XNathan is offline Associate Member

Anyone with Gilberts disease?

Iam diagnosed with Gilbert syndrome, I run many blood tests and based on my result (liver values good just high billirubine) I was put today on DNA test for Gilberts syndrome. I have yellow eyes and Iam tired time to time. Low calorie diet make it worse same as hard intensive and long training (many elite athletes have this condition same as 5-8% of white people).

There is no treatment. Its interupted II phase of detoxification (conjugation) and acitivity of UDP transferase is just 30%... there is explanation why I need low dose of AS for good results.. thats good IMO. And elevated billirubine is good for blood vesels as strong antioxidant (People with Gilberts syndrome are almost without heart attacks and colon cancer thats also good lol.)

Have anyone experience?
    Last edited by XNathan; 09-08-2008 at 02:43 PM.

SkyDiver73 is offline New Member

It is not a disease...

It is a syndrome not a disease, a friend of mine has it too from his father but no big deal I would say, just sometimes yellow eyes.
    Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert%27s_syndrome

Of course I am unaware of the possible implications with the use of cycling drugs.
    Be careful.

breakbones is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that

I cycled for past 5yr I was some times scared from my yellow eyes, but my liver values are fine accept bilirubine fluctuate from 20-55 (normal is under 21 micromol/l).

I was told to give up on sylimarine and other liver protectants becouse my liver are fine. And I told about my AS use with advice to stop them becouse as she said : Corticoids can mess with you really bad... if they are not indicated well... well guys she is completly out.

Its syndrome in my laguage but I translated it as disease sorry.

SkyDiver73 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by XNathan View Post
    Iam diagnosed with Gilbert syndrome, I run many blood tests and based on my result (liver values good just high billirubine) I was put today on DNA test for Gilberts syndrome. I have yellow eyes and Iam tired time to time. Low calorie diet make it worse same as hard intensive and long training (many elite athletes have this condition same as 5-8% of white people).

There is no treatment. Its interupted II phase of detoxification (conjugation) and acitivity of UDP transferase is just 30%... there is explanation why I need low dose of AS for good results.. thats good IMO. And elevated billirubine is good for blood vesels as strong antioxidant (People with Gilberts syndrome are almost without heart attacks and colon cancer thats also good lol.)

Have anyone experience?
    You meant "need low dose on AAS", didn't you?
    In this case, how lower since this friend of mine I have written you about is already doing cycles but no doctor told him to reduce the amount of androgenic anabolic steroids .
    He is taking normal mg/ml on Nandrolone Decanoate and no big deal so far.
    What do you get?

akat0ra is offline Junior Member
    Xnathan:

I am curious. I have Gilbert Syndrome too and have done a couple of cycles. It is rare my eyes turn yellow, but it happens. Do you use oral steroids or inject only because of the syndrome?

I have used dbol , winstrole, arimidex (using that right now with some test e) and nolva - but I have never noticed any problems.

Another thing; I didn't quite get what you ment with this sentence: "there is explanation why I need low dose of AS for good results.. thats good IMO". Does that mean that people with Gilbert syndrome get better results with steroids ?

I used many cycles with orals and many substances in my life. Never had problems but during low card diets I was tired as hell and had yelllow skin. Iam young M.D. and ask my friend older M.D. for blood tests and after genetic test it was clear that Iam mutant

Steroids need to be metabolised and second phase of detoxification is in Gilberts people just 30%. Iam sensitive to AAS, maybe this is reason why. Lower dose longer last and you achive higher plasma level than normal people.

One study showed that Gilberts are less prone to atherosclerosis and colorectal carcinoma, I think this more than good!

Thread Information