BBall6 is offline Associate Member

How many drops per ml?

I know how many mg per ml I've got, but the dropper my finasteride came with has no marks on the side of it so I was wondering how many drops roughly made 1 ml.

I guess I could always use a syringe to measure the right dose, but figured there was a somewhat accurate drop conversion or so many things wouldn't come with droppers.

I can do the math from there

Thanks

And I'm not dosing a full ml which is 5mg. I just want a standard measurement to start from.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    If I were you I would use a syringe and get an exact measurment

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    There are several exact definitions of a "drop":

the "metric" drop, 1/20 mL (50 μL).
    the medical drop, 1/12 mL (83 1/3 μL).
    the Imperial drop, 1/36 of a fluidram (1/288 of an Imperial fluid ounce, or 1/1440 of a gill) (approximately 99 μL).
    an alternate, possibly apocryphal, definition of the drop is 1/1824 of a gill (approximately 78 μL).
    the U.S. drop, 1/60 of a teaspoon or 1/360 of a U.S. fluid ounce (approximately 82 μL).
    an alternate definition of the U.S. drop is 1/76 of a teaspoon or 1/456 US fl oz (approximately 65 μL).
    According to Webster dictionary, "drop" indicates the smallest volume of a liquid that may be measured. The size of drop may vary with the viscosity of the liquid.

In the past, a drop was another name for a minim. This meaning was used in Pharmacy to describe a volume equal to one 60th of a fluid dram or one 480th of a fluid ounce. This is equal to about 0.0616mL (U.S.) or 0.0592mL (Britain). Pharmacists have since moved to metric measurements, with a drop being rounded to exactly 0.05mL (that is, 20 drops per millilitre). In hospitals, intravenous tubing is used to deliver medication in drops of various sizes ranging from 10 drops/mL to 60 drops/mL. A drop is abbreviated gt, with gtt used for the plural. These abbreviations come from the Latin for drop, gutta.[1] articles.

A drop can also be used less formally as a unit of volume in recipes. According to some older kitchen references, 24 drops = ¼ teaspoon. Using U.S. definitions, this makes the drop equal to about 0.051mL, making it quite comparable to the pharmacist's drop.[1]

^ a b Russ Rowlett. How Many? A Dictionary of Units of Measurement. University of North Carolina (2005-17-11). Retrieved on 2006-09-07.

BBall6 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the extensive explantation on drops, but I think with that many variables, I'll just stick to the syringe method

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Get an oral syringe from any pharmacy. I don't trust the droppers or sprays.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBall6 View Post
    Thanks for the extensive explantation on drops, but I think with that many variables, I'll just stick to the syringe method
    twas the point my friend...good call.

Thread Information