youngmuscle123 is offline Junior Member

Post cycle: Cut or bulk???

Just finished a cycle and am about to start PCT but was wondering if starting a cutting diet would destroy my gains? Should I just stick with the higher calories of a few months?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by youngmuscle123 View Post
    Just finished a cycle and am about to start PCT but was wondering if starting a cutting diet would destroy my gains?yes it would Should I just stick with the higher calories of a few months?yes you should
    In my opinion.....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by youngmuscle123 View Post
    Just finished a cycle and am about to start PCT but was wondering if starting a cutting diet would destroy my gains? Should I just stick with the higher calories of a few months?
    Keep calories high in PCT IMHO, tricky time for dieting....

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    i keep seeing alot of people who want to cut after cycle, not a good idea. all cutting should be done before any cycle IMO. eat extra after, and keep on trainging hard

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    worst time to try and cut. keep calories high and up the rest.

GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member
    I recently finished my 1st cycle (earlier than intended), and lowered my calories from 3200kcals to 2600kcals, my estimated maintenance requirement (mainteneance, not cutting). Is this the sort of thing most of you other guys do following a cycle or do you quite literally just keep eating the same amount as you were when gaining on cycle???

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    I recently finished my 1st cycle (earlier than intended), and lowered my calories from 3200kcals to 2600kcals, my estimated maintenance requirement (mainteneance, not cutting). Is this the sort of thing most of you other guys do following a cycle or do you quite literally just keep eating the same amount as you were when gaining on cycle???
    I think there is alot of confusion with this.

I DO NOT believe one should be eating the same amount of calories during PCT as when the person was on-cycle. I made the mistake of doing this for 3 months following my first cycle once, and I put on ALOT of fat. I did it because every fvcking momo told me to do it or else I would "lose my gains". It's a bunch of bullshit that seems to be parroted alot for no reason.

When on AAS, the body can utilize 5,000 - 6,000 cals a day to build muscle. When off AAS, the body can NOT use that much, and it will be stored as fat.

So, when on PCT, calories should be reduced back to what the body CAN USE, but not so low that you will lose muscle. The idea is to train hard, reduce the volume of the workload, and eat clean but a fair amount (but not as much as you were while on cycle unless you want to start looking like the michelin man).

If you're going to cut, do it when PCT is finished. PCT is that critical few weeks where you are going to try and hold on to your gains. Afterwards you can cut.

GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    I think there is alot of confusion with this.

I DO NOT believe one should be eating the same amount of calories during PCT as when the person was on-cycle. I made the mistake of doing this for 3 months following my first cycle once, and I put on ALOT of fat. I did it because every fvcking momo told me to do it or else I would "lose my gains". It's a bunch of bullshit that seems to be parroted alot for no reason.

When on AAS, the body can utilize 5,000 - 6,000 cals a day to build muscle. When off AAS, the body can NOT use that much, and it will be stored as fat.

So, when on PCT, calories should be reduced back to what the body CAN USE, but not so low that you will lose muscle. The idea is to train hard, reduce the volume of the workload, and eat clean but a fair amount (but not as much as you were while on cycle unless you want to start looking like the michelin man).

If you're going to cut, do it when PCT is finished. PCT is that critical few weeks where you are going to try and hold on to your gains. Afterwards you can cut.
    Yeah, that's what I figured Atomini, hence why I reduced, but not so much as to be cutting. Obviously, with being at a higher weight post-cycle, I could only make an educated guess as to my maintenance requirement, but I think a ball-park intake will suffice, and I can adjust from there. Nice one, and sorry you got the bad advice for your 1st cycle dude. Merry Xmas!

Thread Information