Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Would Syntherol make or break my arms?

I had a thread a few months ago explaining how I cannot get a tricep no matter what. I received a lot of good advice, thought I was starting to develop a tricep, but it was just in my head. I have honestly tried every thing possible for my triceps and I just cannot get any mass. My uncle was a BB years ago and he had the same problem, massive biceps, zero triceps. I think genetics is to blame here. Even though you can try to make the best of genetics, I am getting nowhere with tri's. I am considering taking Syntherol just for my triceps only. Below are some pictures of my arms, as you can see, it looks like I have never done a single tri exersize in my life. I'd apperciate some feedback on whether or not Syntherol would benefit me here or ruin my arms. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Would Syntherol make or break my arms?-ava-cowan.jpg  
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 12-15-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    in my opinion, no you definitely do not need synthol.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You are right, not much going on back there. Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder (and even then I think its wrong) you should stay away from Synthrol, it's not a permanent fix anyways. You plan on blowing them up before going out on the weekends?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    id read marcus' post in the other synthol thread. kinda says it all....Synthol Suggestion

ilovesus is offline Member
    What size shirt you got on in that first pic!? lol jp u dnt need that shit man. Keep training hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I had a thread a few months ago explaining how I cannot get a tricep no matter what. I received a lot of good advice, thought I was starting to develop a tricep, but it was just in my head. I have honestly tried every thing possible for my triceps and I just cannot get any mass. My uncle was a BB years ago and he had the same problem, massive biceps, zero triceps. I think genetics is to blame here. Even though you can try to make the best of genetics, I am getting nowhere with tri's. I am considering taking Syntherol just for my triceps only. Below are some pictures of my arms, as you can see, it looks like I have never done a single tri exersize in my life. I'd apperciate some feedback on whether or not Syntherol would benefit me here or ruin my arms. Thanks.

Solid advice here. I'm most likely just going to avoid that shit and hope that some day those tri's will pop out. Most people have some body part that really lags, gotta live with it. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesus View Post
    What size shirt you got on in that first pic!? lol jp u dnt need that shit man. Keep training hard.
    I knew someone was going to break balls.. It fit a lot better pre-cycle, it has now been retired, lol.

ilovesus is offline Member
    HAHA! Iam just bustin your balls bro. That will happen when you start growin!
    I knew someone was going to break balls.. It fit a lot better pre-cycle, it has now been retired, lol.

Big
    weighted dips bro, the squat of the arm world. go heavy and they will grow.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Agree, those and heavy ass skull crushers is all you neeed.

Blog Entries
    dips with grips rotated in close to body (if they rotate) and close grip bench.....

Darksyde is offline Member
    wow a few months and still no tricep? sorry to break it to you but it takes years to build good muscles for most of us.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    wow a few months and still no tricep? sorry to break it to you but it takes years to build good muscles for most of us.
    I have been training for 3 years brotha. A few months of going extremely heavy with every set (6-6-6-)

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I have been training for 3 years brotha. A few months of going extremely heavy with every set (6-6-6-)
    Are those pics you posted recent? Cause no offence intended bro, but you don't look like you've been training for that long.

How is your diet?

Blog Entries
    ^^^ how do u know where he started? I mean u said no offense but no matter how u cut it thats kind of offensive to someone that may have worked his ass off...learnnig along the way , to get where he is? You could have accomplished same thing by just leaving the "no offense comment" out IMO

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Synthol=BS
    Massive Triceps=Proper Diet, Weighted Dips,Bench Dips,Close Grip Bench,Kick Backs+Rest

IMO, your not doing something right judging by your pics you need to lean out a littlbe with some diet and cardio then you will be able to see your tricep better, i cannot think you for some reason cannot build a massive tricep with proper training and diet, it will take time but you develop exactly what your looking for.
    Good Luck!

-AJ

-AJ

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ how do u know where he started? I mean u said no offense but no matter how u cut it thats kind of offensive to someone that may have worked his ass off...learnnig along the way , to get where he is? You could have accomplished same thing by just leaving the "no offense comment" out IMO
    agree Jim,, some people can work out along time and not grow large bi's and tri's. We say diet and training are key but genetics is God when it comes to our bodies. Ive been workin out along time and i cant get my arms where i want them without the good stuff

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    First, I dont think you look bat at all, you just dont look that big. By my guess I wouldnt even put you at 195 lbs.

Arnold said it best, "For every inch you want to add to your arms, you need to amass 10 lbs of body weight."

Spot training just doesnt work. It hasn't for me, and thats what I've been told.

I myself have very slender arms, and its just a fact of life I've come to accept. Genetics are God though, as someone else mentioned. You may be able to do all the dips, skull crushers, and whatever else in the world, and you're still going to be stuck with your original genetics.

