Gears is offline Member

Shutting down while on test

I wanted to know if anyone knows how much test it actually takes to shut down your HPTA. I was curious because I was looking at some BBers that taper all the way down to 50-80mg/wk test before they come off.

I also ask because i`m curious if it would slow recovery or stop it completely if you were to use a very small amount during PCT (e.g. 40-70mg/wk). It would be nice to be able to recover and not feel like complete dog crap in the meantime.

Any input would be great.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    All the bodybuilders that i know take there 500 mg per week or 1 gram per week of test for there cycle and then come off and do pct. Some of them stay on all the time and cruze at 100 mg per week in between cycles. I couldnt imagine why a bber would want there test levels to fluctuate that much as it would cause more sides. In my opinion after using test for 3 weeks or so it will cause some sort of shut down. Even if you are only injecting say 50 to 100 mg of test it would be 50 to 100 mg that your body would adjust to and wouldn't be making any more. So say your body produces 200 mg per week of test and you start injecting 100 mg per week. After about 2 to 4 weeks your body would probably adjust to that and only produce 100 mg per week. I don't see how doing 50 to 100 mg per week could benefit you unless you were doing it in between cycles. PCT is your time to recover. good luck just my .02

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    no, you shouldn't take test during pct.

Gears is offline Member
    I see, thanks for clearing it up.

Thread Information