Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50
  1. #1
    Ajinra is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30

    How quickly is roid mass and strength lost?

    For instance, a 200lb guy puts on 20lbs of lean muscle mass through his choice of gear, follows a good diet and training schedule during cycle, and ends with a proper pct.
    He continues to lift, but not as seriously, doesn't take his diet very seriously, and stops juicin'. How quickly do his gains fade away assuming he is somewhere at or above his genetic potential?

  2. #2
    Big's Avatar
    Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    28,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajinra View Post
    For instance, a 200lb guy puts on 20lbs of lean muscle mass through his choice of gear, follows a good diet and training schedule during cycle, and ends with a proper pct.
    He continues to lift, but not as seriously, doesn't take his diet very seriously, and stops juicin'. How quickly do his gains fade away assuming he is somewhere at or above his genetic potential?
    if those specific criteria were met I would expect the gains to leave as quickly as they came.

  3. #3
    Ajinra is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30
    is the only way to keep your gains to keep cycling?

  4. #4
    chuckt12345's Avatar
    chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,215
    you can keep some or most for awhile if you bust your asss but its eventually gonna fade away. Be nice to be able to do one great cycle and never have to touch it again but that aint happenin.

  5. #5
    Sherman01's Avatar
    Sherman01 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    262
    If your lazy working out after your off? What do you think?

    If you are lazy working out and do not follow a good diet, you would loose gains regardless if they came with the help of steroids or not. Being on the juice is not an excuse to be lazy.

  6. #6
    Ajinra is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30
    using that example of the 200lb guy, could his lean muscle mass dip below his pre-cycle levels if he doesn't juice again? if he continues to lift at least half-assedly, that is

  7. #7
    Big's Avatar
    Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    28,653
    the only 2 options you have painted are either stop lifting and dieting seriously after a cycle, or keep cycling.
    why not follow option one but keep training and dieting just as seriously after cycle and see what kind of gains can be kept?

  8. #8
    Sherman01's Avatar
    Sherman01 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajinra View Post
    using that example of the 200lb guy, could his lean muscle mass dip below his pre-cycle levels if he doesn't juice again? if he continues to lift at least half-assedly, that is
    Would this guy lift half assed while on cycle? Would that make sense?


    Let me answer your question. he would loose all his gains. Not because he stopped taking steroids , but because he would be working out half assed. As you said yourself.

    You get out of it what you put into it. Steroids have nothing to do with it. You work out "half assed", you get half assed results.

  9. #9
    Ajinra is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30
    thanks guys, i appreciate you answering my question

  10. #10
    honda450's Avatar
    honda450 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    386
    If you aren't dedicated you aren't ready for the gear.. Don't bother wasting your time on getting "huge" and then laughing later when you are lazy as hell and don't want to do anything all to keep it..

    You can do a cycle and keep all your gains and train naturally and do whatever your heart desires, but most people continue to do cycles throughout their time with proper procedure to make sure they aren't harming their body.

  11. #11
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    this only applys to guys above their genetic potential where they should continue cycling not those who didnt reac it yet,correct?

  12. #12
    UncleD's Avatar
    UncleD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    inside my mind
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajinra View Post
    For instance, a 200lb guy puts on 20lbs of lean muscle mass through his choice of gear, follows a good diet and training schedule during cycle, and ends with a proper pct.
    He continues to lift, but not as seriously, doesn't take his diet very seriously, and stops juicin'. How quickly do his gains fade away assuming he is somewhere at or above his genetic potential?
    and what if puff the magic dragon lived by the sea and ate potato chips how fat would he get.. seriusly...nobody knows for sure...

  13. #13
    MuscleSportMag's Avatar
    MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajinra View Post
    For instance, a 200lb guy puts on 20lbs of lean muscle mass through his choice of gear, follows a good diet and training schedule during cycle, and ends with a proper pct.
    He continues to lift, but not as seriously, doesn't take his diet very seriously, and stops juicin'. How quickly do his gains fade away assuming he is somewhere at or above his genetic potential?
    Of course, there's going to be a drop off after the cycle. That's why you have to keep hitting it hard in the gym and with the diet. PCT + dedicated training + good diet (including high protein and calories) = maintaining as much as possible until the next cycle.

    Just the water weight alone will be a noticeable drop on the scale. If you're going to forget all the good you did while on by blowing it totally when off, then don't bother starting the cycle in the first place.

    Dedication during off times is just as important as on.

  14. #14
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    Correct me if im wrong, I was under the Impression that a 200lb man could gain 20lbs of LBM from proper training and diet and the use of AAS and then with Proper PCT,Diet and Training after the cycle could maintain most of his mass gains(Not Water or Strength) but would obviously lose some Muscle because he could not lift as heavy, but could still maintain a good amount of the LBM gained on the cycle.
    Is this accurate?