Juice only makes the cells swell up, which is what natural training does as well. It doesnt give you more.

There are guys who have never lifted a day in their life who have bigger arms than I do. Now mine are 5x more powerful, but mass doesnt always mean more strength. We don't all have body builders bodies, and thats just the way life is.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Dude your bone structure is massive and you forearms and biceps appear to have benefited much more than your tris, as you stated. I agree with the advice of weighted dips and close grip bench. if you are not responding to higher weight and lower reps slide the other direction a little. You might try to break up your routine to where you can devote one 30 minute work out to tris alone, no other group that session. It is apparent that you have trained hard and are dedicated so I am not sure wat up with the BS from some of the others. It does seem like a lot of them just want to be the bad cop but there is a solution bro. You just have to dial in on it and remember that the mental aspect of training is a key factor in success. In other words don;t work tris thinking 'this shit will never work', work tris and invision huge tris as a result of your effort and planning and it will help your attitude which in turn helps your growth. I always see myself bigger than I am and I believe it has a role in my progress. Keep in minc that with the right comination your tris will have to grow whether they like it or not, you are the master here, so make it happen g. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    Are those pics you posted recent? Cause no offence intended bro, but you don't look like you've been training for that long.

How is your diet?
    My diet is very good. Something I have valued a lot in the past two years. For the record, I started out at 170lbs being 6'3". Got to a little over 200 with proper diet and training. Ran two cycles and I weighed in at 238lbs today. It is very difficult to put on mass at 6 foot 3 inches. I have to gain like 15lbs for it to be noticeable, where as the average shorter person can put on 5-8lbs for the same outcome. First pic was taken the other day, the other two were a few months ago, I think I was around 215-220lbs for those.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 12-19-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    Dude your bone structure is massive and you forearms and biceps appear to have benefited much more than your tris, as you stated. I agree with the advice of weighted dips and close grip bench. if you are not responding to higher weight and lower reps slide the other direction a little. You might try to break up your routine to where you can devote one 30 minute work out to tris alone, no other group that session. It is apparent that you have trained hard and are dedicated so I am not sure wat up with the BS from some of the others. It does seem like a lot of them just want to be the bad cop but there is a solution bro. You just have to dial in on it and remember that the mental aspect of training is a key factor in success. In other words don;t work tris thinking 'this shit will never work', work tris and invision huge tris as a result of your effort and planning and it will help your attitude which in turn helps your growth. I always see myself bigger than I am and I believe it has a role in my progress. Keep in minc that with the right comination your tris will have to grow whether they like it or not, you are the master here, so make it happen g. Good luck
    Thanks bro..you're definitely correct about the mental aspect. My triceps are really strong, which is what really pisses me off. I've honestly tried just about everything to get those damn things to gain mass, no luck. I kind of had this "They're not going to grow ever" attitude lately, which is something I gotta lose.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    My diet is very good. Something I have valued a lot in the past two years. For the record, I started out at 170lbs being 6'3". Got to a little over 200 with proper diet and training. Ran two cycles and I weighed in at 238lbs today. It is very difficult to put on mass at 6 foot 3 inches. I have to gain like 15lbs for it to be noticeable, where as the average shorter person can put on 5-8lbs for the same outcome. First pic was taken the other day, the other two were a few months ago, I think I was around 215-220lbs for those.
    you and i are in the same boat. im 6'3 also and i started at 160. im bout 220 now. if i could afford food id be bigger. but whatever. lol its a pain to "look" bigger with frames like ours (which are identical)

but your problem and mine are switched. my bi's are laggin and as for my tri's, im pretty darn proud of them. i think when i was locked up and did nothing but push ups... is what made my tri's swell up.
    to this day im like you, tryin everything to bring my bi's up. but its just not in my genetics. ill keep hittin em. wont let it get me down. just keep on truckin through... somethings gotta give.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    - GAL -->

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    you and i are in the same boat. im 6'3 also and i started at 160. im bout 220 now. if i could afford food id be bigger. but whatever. lol its a pain to "look" bigger with frames like ours (which are identical)

but your problem and mine are switched. my bi's are laggin and as for my tri's, im pretty darn proud of them. i think when i was locked up and did nothing but push ups... is what made my tri's swell up.
    to this day im like you, tryin everything to bring my bi's up. but its just not in my genetics. ill keep hittin em. wont let it get me down. just keep on truckin through... somethings gotta give.
    That's cool we can relate. Being super tall has a lot of disadvantages. Genetics play the biggest role in any BB, imo. You keep nailing those bi's, ill blast the tri's, and maybe some day we'll see something!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    That's cool we can relate. Being super tall has a lot of disadvantages. Genetics play the biggest role in any BB, imo. You keep nailing those bi's, ill blast the tri's, and maybe some day we'll see something!
    hopefully

if not we can just surgically put our arms together and be beastly!

