the back.

So it all depends and the only way to find out is to go for it and be ready for whatever happens. Maybe get in touch with a derme and try to get a script for acutane.

nizorol shampoo i think its called may help,i have never had an issue with acne myself

Quote Originally Posted by sinny View Post
    nizorol shampoo i think its called may help,i have never had an issue with acne myself
    I remember I used to have to put a substance the same as Selsun Blue on my skin because of the selinium sulfide in it to help get rid of something I had called Tinea Versicolor and the Selinium Sulfide helped quite a bit @ times.

So when my Tinea was gone I just bought some Selsun Blue with the Sulfide active ingrediant and put it on my skin to help with major break outs but I mean for real ????? I was sitting in my house looking like a smurf for an hour or so butt naked everyday just so I could do roids. Come on man its just not worth it lol. Just try to get the accutane if it gets bad.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The only time I get acne really is during pct when hormone levels are all over the place. Only way to know is for you to try it out yourself and see.

thanks!

Thanks for all the good tips. for my acne now i do have a face and body wash for after i work out from the derme, and also an antibacteria from the derme, and recently been using a neutrogena kit, hopefully this will keep everything down.

welshmaster is offline Junior Member
    My method is probably very bad for your skin but what i did was just put my face is ice cold water for a few mins, made my face totally numb and froze them. Always cleared them up after a while for me - i always keep short hair too, whenever it gets on the longish side the oils in my skin seem to come out much quicker resulting in acne.

thanks alot. ill try that!

Acne isn't well understood. Some suggest that it's caused by an excess of androgens, others suggest that it's caused by oestrogen. I find that test only cycles gives acne when people neglect AI usage. When I'm on Eq, I get the occasional spot.

The usual remedy for bad acne is accutane or isotretinoin, which is a variant on vitamin A. I've never used it but I believe 5mg or 10mg per day is a typical dose. You'll find threads on accutane i would imagine if you do a search or if not you could start a new one.

If your prone to acne then you could start by trying anti-bacterial soaps. Accutane is very effective but I don't know whether it's available over here. Of course, it's probably easily found on the 'Net.

yeah, i guess ill figure something out when i start my cycle

And to eleborate more on Sinny's post it is true that Acne is a big mystery.

Some people have acne that is caused by surface problems and can be cured by surface solutions such as Proactive and other creams, soaps, lotions.

For others the problem is an excess sebum creation that gets out of controls and eventually clogs pores until they are infected.

My problem is more so excess sebum and I should be on accutane but like I said I can manage the acne now with some tricks I learned over the years.

1- Salicylic Acid , My skin does not respond at all to benzol peroxide or however you spell it. I buy my salicylic acid on ebay in a roll on with an EXTREMELY high strength. It doesnt burn my skin but if my ex wife uses it then it will burn and scab her face. This stuff is wicked on the big nasties and its the ONLY thing effective on sweat pimples for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-HOUR-ACNE-STIC...QQcmdZViewItem

2- Moisturize. Pick up a good non-comedogenic lotion and use every morning. Trust me your skin will feel more oily but the truth is when your skin dries out its actually the small flakes that get trapped in the sebum and clog the pores.

3- Keep your hands off your damn face, never rest you face on your hand while sitting down or driving or whatever. Dont pick your face with dirty hands, wash them first them wash and moisturize your face.

Those are the 3 biggest tips I have for you or anyone. Im 28 soon to be 29 and have acne since 15, bad @ 17 so believe me when I say I have experience.

btw if you wants pics of me now vs. when on my cycle I will see if I can dig some up and you can see kinda how bad it was. The really bad was my head, back of my head, neck, arms, back which I dont have pics of.

thanks alot burners, i appreciate you guys taking your time. im heading to the store right now to pick up some face lotion!

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    I too suffer from excess sebum creation during my PCT.
    B-5 or Panthocenic Acid (?spell) at 2000mg per day for 5 days then 1000mg daily until they are gone. It's cheap and it works for me.

I'd love to do Accutaine, but it's a very nasty drug b/c it's hard on your liver!

Good luck!

hmm, can i get that at like cvs or something?

B-5 ? Im pretty sure you can lol

The lotion I like best is Cera've not the Cetaphil

Those are the 2 biggest ones and they will say non-comedogenic right on the bottle.

Dry skin is the enemy man, if you look in the mirror and your skin is dry and scaley looking you are asking for trouble. I used to think the oppisit till I learned.

Oily skin from tanning lotion, heavy workout, nasty weather is just as bad though, make sure you get the right stuff.

yeah, ive always felt like the drier the skin then the less oily your skin is which means less breakouts? but obviously not, im using a neutrogena face lotion, but i dont think that its non-comedogenic.

Oh yeah and you really have to work the shit in, A dab will do and you will need to work at it for a while till the white dissapears. Make sure you face and hands are clean obviously.

Lotion is great cause its not that expensive, the non-comedogenic is a little more pricey but not as bad as a ton of acne cream.

yeah for sure. thanks for the help bro

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    hmm, can i get that at like cvs or something?
    Anywhere online or GNC. If you ask for B-5 they won't know what you are talking about. Panthocenic Acid is what you are looking for...which is B-5.

Google it. It works for me!!

melbgymnst is offline Junior Member
    i had bad acne as a teen too, on cycle i got the odd spot, but it was during pct were it really hit.
    accutane is good but i have read that you need to run it for 5 to 6 months and in most cases it gets worse before it gets better but it is a almost certain cure for acne.
    imo id just run some antibiotics like minocycline or doxycycline to help with the build up of bacteria and use a face wash like cetaphille to help.
    also a topical gel wouldnt hurt to help dry out some of the spots.

thanks for the help man, i got some face lotion today, my skin isnt too oily. the problem is that i let it stay dry for too long (thinking its good) and then skin particles clog pores and so on and so fourth. im running an antibiotic dorax i think its called.

melbgymnst is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the help man, i got some face lotion today, my skin isnt too oily. the problem is that i let it stay dry for too long (thinking its good) and then skin particles clog pores and so on and so fourth. im running an antibiotic dorax i think its called.
    are you eating enough fruit and green veg ?
    because i found that when i upped my fruit and green veg intake it really helped with the acne.
    also if your anything like me and cant stand drinking plain water try mix it lightly with some cordial and stay away from the soft drink that also helps.
    hope it clears up for you anyway!
    good luck.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Go get accutane from the doc make sure they test your liver and do the blood work.

They only prescribe 4 weeks at a time and will after they revue your blood.

Just go get it and be done with acne.

I also find tanning is effective tons of others find this as well.

T.STEEL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Indymuscleguy View Post
    I too suffer from excess sebum creation during my PCT.
    B-5 or Panthocenic Acid (?spell) at 2000mg per day for 5 days then 1000mg daily until they are gone. It's cheap and it works for me.

I'd love to do Accutaine, but it's a very nasty drug b/c it's hard on your liver!

Good luck!
    Do you do this during your pct? or after?

Thread Information