wrestless is offline Junior Member

Question Change tip necessary ?

Sorry guys about to do my first injection from an ampule is it necessary to change the tip after extraction from amp and would it help if i alcohol swab the tip after extraction?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    don't touch the needle with anything or you'll contaminate it, and no, you don't need to switch needles as long as you haven't touched it to anything, the only time you do is A) if you use a multiuse vial and want to inject with a sharper needle(needle dulls slightly after going into the rubber stopper) B) if you touch it to something or see blood when you aspirate and have to pull the needle out

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Most likely you have hit the bottom of the ampule with the needle, so yes change it, always stay sharp.

user12345654321 is offline Junior Member
    i always change the needle when drawing from an amp, if you manage not to touch the top of the amp(with the glass dust on it) or hit the bottom. i surpose you don't, but i always do anyway

i also draw with a 18g and shoot with a 23g

wrestless is offline Junior Member
    I didnt change the needle posted and waited I guess I got to excited .Only time will tell already done. Actually when I stuck it I anticipated some pain didnt feel a thing just slowly pushed on plunger

Thread Information