Big
    I too am 6'3" and naturally thin. I was around 155lbs in high school, I could hide behind a telephone pole. I didn't start growing until I opened my mind to the ideas of proper diet and training. Almost everyone thinks they eat enough. In the early days when I thought I ate enough, my daily diet was less than a 4th what it is now. Eat enough of the right things at the right times and you will grow. It won't happen overnight, but the progress will be steady and keepable. Milos Sarcev has an excellent video on nutrition, you may want to check it out.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    Negatives blew my tris up

Darksyde is offline Member
    3 years is a good start, but again thats just a start. keep up with the new workout programs for a year then evaluate. it takes a lot of time for the new variables of diet and excercise you are adding to start showing up in your body.

i tell my clients this all the time but no one seems to really get it. this weight lifting thing we do, its a marathon, not a sprint. if you are serious about it you will be doing it for decades to come. no need to rush into drugs or get down on yourself because you arent seeing the results you want after a few months of trying something new.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ some great advice ...i agree ...it takes years to find out exactly how your body responds diet and workout wise (and even juice wise). The benefit of patience is once you find what does work for you ...it will usually work for you for years to come...time well spent and invested (the discovery time) IMO

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Wow, I didnt realize you were that tall, or that you weighed that much. Pictures can be really deceiving.

The thing that really flares my triceps out are tricep extenstions. A correct grip and proper form on a 110, 115, and 120 lb weight, at 10 reps per weight, gets them swole.

Also the cord or cable exercises. Im not sure what its called but an over the back straight pull down extension with whatever kind of bar or rope gives you the most comforterable grip, those really hit a different part of my tris that makes them feel like they're exploding.

Also, if I want my arms to help grow, I make sure to avoid 0.000 cardio the day that I do any heavy arm exercises. You want to start feeding those puppies with fuel as soon as you hit them, and cardio afterwards can sometimes start burning muscle for fuel if you're too exhausted.

And I think thats the whole problem with my body anyways. Whenver it looks for muscle to eat from for energy, it targets the arms before any other part of my body.

Such are the wonderful perplexities of life.

DS21 is offline Member
    You can try all sort of different exersices and I would, but it all comes down to genetics. I've been training for well over 8 years, I'm 5'10" 240LBS and have the smallest traps. It's like a 12 year old boys, well maybe not that bad, but it does look funny. My point is keep training them and **** what people think.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=******;4344095]Thanks bro..you're definitely correct about the mental aspect. My triceps are really strong, which is what really pisses me off. I've honestly tried just about everything to get those damn things to gain mass, no luck. I kind of had this "They're not going to grow ever" attitude lately, which is something I gotta lose.[/QUOTE]

werd to da herd playa. control your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by nhl1 View Post
    Wow, I didnt realize you were that tall, or that you weighed that much. Pictures can be really deceiving.

The thing that really flares my triceps out are tricep extenstions. A correct grip and proper form on a 110, 115, and 120 lb weight, at 10 reps per weight, gets them swole.

Also the cord or cable exercises. Im not sure what its called but an over the back straight pull down extension with whatever kind of bar or rope gives you the most comforterable grip, those really hit a different part of my tris that makes them feel like they're exploding.

Also, if I want my arms to help grow, I make sure to avoid 0.000 cardio the day that I do any heavy arm exercises. You want to start feeding those puppies with fuel as soon as you hit them, and cardio afterwards can sometimes start burning muscle for fuel if you're too exhausted.

And I think thats the whole problem with my body anyways. Whenver it looks for muscle to eat from for energy, it targets the arms before any other part of my body.

Such are the wonderful perplexities of life.
    Thanks for the feedback. The weird thing is my biceps grow crazy. I still work them just as hard as everything else but I really think they would still continue to grow just through a good back workout. Triceps is a whole different story. I've actually had people come up to me and say "man your arms would be huge if you worked your triceps." I guess Those fvckers really think I just skip triceps lol

Quote Originally Posted by DS21 View Post
    You can try all sort of different exersices and I would, but it all comes down to genetics. I've been training for well over 8 years, I'm 5'10" 240LBS and have the smallest traps. It's like a 12 year old boys, well maybe not that bad, but it does look funny. My point is keep training them and **** what people think.
    It sucks man. I think its safe to say that just about everyone has one body part that is very stubborn due to genetics. Just gotta keep hitting it hard

ray0414 is offline Member
    try doing your skull crushes inlined with good form. also, 6 reps isnt good for bodybuilding, u should be doing at least 10,and since u cant get them to grow u need to try something extrordinary, maybe shoot for 15 tuff reps.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I wouldnt listen to anyone recommending a specific routine. you just gotta change things up until you find something that works well for you. You should also eat an assload.

Thread Information