amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!

whoosh i did it!!! new and please set me straight

age 37
    hight 6'3
    weight 225lbs
    bf - 12 % - estimated - at 210lbs i was 6% cycling competitively, trianing on bike 14 - 18 hours a week. ranked in nation in tt and crit racing. trianing weights hard three off months and one or two x a week upper body works outs. that was two years ago, over the last two years (after being hit by car) i have only rode 2 - 4 hours a week, and training in gym 4 to 5 day a week, hard, very hard.

diet is months one and two of "deadlinediet" or 1.5 grams of protine and .75 of carbos a day - i eat consistantly 275 - 325 grams of protine a day, over 5 meals. carbs might jump a little higher when i drive past friendlys with my wife...

injuries to note - lower back from being smacked by car, and pec minor tear - only really bothers me when i do chest heavy, incline bench, dumbells and flies.

goal - put on 20 - 25 lbs of upper body muscle, matain a reasonable body fat level (6 - 8 %?)

drummerofgod87 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    age 37
    hight 6'3
    weight 225lbs
    bf - 12 % - estimated - at 210lbs i was 6% cycling competitively, trianing on bike 14 - 18 hours a week. ranked in nation in tt and crit racing. trianing weights hard three off months and one or two x a week upper body works outs. that was two years ago, over the last two years (after being hit by car) i have only rode 2 - 4 hours a week, and training in gym 4 to 5 day a week, hard, very hard.

diet is months one and two of "deadlinediet" or 1.5 grams of protine and .75 of carbos a day - i eat consistantly 275 - 325 grams of protine a day, over 5 meals. carbs might jump a little higher when i drive past friendlys with my wife...

injuries to note - lower back from being smacked by car, and pec minor tear - only really bothers me when i do chest heavy, incline bench, dumbells and flies.

goal - put on 20 - 25 lbs of upper body muscle, matain a reasonable body fat level (6 - 8 %?)
    Upper body only for gains? Why don't you want gains all over?

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    sorry, yes i do, just legs are close to what i want already, from cycling i rode off a large portion on what i used to have... from the hours and hours of training on the bike... and dieting to get as light as possible, those days are done... now i want what i had - pecs and back and bies

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    for a first cycle we typically recommend a long estered test like test e or c, 12 weeks at 500mg/week (split into 2 doses per week). you need to also learn about pct, with the aforementioned cycle you would start pct 2 weeks after last injection.
    you may want to consider getting bloodwork from your doc, chances are your natural test could be low, in which case they may prescribe trt/hrt.
    some of these abbreviations may not mean much to you, take some time to read the educational threads at the top of each section and you will learn things you don't even know you need to know yet

i have put some good gains in my back and shoulders, my chest has always been a weekness(happy with the strenght but not with size, the pec minor tear in not helping, on chest days i go up to 275 for 8 and could do 11 or 12 but the worry is hurting it more... if i stay below that weight and do more sets i have been doing a good job of getting the muscles soar or tight over the next couple of days)

over all test has been 301, 375, 405, 315... the last test for over all test in system was 301... the putitary gland # was 1.3 and should have been higher than 1.5 - doc put me on androgel one a day of 5 grams(pain in rear to use the gel stuff, would prefer the poke) and the ratio of bound and free was like 4:1 ish... thiroid was fine

big how did you get to low test from what i said? age? and the test e or c would you stack that with any thing ? what gains would one expect from that?

thanks - respect is growing

drummer your thoughts?

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    big how did you get to low test from what i said? age? and the test e or c would you stack that with any thing ? what gains would one expect from that?

thanks - respect is growing
    I didn't suspect that you had low test, but I recommend everyone in our age group to have their test levels checked before they cycle, you're ahead of the game by already having it checked.
    I always recommend one compound for a first cycle, that way if you have unwanted sides you will know what caused them.

what about gains from that test e or c... over 12 weeks of very hard training, with good rest and diet?

Big
    genetics will play a big role, it's difficult to estimate, but for your goal of 20-25lbs lean gains you may need a couple cycles.

thats a fair answer... is there any place that gives averages based on age... endo doc said none are followed by his profession and generally they treat based on symtoms, like at 37 i should be above 500, what are numbers found in bodybuilders during cycles?

Big
    during a cycle test levels could easily show in the thousands.

thanks

can you recomend a good thread on hb

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    This all sounds questionable... just OP's Statements.

op's = ?

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    OP= original poster

strange to say that... i'll keep reading then come back after i have learnt more - to his comment

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    during a cycle test levels could easily show in the thousands.
    You called?? lol...3800!!

wow thats high!!! cant wait!! i'll report more numbers when i get to reading more here, iLL be able to show before and after blood levels, bound, free and over all, as well as pituritary gland numbers...

ok, big what next... i c why test e, one compound for first cycle(thoug this is not first, but first i will do right) i have the diet in check(except for the ice cream -lol) work outs are rock solid(i am puttinig in gains "natural")

i dont want to get slapped for saying or asking the wrong thing... but at this point i am lookin to research home brew and how to

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Homebrew involves buying powders... that's a mighty large undertaking for a first timer.

Please consider sticking around and researching a bit. Atleast get a good understanding of PCT and everything involved. Understandably you have diet and training in check, but it takes months of research for most to get a full understanding of what they are in for with gear.

But if you are willing to give it a go, I completely agree with starting with a long estered test only cycle at 500mg week. That will def get your feet wet.

homebrew is with powders and consentrations and filtering and adjusting and i cant wait to get that info in my head to apply it for my self... for get home brewing wine - gear is the way to go!!!

i agree with it being and undertaking however i can do anything

pct training(post cycle therapy ) ... i have used it in the past comming off cycles, but didnt know why i should use it - i just trusted that i should...

... any fav threads or posts i would love to read(so far i have had great mentorship w sugestions of threads - all MUST reads) thanks for checking in on me - i need it

big you reading these? where to go next?

Big
    riddle me this:
    where do you want to go next?

Edited

Big
    as I expected...

Thread Information