JT8561 is offline Junior Member

5/8 Pin Ok for Delts?

I started using a 5/8's pin for my shoulders, then I decided to change it up and use a 1" to make sure I got it deep enough. I noticed I started getting slight swelling in the inject site, that would go away after a few days, But I never had swelling with the 5/8's pins. Im using 1 cc of test 2x a week rotating shoulders. Think I'm ok going back to 5/8's?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I use 1", but I have pretty good size delts. 5/8" should be fine.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ agreed. 5/8" is ok if your delts are smaller, but make sure you're going all the way into the muscle bro. I use 1" as well and it works for me. Do you inject in any other sites?

Thanks for the fast response big, I figured 5/8's should be ok, Mine are a good size as well nothing crazy tho. 5'9" 190+ Maybe it was in my head but I always thought I was gonna hit something with the 1", it always seemed to hurt more too, the 5/8's I feel nothing really, except after I start injecting the test, or shortly after. Just wasn't a fan of the swelling I was getting after the inject, I only seemed to happen since I started using the 1"s. I pined myself like a week ago and my shoulder instantly grew like a nice little bump while I was 1/2 way in with the pin, I was thinking "hmmm thats new, that can't be good lol"
    Last edited by JT8561; 12-27-2008 at 03:54 PM.

tinytool is offline Junior Member
    I had the same problem but just stuck it out. I will have to try the 5/8 next time thanks for the info guys.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JT8561 View Post
    I started using a 5/8's pin for my shoulders, then I decided to change it up and use a 1" to make sure I got it deep enough. I noticed I started getting slight swelling in the inject site, that would go away after a few days, But I never had swelling with the 5/8's pins. Im using 1 cc of test 2x a week rotating shoulders. Think I'm ok going back to 5/8's?
    If it works for you,,then by no means change it. I typically never go less than 1"

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    What gauge needle are you using for the 1"? I use 25 ga.x 1".

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    If it works for you,,then by no means change it.
    exactly. if it was gonna be a problem you would likely know by now. but i too use a 1 inch.

the 1in and 5/8's are both 23g. I just used the 5/8's again went in no problem, seems a little easier then the 1in for shoulders. No swelling. My only concern was that I was getting deep enough with the 5/8's.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    If there is no lump on the 5/8" then you're fine. I have actually started to get a little swelling on my delts with my 22g 1". I usually use 25g 1" but bought the wrong ones. If you try using the 1" again, get some 25g and the bump shouldn't be there. But, as said, keep with the 5/8 if you got em.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    I really like the 23g 5/8" for the delts. Worked out really nice. I just am afraid to push more that 1.5 cc into the delts.

IAMCDN is offline Associate Member
    i've used 23g 5/8" for winny, but never for oil base. i'll have to give it a shot (pardon the pun!!!) in my next cycle.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    25g 5/8 inch for all spot injects like lats, bis, delts, pecs, and etc. And 23g 1 inch for glutes.

Thread Information