dieseldave is offline Junior Member

No motivation to diet before cycle, only while on. Advice Plz.

I mean really, is it a huge deal if my bf is around 18% instead of 12% or less when I start my cutting cycle? I just had gyno surgery a few weeks ago so I'm not worried about estro sides. I know myself and when I'm on cycle I keep a clean diet, however when i'm off for a couple years like I've been, I've been slacking pretty bad. I want to start my cycle now. Am I making a huge mistake by starting with higher bf? My goal is to get hard and lean again. Thanks for any advice and fyi... I'm not a diet Nazi and the thought of weighing my food out seems silly, I'm not doing this for a living.

I'm 30

6'1

225 lbs

around 18-20%

Cycle will be comprised of Test Prop, Eq, and Var. I also have Nolva, Proviron , and HCG .

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    if you try to cut from that high, you probably won't get the results you want. also, if you can't keep even a loose diet off cycle it shows you aren't very focused on improving yourself imo. it shows you are lazy and use steroids for an easy way out

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    the mindset for success imo is im gonna get diet and workout and rest on point...thats a constant in my life (pro or not) ...then the times i cycle steroids supplement my goals....steroids dont make up for lacking in diet , training ,and rest .....i mean do u wanna look like a fat slob and look just ok a few times a year? I mean its a personal call ...no disrespect intended ...but i think thats not the best attitude coming in to any cycle...or even in general .....JMO

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldave View Post
    I mean really, is it a huge deal if my bf is around 18% instead of 12% or less when I start my cutting cycle? I just had gyno surgery a few weeks ago so I'm not worried about estro sides. I know myself and when I'm on cycle I keep a clean diet, however when i'm off for a couple years like I've been, I've been slacking pretty bad. I want to start my cycle now. Am I making a huge mistake by starting with higher bf? My goal is to get hard and lean again. Thanks for any advice and fyi... I'm not a diet Nazi and the thought of weighing my food out seems silly, I'm not doing this for a living.

I'm 30

6'1

225 lbs

around 18-20%

Cycle will be comprised of Test Prop, Eq, and Var. I also have Nolva, Proviron, and HCG.
    Not for a living is ok.....but health and fitness is a way of life..so don't waste your money on juice if you can't commit to a good diet before...cause once you're OFF....you're gonna blow up again..and realistically be in worse shape for it.

fireismygame is offline New Member
    Go for it....Your gains may suck, Its your money, And you will not be any better off afterwards if you dont control a diet. However you will feel better and build confidence and hopefully maintain a diet for next cycle. Just dont have high expectations this time and be smart in your cycle. Dont over juice and do proper pct.

dieseldave is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Not for a living is ok.....but health and fitness is a way of life..so don't waste your money on juice if you can't commit to a good diet before...cause once you're OFF....you're gonna blow up again..and realistically be in worse shape for it.
    If I can go from 18% to 12% this cycle, do a bridge, and start my next cycle at 12%, will that be ok?

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    Diet isn't something you do just for a cycle. Stay on it. What is the point of getting results and then shattering them when you get off you diet/cycle?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Look, I've gone from 20% to 6% in 14 weeks on a cutter... It was a hell of a long ride and the ordeal was twice as difficult because of getting the discipline back on track and being strict with the diet since you want to shed as much as possible in the shortest time without sacrificing LBM

can you do it... yes you can
    should you do it? that's your call, inky-e has a point, you'll just blow up again after if you go back to bad eating habits..

we're all adults; it's your call, but these bros make good points for you to consider

cheers

MgpGator is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    Look, I've gone from 20% to 6% in 14 weeks on a cutter... It was a hell of a long ride and the ordeal was twice as difficult because of getting the discipline back on track and being strict with the diet since you want to shed as much as possible in the shortest time without sacrificing LBM

can you do it... yes you can
    should you do it? that's your call, inky-e has a point, you'll just blow up again after if you go back to bad eating habits..

we're all adults; it's your call, but these bros make good points for you to consider

cheers
    Well done buddy. I don't mean to hijack but what supps were u taking. Inquiring minds want to know

ShadetreeJones is offline Associate Member
    This is a pretty good thread. I'm a regular dude also whose diet suffers a little when off cycle. I blimped up a little over Thanksgiving and Christmas and was going to start Test e/primo/winny cycle 2 weeks into January after getting the diet back in check for a couple of weeks.

Threads like this one are useful.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with what you want to do...If you need the extra motivation to diet by taking steroids , then do it.

Those 400lb fat people that go on the biggest loser need that show to get down to an acceptable weight, and they couldn't do it on their own.

The only thing I caution you is to set your goals before you begin so you aren't half-pregnant...You need to really try harder than you've ever tried before...If this means buying a scale and weighing out portions / tracking what you eat, so be it.

When you put in the effort into your diet, it will pay dividends in the future and won't be so cumbersome to track or calculate.

Best of luck with whatever you do...Why not use the negative posts above to fuel your desire to cut down? Prove all of them wrong and earn their respect.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I'm 30

6'1

225 lbs

around 18-20%

Cycle will be comprised of Test Prop, Eq, and Var. I also have Nolva, Proviron, and HCG.
    you do realize that the steroids will not harden or cut you up? diet will do that. if you want to be lean then put a hold on the cycle, start dieting and hitting some cardio then when you get down to 12% hit up the steroids and they will help harden you up. every single person i know that has tried to cut on a 12 week cycle when there 20%+ bf were all disappointed with the results
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

I'm 30

6'1

225 lbs

around 18-20%

Its not really about being a diet Nazi...although its not a bad thing...more like eating sensibly..cutting out fast food...soda, including diet ones...brown rice instead of white..things like slow digesting carbs...also reading food labels eventually becomes second natured...for me..its a state of mind...I will readily admit to cheating from time to time...but after a while those foods that we lusted after will be replaced with healthier choices...especially when we start getting results and see our bodies change....

How much cardio during the cycle would you guys consider is appropriate for the OP while on cycle and at one point do you see too much cardio being an issue of diminishing returns?

I was planning on hitting the cardio pretty hard during my cutter.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i would cardio 4 or more times a week. But if you wanna keep it from burning muscle mass id keep it around 30 to 40 mins.

I wouldn't worry bout burning muscle....getting the weight and BF down if the first thing I'd address...then the muscle building...plus if he juices he'll be able to build from a much better base, not to mention healthier and at the very least more motivated.

My situation is similar to the OP's, I got a little chubby over the past couple of months but am very anxious to get back on cycle.

How flawed is my plan to ramp up the cardio for the 1st couple of weeks while I wait for the test e to kick in?

I still plan on lifting hard during those 2-3 weeks but if the enanthate hasn't kicked in yet are you hampering it's ability later on in the cycle?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Yeah dude, try and get on a solid diet firstly. I know it can be hard to find motivation, especially when you got the gear on hand. I bet once you figure out your Kcals and what foods/portions to eat throughout your days, cutting will become relatively easy.

I find it hard to have motivation when I am sick, or after family get togethers because everyone's feeding me junk and I get lazy and don't prepare my own stuff. After the first week or so of being on a diet again, I start to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadetreeJones View Post
    My situation is similar to the OP's, I got a little chubby over the past couple of months but am very anxious to get back on cycle.

How flawed is my plan to ramp up the cardio for the 1st couple of weeks while I wait for the test e to kick in?

I still plan on lifting hard during those 2-3 weeks but if the enanthate hasn't kicked in yet are you hampering it's ability later on in the cycle?

I don't think so....ok from personal experience here...when I was down to losing the last 40 lbs or so...I juiced...but I also hit cardio every chance I got...for me..the juice helped with the endurance for me to exercise more....basically when trying to drop lb's....I would use any spare time to exercise in one form or another...granted I ate really clean and healthy too....and when I hit 187lbs....I was ripped...but a little too thin..IMO...so then....I cycle up gradually to where I wanted to be...that was 220lbs...but in reality..220lbs was too much for me..so....cut down to 207...where I am now...and I'm relatively OK right now...I know eventually I'll cycle some...then change things up a little...its an on going project...for me...but I have to stay on top of my game cause a slip here and there and I'm fukked.

[/B]
    I don't think so....ok from personal experience here...when I was down to losing the last 40 lbs or so...I juiced...but I also hit cardio every chance I got...for me..the juice helped with the endurance for me to exercise more....basically when trying to drop lb's....I would use any spare time to exercise in one form or another...granted I ate really clean and healthy too....and when I hit 187lbs....I was ripped...but a little too thin..IMO...so then....I cycle up gradually to where I wanted to be...that was 220lbs...but in reality..220lbs was too much for me..so....cut down to 207...where I am now...and I'm relatively OK right now...I know eventually I'll cycle some...then change things up a little...its an on going project...for me...but I have to stay on top of my game cause a slip here and there and I'm fukked.
    That's what the f I'm talkin about. That's useful stuff from personal experience. Not everyone on here is a professional BB, some guys just want to look good and be healthy.

I agree about steroids giving a huge boost in energy and using that to accomplish goals, which in my and OP's case is shedding bf, is my main goal.

I wouldn't mind getting a little bigger and definitely harder but can't all three goals be reached while cycling? I'm already 230 so adding size isn't of paramount importance.

My plan is to do 35 mins of cardio every morning before work, lift in the afternoon 5 days a week and workout at an mma gym 2 nights a week.

I might never look like Dorian Yates with a plan like that but then again that's not really my goal.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't worry bout burning muscle....getting the weight and BF down if the first thing I'd address...then the muscle building...plus if he juices he'll be able to build from a much better base, not to mention healthier and at the very least more motivated.
    I agree with this 100% ..but do it pre cycle imo ..the minimal amount of muscle lost (unless you starve yourself and do high intensity cardio)will easily be gained back once you go on cycle with good diet,exercise and rest. Pre cycle nutrition and conditioning is very important for several reasons. I know its easier to be motivated while juicing and at times seeing almost daily results (at least it can appear that way at times) however the benefits of creating good conditioning ,discipline, and a natural anabolic environment prior to cycling shouldnt be ignored. JMO ...It is def an individual decision ...thats just my take...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I agree with this 100% ..but do it pre cycle imo ..the minimal amount of muscle lost (unless you starve yourself and do high intensity cardio)will easily be gained back once you go on cycle with good diet,exercise and rest. Pre cycle nutrition and conditioning is very important for several reasons. I know its easier to be motivated while juicing and at times seeing almost daily results (at least it can appear that way at times) however the benefits of creating good conditioning ,discipline, and a natural anabolic environment prior to cycling shouldnt be ignored. JMO ...It is def an individual decision ...thats just my take...
    Exactly!

Thread Information