    -AJ

  15. #15
    muhammad1185's Avatar
    muhammad1185 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    england
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, I was under the Impression that a 200lb man could gain 20lbs of LBM from proper training and diet and the use of AAS and then with Proper PCT,Diet and Training after the cycle could maintain most of his mass gains(Not Water or Strength) but would obviously lose some Muscle because he could not lift as heavy, but could still maintain a good amount of the LBM gained on the cycle.
    Is this accurate?


    -AJ
    i agree, apart from the strength bit, i know off people that hardly lost any strength, its all about a good pct, diet, motivation, and training hard as f***

  16. #16
    Darksyde's Avatar
    Darksyde is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    640
    one thing i have noticed: there is usually some sort of strength increase with most compounds. so when off cycle and after pct if you keep lifting the heavier weights (properly of course) that you have been lifting, you are now providing new stimulus to your muscles that they did not have before your cycle. now your body will continue to respond to the changing stimuli it is experiencing (heavier weights), however now in a non-enhanced fashion.

    so basically if you keep it up, you will keep some of your new muscle. keep challenging yourself strengthwise even though you know you dont have that extra juice flowing in your bloodstream.

    the only data i have to back this up is the few cycles i have run, but it seemed to be how it worked. take advantage of the lasting strength and keep progressing.

  17. #17
    hankdiesel's Avatar
    hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    blue trunks
    Posts
    3,094
    Work hard and eat right after the cyle is over. If you slack off you will lose all your gains and shouldn't have cycled in the first place.

  18. #18
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    but if someone is below his genetic max the gains he made should remain right

  19. #19
    hankdiesel's Avatar
    hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    blue trunks
    Posts
    3,094
    Why would the gains stay if you slack off? He said train less and sloppy diet. Some thing to that effect. People are always getting smaller if you don't see them in the gym as often.

  20. #20
    Ajinra is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30
    darksyde...

    so you're saying that even though your muscle mass may decline, your strength remains near the same levels as it was during cycle, at least in your experience? thats without juice and with continued heavy, powerlifting-style lifting though, right?

    thats something I haven't heard of before. anyone else experienced something similar?

  21. #21
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    i dont think thats what he meant, and i disagree, how it it possible to maintain the same level of strength you had while on AAS cycle,IMO its not. So if your not lifting as heavy your body will most likely dismiss some of the muscle and get rid of it, Unless you continue to train as heavy as possible so your body knows it needs to keep it. But if you cut and are in a calorie deficit your body will try to conserve and most likely ditch the muscle, But this can be avoided also IMO if you train heavy while cutting as well.


    -AJ

  22. #22
    Darksyde's Avatar
    Darksyde is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    640
    i definately notice that my strength drops off as my cycle gets further and further behind me, but i still end up stronger than i was before i started the cycle. if i keep up my routines and intensity that i lift at, i remain stronger. keep in mind i am only 33 so i dont know what happens long term after cessation of hormonal supplementation with continuation of supplication at the iron alter.

  23. #23
    vishus's Avatar
    vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,281
    i just ended my first cycle and ive read that you NEED to keep training intensly, not necessarily with the same weights while on cycle, but with same intensity and keep calories up too, to make sure most mass isnt lost. i guess ill have to wait and see

  24. #24
    Ajinra is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30
    thanks for the discussion bros. its good to hear personal experiences from people that have been there. as you can guess, i havent been there... yet

  25. #25
    Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,071
    I would like to meet the man that was able to keep the exact same intensity, and more importantly, same internal anabolic environment 5-10 years after he quit AAS. If you think that you can keep 100%... 80%... better yet... 40% of your gains years down the road after going cold turkey off of pure 10x test levels then you have another thing coming.

    I am just excited that I am able to get some pumps and gains at all after stopping for a while, but after running my 10th or so cycle I know that to keep the peak size then I would have to stick with it.

    But hey, just be happy that you are fit and have your health.

    Not trying to bum you out. If anyone has quit and is able to keep peaked test levels post-cycle then congrats. But I must say... if you really are able to do that... then why run steroids in the first place?

  26. #26
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    so does that apply for people below their genetic max?if it does then aas is useless and temporary on the long run

  27. #27
    bahrianite's Avatar
    bahrianite is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    i just ended my first cycle and ive read that you NEED to keep training intensly, not necessarily with the same weights while on cycle, but with same intensity and keep calories up too, to make sure most mass isnt lost. i guess ill have to wait and see
    i agree,if you keep training with the same intensity you can keep more than most of what you gained. now lets not confuse intensity with heavy lifting,they both are different things.

    if one keeps their diet in check and trains with full heart then you can definatly keep alot of that mass and strength naturally!

  28. #28
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by bahrianite View Post
    i agree,if you keep training with the same intensity you can keep more than most of what you gained. now lets not confuse intensity with heavy lifting,they both are different things.

    if one keeps their diet in check and trains with full heart then you can definatly keep alot of that mass and strength naturally!
    even if he stopped juicing right?

  29. #29
    bahrianite's Avatar
    bahrianite is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman View Post
    I would like to meet the man that was able to keep the exact same intensity, and more importantly, same internal anabolic environment 5-10 years after he quit AAS. If you think that you can keep 100%... 80%... better yet... 40% of your gains years down the road after going cold turkey off of pure 10x test levels then you have another thing coming.

