jemic is offline New Member

Weight gain, how? please help

Hi there everyone, let me say right now i know NOTHING about steroids or weight gain and i'm hoping someone here can help me.
    My other half has been trying to gain weight since we met (12 years ago!) with very little success he is 5,9" and weighs only 8 and a half stone (sorry not sure what that is in kg) he has been to the doc a million time to no avail apparently he is perfectly healthy! he just has a very fast metabolism, he has tried lots and lots and lots of weight gain stuff and does work out (he is a fitness freak lol) he eats like a horse too, none of this seems to help tho, one of his friends suggested steroids but i'm no keen on that idea as we have two young children and i'm really not up for bad mood swings i doubt the kids would be either. if anyone can suggest something i would be very greatful as being so thin really bothers him.

thanks

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    work him out a diet from here and tell him when he goes to the gym only do a little bit of cardio,more weights.
    perfect diets

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    You cannot assume the family will have to deal wih violent mood swings from him. Most of the time its the oppisite of what the government then society, has tought you to believe. More than likely you would enjoy his physical happiness.

Try a real diet first however.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    If he is already eating like a horse then he needs to eat like a bigger horse.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Get to the diet section as he is probably not eating enough of the RIGHT foods

xo3et is offline Productive Member
    I was always slim and i was fitness nut too. Cut cardio right down and spend the time on weights with a BIG healthy diet.

muhammad1185 is offline Associate Member
    i think he needs to go see a dietitian, ive read that if you eat more but cut the number of times you eat and eat every 6 hours it slows metabolism down, as you body prepares for starvation. so when you eat it it just stores it, dont know how true that is.

jemic is offline New Member
    Hi everyone and THANK YOU for all your reply's

i really appreciate all your help, we have tried or are doing most of what you all suggested, he has seen a dietitian and is doing what he told him to do (for over a year) and he is doing all the right exercise, as i said he really has tried or is still trying everything except for steriods , its good to know that the mood swings might not happen tho so thanks for that
    really dont know what else to try except for steroids !! the dietition the doc and a personal trainner (who is also a sports therapist) are all at a loss as to what to try anymore

THANKS again everyone

Thread Information