redneckjoe96 is offline New Member

new to body transformation

hey whats up im new here and just have a few questions. im 24 years old and 5'-11" at 170 lbs with a gut. i know im an ectomorph, so the question is, when is a good time to go on something? i just started working out and im to skinny and weak. what would be good to start with? what kind of gains in strength and size would i be looking at? any info would be great.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.
    You should start with proper diet and training for the next year while you study where to go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Welcome.
    You should start with proper diet and training for the next year while you study where to go from there.
    well the problem is that i have messed around and waited to long before i started to work out and now i have around a 6 month deadline. i dont want to kill myself by takin anything but need resonably quick results. is there anything i could do?

Big
    6 month deadline?

d bol, test e, and deca

thinkin bout takin 12 weeks of test e and deca with the first 4 weeks stacked with d bol. the problem is i just started working out. what is the bare minimum(time frame) i can work out before i start? what will happen if i only work out for 4 months and then juice?

Big
    I recommend a year or more of training properly.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to have a good base before your cycle or you will lose the gains quickily after you're done. I've seen it many times before. Muscle maturity is very important.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckjoe96 View Post
    well the problem is that i have messed around and waited to long before i started to work out and now i have around a 6 month deadline. i dont want to kill myself by takin anything but need resonably quick results. is there anything i could do?
    Wow ...if all else fails...I will refer to the first line in bold...lol...sometimes we gotta do things we don't want to...jk..

6 month deadline?
    yeah man, i wanna look good for a beach wedding

Big
    yeah man, i wanna look good for a beach wedding
    {sigh}
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    You need to have a good base before your cycle or you will lose the gains quickily after you're done. I've seen it many times before. Muscle maturity is very important.
    muscle maturity? could you elaborate

{sigh}
    good luck
    i dont mean to keep askin the same question or be a pain in the neck but what could happen if i start to soon?

Big
    I merged your two threads to simplify things.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont mean to keep askin the same question or be a pain in the neck but what could happen if i start to soon?
    Nothing major bro...The beach wedding is definitely more important than worrying about a couple health / hormonal issues.

Get swole and ripped 'fer the beach broseff!!

Darksyde is offline Member
    in 6 months you can do a lot to drop some bf and increase your lbm without drugs. you have to pay good attention to your diet however, which is where most people fail.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Nothing major bro...The beach wedding is definitely more important than worrying about a couple health / hormonal issues.

Get swole and ripped 'fer the beach broseff!!
    i joined this forum for help with info, no offense, but im not lookin for sarcasim broseph

i joined this forum for help with info, no offense, but im not lookin for sarcasim broseph
    I don't tolerate laziness or help people that can't do a little research for themselves.

So, just to recap, you have a gut, you are an ectomorph, are not even 200 lbs, and you come here asking what you should take.

Did it ever occur to you to understand the negative aspects of what you wanted to do BEFORE you decided steroids sounded like a good idea?

Seriously, you deserve all the sarcasm you're getting...

Look at Big's response to you...He was undoubtedly thinking the very thing I said.

Big
    This is a bit early, but let me explain the attitude you may receive. Every year, year after year, after the new years we are flooded with people who want to look good for spring break and the beach. They disregard the fact that most of us view this as a lifestyle. You did not get into your present shape overnight, and you will not make signifigant changes overnight either. We are happy to help those who come and say "these are my goals, what's the safest way to meet my goals?" When there are just cosmetic reasons surrounding one event with an unrealistic deadline, why even do it? What happens after the beach wedding? It's over, so you stop training and dieting and everything goes back to normal? If so then what's the point in investing the time to help you? Don't get me wrong I hope you meet your goals in the timeline you desire, but I prefer to help people do things the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I don't tolerate laziness or help people that can't do a little research for themselves.

So, just to recap, you have a gut, you are an ectomorph, are not even 200 lbs, and you come here asking what you should take.

Did it ever occur to you to understand the negative aspects of what you wanted to do BEFORE you decided steroids sounded like a good idea?

Seriously, you deserve all the sarcasm you're getting...

Look at Big's response to you...He was undoubtedly thinking the very thing I said.

excuse me for not ever doin drugs. i guess i joined the wrong forum to ask about steroids. and as for laziness i put in 70 hours a week in a weld shop and im an only parent to a 5 year old a 3 year old and a 8 month old, so f*ck you right back.
    Last edited by redneckjoe96; 12-30-2008 at 10:32 PM.

This is a bit early, but let me explain the attitude you may receive. Every year, year after year, after the new years we are flooded with people who want to look good for spring break and the beach. They disregard the fact that most of us view this as a lifestyle. You did not get into your present shape overnight, and you will not make signifigant changes overnight either. We are happy to help those who come and say "these are my goals, what's the safest way to meet my goals?" When there are just cosmetic reasons surrounding one event with an unrealistic deadline, why even do it? What happens after the beach wedding? It's over, so you stop training and dieting and everything goes back to normal? If so then what's the point in investing the time to help you? Don't get me wrong I hope you meet your goals in the timeline you desire, but I prefer to help people do things the right way.
    i never said i was gonna quit after the summer and i refuse to be one of the typical sterotypes. but dont nobody on here know me so dont assume im like everybody else. i appericiate what your sayin, i just didnt know details. like i said im new at this. but thanks for the info.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Man you got lighte. Up and realize that, although it maysound harsh, everyone here is looking out for you. I came on here with same attitude as you and got killed for it. But after doing my own research and following the advice the pros on this site I have grown by leaps and bounds....naturally. It's just not worth it to go into this blind. Starting a cycle while out of shape will significantly increase your risk of sides a d waste your money. Don't get discouraged. Put in your time and reap the benefits

excuse me for not ever doin drugs. i guess i joined the wrong forum to ask about steroids. and as for laziness i put in 70 hours a week in a weld shop and im an only parent to a 5 year old a 3 year old and a 8 month old, so f*ck you right back.
    1. Never criticized you for not doing drugs or AAS

2. If you think you joined the wrong forum, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

3. You came in here asking the most BASIC questions that spending 15 minutes on the home page of www.steroid.com would clarify for you.

