Thread: Where to start?

Duke07 is offline New Member

Where to start?

I have been in the gym busting my ass and have hit a wall the past three months. I cant get past 15% body fat (started at 24% fatskinny fat belly skinny arms). I am at a point where I like the way I look just stuck. I have cleaned my diet up and changed workouts as well. My question is is there something I could use to cut fat and build strength. Do not want to do injectables, and considering Winnie from a friend. Where do I start?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    to burn fat you'll need a better diet and more cardio. to build muscle you'll need a high protein diet and a proper workout with heavy weights
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    to burn fat you'll need a better diet and more cardio. to build muscle you'll need a high protein diet and a proper workout with heavy weights
    agreed^^^

post your diet in detail, and i mean EVERYTHING, and we'll critique it, are you already doing low intensity cardio 5-6x a week in the morning on an empty stomach, if not start

anon03191970 is offline Associate Member
    Going from 24% bf to 15% bf in three months is a tremendous accomplishment.

You should be very proud.

Most of the oral steroids will impact your cardiovascular system in a negative way and shouldn't be used on their own.

I consider boxing/kickboxing the best cardio workout you can do. It's never boring
    and your actually learning a very useful skill in the process. It's definitely a rut buster.

I like to box/kickbox three consecutive days then take two days off. It has worked wonders for me.
    Last edited by anon03191970; 12-15-2008 at 12:58 PM.

I have had my diet critiqued and yes it could be better, however I would say it is 90% strict diet. Yes I do cardio in the AM on empty stomach. I thought I could get a straight answer but I guess I will try another forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by anon03191970 View Post
    Going from 24% bf to 15% bf in three months is a tremendous accomplishment.

You should be very proud.

Most of the oral steroids will impact your cardiovascular system in a negative way and shouldn't be used on their own.

I consider boxing/kickboxing the best cardio workout you can do. It's never boring
    and your actually learning a very useful skill in the process. It's definitely a rut buster.

I like to box/kickbox three consecutive days then take two days off. It has worked wonders for me.
    Been working out two years just the last 3 months I have hit a wall. I feel like I am wasting time because not seeing the results I saw at first.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    dude its called a plateau ...your body want you to stay where it was..... its fughting back....it prob took a long time to get fat ..i will take time to get lean...be dillagent and patient ...suck it up and keep working...bottom line if u burn more calories than you take in youll lose fat ..period...dont pout for christs sake...

O. Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke07 View Post
    I have had my diet critiqued and yes it could be better, however I would say it is 90% strict diet. Yes I do cardio in the AM on empty stomach. I thought I could get a straight answer but I guess I will try another forum. Thanks.
    bro, chill, what did you expect, us to tell you of a magical exercise or food that will cause you to lose weight?

bottom line as jimmyinked said, your body as hit a plateau, if you want to get past it then you have to either change your diet, up your cardio, or increase your intensity of training, or all three if you want to really break past it

first thing i would do is change your diet around, then up your cardio, and then increase workout intensity

btw, we are giving you straight answers, maybe not the ones you want, but they are answers nonetheless

your right I am sorry for asking dumb questions I just didn't want to hear I need to work harder I guess. I just enjoy working out and want to get bigger as fast as I can even if I have to cheat to get there.

your right I am sorry for asking dumb questions I just didn't want to hear I need to work harder I guess. I just enjoy working out and want to get bigger as fast as I can even if I have to cheat to get there.
    it's cool bro, you didn't ask a dumb question at all, plateaus are frustrating, we've all been there, and the really frustrating part is that you can't cheat to get over them, you have to break through them

we're here to help with any other questions you have, so feel free to ask

What you have to do is put down the body building magazines. We have a problem
    that is analogous to women when they look at vogue or some other fashion magazine.

We see our idealized body in those pages and want it now.

With time and perseverance you can attain a measure of that.
    Last edited by anon03191970; 12-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    not a dumb question bro...but it isnt about shortcuts..its about discipline , hard work , determination. Sure some things will help you along but the foundation needs to be one of discipline hard work and determination....its pretty much like success in any area of life...this is no diff. If u stick with it you will get results and can take much pride in your acheivements...and dont minimize your accomplishments to date...as mentioned above nice work. Push through it ..its easy to be consistent in the good times...but the real test is working through the times when it feels like nothing is happening ...thats a huge factor in what separates peoples level of success in any area of life...including this. *L* ok now enough of the "win one for the gipper speech" i feel nauseous *L* but seriously its true......

Quote Originally Posted by anon03191970 View Post
    What you have to do is put down the Body Building magazines. We have a problem
    that is analogous to woman when they look at vogue or some other fashion magazine.

We see our idealized body in those pages and want it now.

With time and perseverance you can attain a measure of that.
    You are right there, but the magazines keep me motivated. I have just got into bodybuilding ( if I can put myself in that category I just say working out) and have gone from to skinnyfat to getting noticed in the gym it gets kind of addicting and you only want to get bigger as fast as you can. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, any advise on Affordable Supp.s Trenadrol, M-Drol, Novadex, and H-Drol?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    it's cool bro, you didn't ask a dumb question at all, plateaus are frustrating, we've all been there, and the really frustrating part is that you can't cheat to get over them, you have to break through them

we're here to help with any other questions you have, so feel free to ask
    LOL,, i thought thast what steroids were for.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    LOL,, i thought thast what steroids were for.
    i hope you're kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i hope you're kidding
    Why do you do aas phate?

Why do you do aas phate?
    i don't, i'm too young and i believe i can still gain a bit naturally, though not much more i don't think

How old are you?

5'7
    14-15% i would guess, i have a good six pack, but not as defined as i was when i was cutting

thats pretty big,, i dont think id do them either if i was your size no matter my age.

thats pretty big,, i dont think id do them either if i was your size no matter my age.
    i think i have a natural advantage, i should be around 5'10 or so, but i was in a care accident when i was two which fractured my spine in several places and it fused shorter as i got older since we didn't know about it, so i gain like i'm 5'10 even though i'm several inches shorter

anyway, we're highjacking the thread but to close, i will cycle in the near future, but right now i'm running a heavy bulker till about march or april, then i'm gonna cut hard for two months and see how much i've gained, if i don't gain at least 5-10lbs lean then i'll consider cycling since my plates are already closed, we'll just see

Thread Information