hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member

Posisble infection

I'ver had so many scares in the past and it always turns out to be nothing. I took a shot in my left tricep on Monday and today it is swollen and red. It's actually not even where I injected either. It's down on and around my elbow. It goes about 3 inches or so up from there. I have better movement toaday but I think the redness and swelling is worse. I trying not to freak out because like I said this kind of crap has happened before. This might be a little worse though. Has anyone ever had an infection? Do they just give you an antibiotic? My wife might have some lying around. Okay to take? I'm going to wait 2 more days and if things don't improve I will go to the emergency room I guess.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

Good stuff. Thanks.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    those pics are dirty......

DS21 is offline Member
    The gear I was using for my last cycle always gave me infections on the first shot or two of each vial. It was weird how I only got it on the first one or two, but the infections would go away after a week or sometimes they would get bad and take two weeks, but they would go away. I never used antibiotics I just wouldn't inject in the spot when it was red. I will also never use that guys gear again.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    I'ver had so many scares in the past and it always turns out to be nothing. I took a shot in my left tricep on Monday and today it is swollen and red. It's actually not even where I injected either. It's down on and around my elbow. It goes about 3 inches or so up from there. I have better movement toaday but I think the redness and swelling is worse. I trying not to freak out because like I said this kind of crap has happened before. This might be a little worse though. Has anyone ever had an infection? Do they just give you an antibiotic? My wife might have some lying around. Okay to take? I'm going to wait 2 more days and if things don't improve I will go to the emergency room I guess.
    There seems like you have some tracking, like you say i'd give another 48hrs and if things don't improve do what's neccessary. There are many different families of antibiotics and your wifes might not do anything so i wouldn't bother.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Like Lats said, give it a couple of more days. Like you, I've had my share of scares, but only one infection. I stayed with it for 2-weeks before I went in to see the DR (not recommending this, it was not getting worse, just not better). I did not have a fever so that is not always an indication of problems.

And like was said, don't use just any antibiotic. If you do have an infection, they will put you on the one you need.

Ice it to help with swelling and pain. Don't heat it and bring more blood.

fanatic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    Common advice but the best: wait a couple of days. If it doesn't get better, see a physician.

Thanks guys. I came home tonight from work and noticed it had gotten worse. I showed my wife and we went to the ER. Right now I can't even see my left elbow due to swelling. They gave me a few doses of the proper antibiotic and a script to get filled tomorrow. Everything should be okay. I had one of my best back workouts tonight with a swollen arm. Multiple personal records on deadlift. Juice is powerful stuff.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    lol...

that was probably the best idea... What did you tell them what it was from?

Id use the ol' b-12 shot gone wrong... lol

I told them the truth and they were totally cool about it. I didn't get a lecture on how roids will kill you or anything. I even asked about sterile injection procedures. At one point he did say, "these are powerful hormones and you need to be careful." I took it as he really cared about my well being. The visit couldn't have went better. I look forward to the swelling and redness to go down soon.

Wow... Cool doctor... Must be nice!

Anyway, glad it worked out for you bro. Its always better safe than sorry.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    use a new loader needle every time

new syringe and needle for injecting every time

if you're using a bottle with rubber stopper, wipe the top with rubbing alcohol and give it a little to let the alcohol do the work - never just pierce the top of the stopper without cleaning it first - you can contaminate your gear.

wash your hands before you handle needles or your vials

if it happens - your gear could need to be filtered, or you may have contaminated it again.

i know some guys at the gym keep reusing the same needle head for loading.....gross..they think cuz they dont use it for injection that it's safe.... 100 18g loaders cost $6.... no point in reusing

^^ All great advice....

Thats the protocal i use! EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Make sure you perform the z-tract method when injecting. Just do a web search for the procedure. This will prevent the the oil from seeping through the puncture tract when the muscle is under pressure. This can cause the oil to be trapped between the skin and facial interface. This will lead to inflammation much like you describe.

Thread Information