Nothing you say about your situation or life will impress me as I don't care. I help people that at LEAST do the bare minimum to help themselves regarding AAS and the decision to use them in a safe way.

Good luck man...Hopefully others will be more inclined to aid you.

fujitsupalm is offline Associate Member
    To be honest, roids is not the way to go, but if you really wanna look good for a beach party, why not just try to lose some o dat body fat? looking ripped is kinda great even when a tad bit smaller, better than messing around with roids and get no result, cos you aint trained proper before so you will end up losing it and end up prolly looking worse than you started roids when your natty test is on a halt...

nickbcd is offline New Member
    Common sense is useful when deciding what will happen if you take steroids and havent trained for any serious amount of time. You might not see the gains someone else is getting because your not training properly, your not commited enough and might quit etc apart from that theres no reason not to start taking steroids when you are ready. As far as im concerned terms like muscle maturity are bullshit muscle is muscle, its gained one way or another your only speeding up the process by taking steroids. Id say if you've read enough about them and know the risks go for it ( and there are considerable risks involved ) You can gain 30 pounds easily in 6months with a cycle under your belt. You'll be happier for it. On that note you can easily gain an inch on your bipces also in 6months if you don't do a cycle

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    enough with the language. youve been given the proper advice, take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Man you got lighte. Up and realize that, although it maysound harsh, everyone here is looking out for you. I came on here with same attitude as you and got killed for it. But after doing my own research and following the advice the pros on this site I have grown by leaps and bounds....naturally. It's just not worth it to go into this blind. Starting a cycle while out of shape will significantly increase your risk of sides a d waste your money. Don't get discouraged. Put in your time and reap the benefits
    thanks for the info. glad to get it from somebody who knows where im comin from. i would never jump straight into juice if the side effects were to harsh. just simply wanted to know if it was worth it that soon. thanks agian.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbcd View Post
    Common sense is useful when deciding what will happen if you take steroids and havent trained for any serious amount of time. You might not see the gains someone else is getting because your not training properly, your not commited enough and might quit etc apart from that theres no reason not to start taking steroids when you are ready. As far as im concerned terms like muscle maturity are bullshit muscle is muscle, its gained one way or another your only speeding up the process by taking steroids. Id say if you've read enough about them and know the risks go for it ( and there are considerable risks involved ) You can gain 30 pounds easily in 6months with a cycle under your belt. You'll be happier for it. On that note you can easily gain an inch on your bipces also in 6months if you don't do a cycle
    ive done some research on ectomorphs and the reason i was wandering about aas is everything i read said its harder on us guys to gain anything. had i known its possible to make significant gains naturally then it wouldnt have been as big of an issue. if i can gain 10 or so lbs natural that would be great. thanks for the advice.

joiningthedarkside is offline Associate Member
    when u first start working out is when u make ur biggest gains naturally! i think u can put 10lbs NATURALLY! with out the juice.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    AMEN Big bro!

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    i nominate big for president.

long story short.

NO amount of drugs will make up for the lack of proper controlled diet and training.

i should know, i dropped 103lbs of fat naturally (270 to a ripped 167), and from there i've built up. but before i jumped on AAS, i had 3 hard years of training and diet and learning my body before making my decision.

there is a fantastic diet section on here, you'd be amazed what you can do in 6 months if your diet is spot on!

best of luck.

thanks for all the help guys, it really has redirected my thinkin. thanks agian.

TndmSlt is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joiningthedarkside View Post
    when u first start working out is when u make ur biggest gains naturally! i think u can put 10lbs NATURALLY! with out the juice.
    i second that

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    thanks for all the help guys, it really has redirected my thinkin. thanks agian.
    Well, I'm sorry you thought people were being tough on you but like big said this this a lifestyle and people take it very seriously, and most of the guys on here are just trying to look out for you and give you some valuable advice.

You can do a lot with just diet and exercise and thats where you should start before you even want to think about AAS. Remember that you have 3 kids and is it worth running the risk of your health just to get buff for your wedding?

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Ectomorph eh?

Let me tell you a story about when I first started working out, let me a paint a picture for you, I was a puny 130lb pound 6'0 male who was suffering from depression and had my friends comparing my physique to a light pole.

Nonetheless, me getting into working out was short of act of god when my friend got me involved. Anyway what turned out as a hobby turned into a lifestyle and I joined a bodybuilding forum and they all told me to focus on diet which is what I did not want to hear (I wanted hear which supplement would make me huge however I was against pro-hormones and steroids at that time out of ignorance) nonetheless I ate like a lion during mating season and got amazing n00b gains.

I went from 130 pounds to 172 pounds in 4 months and everyone thought I went on roids and even though i gained fat in the process, people still commented how great I looked as I tweaked my diet and continued lifting and changing it up I maintained my weight and dropped the fat I gained from my bulk.

And that was only seriously training for 6 months!!! Obivously n00b gains die down months after working out, imagine what you can do in a several years.

I agree with everyone here, wait till you get a couple years under your belt because then you will have a base of muscle you gained NATURALLY and this will help keep your roid gains.

Thread Information