BigZ is offline New Member

Help with needles!

Im about to start a test cycle. Is is a neccesity to draw with a larger needle n switch to a smaller one to shoot? Was wondering if I can just draw and shoot with a 23 guage

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Each time you use a needle it becomes dull and should not be used again. I order my syringes with an 18 gauge which I draw with and then I replace with a 1" 25 gauge to inject. 23 is fine to inject with, but you should replace the needle with a fresh one before injecting.

seriousmass is offline Banned
    that's fine. I'm using a 25 gauge 1.5 inch to inject into the glute.

22 - 23 gauge 1.5 inch needles are actually ideal for the glute. Whats the size of the needle on the syringe.. you never posted it..??

rich1234 is offline Associate Member
    Do you feel any pain at all with 25g? It must be tiny!

anon03191970 is offline Associate Member
    I use 25g needles. You feel practically nothing when inserting it and better still
    because the small gauge prevents you from injecting too fast you feel no PIP either.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to draw with an 18g and pin with a 23g as well. I just don't like to take all day to draw the oil in and get air in the syringe.

I don't mind taking my time to push it in the muscle. Which it still goes in with in 30 seconds or so for 1.5 ml.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i know most draw with a pin then change but i always draw and then shoot, i dont change the needle unless im sucking up the last of my gear at the bottom of the vial....seems lazy and unresponsible but ive never had any problems after 20 injections

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^doctors and insulin users have been doing that for years....i just like to switch for an easier pin with a sharper and smaller gauge needle.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^doctors and insulin users have been doing that for years....i just like to switch for an easier pin with a sharper and smaller gauge needle.
    i hear ya bro....i know how it feels to pin with a dull needle i just dont like pins laying all over the place

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can draw and shoot with the same size pin. Just change the pin to a fresh one before you pin.

IAMCDN is offline Associate Member
    i've done both, and never really found a difference in either. but i do find it way to hard to inject oil based gear with a 25g pin. 23g 1" is best for me.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Putting a needle through a soft rubber stopper doesn't dull it in any significance. And as long as you clean the top of the vial with a sterile swab of rubbing alcohol or Iodine then you don't have to worry about contaminating it either.

I've never switched needles. The years I've worked in hospitals I've never seen a Doctor or nurse do this either.

Personal preference though, couldn't hurt. But in my opinion, doesn't help either

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    draw with an 18 then switch to a 23 and squirt just a tad out to drip down needle and it lubes it up

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    Putting a needle through a soft rubber stopper doesn't dull it in any significance. And as long as you clean the top of the vial with a sterile swab of rubbing alcohol or Iodine then you don't have to worry about contaminating it either.

I've never switched needles. The years I've worked in hospitals I've never seen a Doctor or nurse do this either.

Personal preference though, couldn't hurt. But in my opinion, doesn't help either
    Even though I switch mine up, I wonder why I have never seen a nurse/doctor switch them up for one of my injections? Is it really needed?

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Even though I switch mine up, I wonder why I have never seen a nurse/doctor switch them up for one of my injections? Is it really needed?
    Because it's really not needed. Most facilities are trying to save money so using 2 needles per injection wouldn't fit in thier budget...

The only time I've seen anyone change the needle out is when they are mixing something... ie: Reconstituting Rocephin or mixing Kenalog with lidocaine...things like that

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i dont think its necessary for a sterile injection at all(provided proper inj protocol followed) Like i mentioned above doctors and diabetics have done this way for years. I think for our purposes its ease of drawing and a sharper,smaller guage pin for injecting...even if sharpness would be minimally effected...

muhammad1185 is offline Associate Member
    i find 21 1.5'' work best for me....

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    1 1/2" 23's to the glute for me

reddohc is offline Associate Member
    ive been injecting with 22 gauge 1inch forever bc thats all the local store had lol.. for my next cycle i order 23s and 25s.. but 22 was fine

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    i know most draw with a pin then change but i always draw and then shoot, i dont change the needle unless im sucking up the last of my gear at the bottom of the vial....seems lazy and unresponsible but ive never had any problems after 20 injections
    Same here, not any noticeable pain and the area is fine the next day.

nicnitro is offline Junior Member
    I draw with a 21 and change to a 25 5/8 for my quad and love it - no pain at all.
    Plus it forces me to go slow (it still goes in fairly quick).

If it was my glut I'd go 25 and 1 to 1 1/4

But after all the crap I've been through in terms of injection pain, I am switching out the pin after drawing it out.

Thread Information