    I am just excited that I am able to get some pumps and gains at all after stopping for a while, but after running my 10th or so cycle I know that to keep the peak size then I would have to stick with it.

    But hey, just be happy that you are fit and have your health.

    Not trying to bum you out. If anyone has quit and is able to keep peaked test levels post-cycle then congrats. But I must say... if you really are able to do that... then why run steroids in the first place?
    if some one gained 20 lbs from a cycle,then does pct,now 4 months later he has managed to keep 10 lbs out of those 20 gained,you mean to say he cant keep even those 10 lbs if he continues to lift and diet correctly.that is defantly not the case.

    although one wont be in the same peak position but to say he would be a total gonner without steroids is IMO wrong.not trying to flame or heat things up.just giving my view.

  30. #30
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman View Post
    I would like to meet the man that was able to keep the exact same intensity, and more importantly, same internal anabolic environment 5-10 years after he quit AAS. If you think that you can keep 100%... 80%... better yet... 40% of your gains years down the road after going cold turkey off of pure 10x test levels then you have another thing coming.

    I am just excited that I am able to get some pumps and gains at all after stopping for a while, but after running my 10th or so cycle I know that to keep the peak size then I would have to stick with it.

    But hey, just be happy that you are fit and have your health.

    Not trying to bum you out. If anyone has quit and is able to keep peaked test levels post-cycle then congrats. But I must say... if you really are able to do that... then why run steroids in the first place?
    What im saying is say someone gains 25lbs from a cycle and keeps up with his diet and training(as much as possible) obviously he cannot lift as much, but is it not true that he could keep 10-15lbs of the muscle mass? or its all just temporary? To me then you minds well take you time and train natty and have more permanent gains correct?

    -AJ

  31. #31
    bahrianite's Avatar
    bahrianite is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    What im saying is say someone gains 25lbs from a cycle and keeps up with his diet and training(as much as possible) obviously he cannot lift as much, but is it not true that he could keep 10-15lbs of the muscle mass? or its all just temporary? To me then you minds well take you time and train natty and have more permanent gains correct?

    -AJ
    in short you can keep those 10-15 pounds out of the 25!!!it is not true that you lose everything,what the point in doing something thats only temporary??right!!
    i have seen guys keep alot after they stopped cycling,not all but alot!!including strength!!!

  32. #32
    Kratos's Avatar
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    34,255
    if diet and exercise go by the way side results will be lost even faster than they came
    this thread is stupid, it's a lifestyle.

  33. #33
    Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tryin to get Abs
    Posts
    3,353
    anyone else on this>?

  34. #34
    Angel of death's Avatar
    Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,727
    everyones different man, its gonna depend on your body type a lot too

  35. #35
    Bossman's Avatar
    Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,400
    This has been talked about in many threads. Gains you've gotten from AAS will eventually be lost once you've stopped AAS use. You will return back to pre AAS status. How long that will take depends on the individual, their training and diet. If you keep anything, it could have been acheived without AAS. I've seen several bros, who compete, cycle and gain size/strength. After cessation of AAS they revert back to the same physique they had before AAS. Even with busting their asses to keep it. To me, it seems like a few short months 3-4 for this to happen. But, like was said, lots of variables as to how long it takes each individual.
    Last edited by Bossman; 01-03-2009 at 02:35 PM.

  36. #36
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    if steroid gains are just temporary then juicing is useless anyways but thats not the case

  37. #37
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    This has been talked about in many threads. Gains you've gotten from AAS will eventually be lost once you've stopped AAS use. You will return back to pre AAS status. How long that will take depends on the individual, their training and diet. If you keep anything, it could have been acheived without AAS.
    even if you juiced before reaching your max genetic potential???

  38. #38
    Bossman's Avatar
    Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,400
    Like Kratos said "Its a lifestyle". I will continue to juice because I want to stay like I am.

    I believe if you juice before you have met your genetic potential, you're an idiot, IMO. Also, if you juice before you've met your genetic potential (GP), you've just set your GP lower. And then, you will lose your gains because you gained them with AAS.

  39. #39
    Bossman's Avatar
    Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,400
    I will also say, once you've been on AAS and then decide to do it naturally. It's REALLY hard. You think it's hard to gain now? Make sure you really know what you want when you start AAS use and research.

  40. #40
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Like Kratos said "Its a lifestyle". I will continue to juice because I want to stay like I am.

    I believe if you juice before you have met your genetic potential, you're an idiot, IMO. Also, if you juice before you've met your genetic potential (GP), you've just set your GP lower. And then, you will lose your gains because you gained them with AAS.
    setting your genetic potential lower? i doubt thats true and i know lots of guys who juiced before their max potential and kept all their gains actually if juice gains are just there as long someones is juicing no matter how hard he trains rest or keeps his diet in check then its pointless you are just addicted to something which wont be there when you stop using it,just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •