srebrenica is offline Junior Member

accutane affect the liver

i was put on accutane after two weeks i was taken off it because of my liver enzymes have double is that bad thing

ray0414 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srebrenica View Post
    i was put on accutane after two weeks i was taken off it because of my liver enzymes have double is that bad thing
    accutane is actually very very bad 4 you. lowest dose possible for only the most extreme patients.

arent u funni i was on only 40 mg after two weeks my liver enzymes doubled

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Accutaine ... look it up under webmd.com It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to the bone!! Most people start out at 20mg...and checked. 40 is HIGH!

i am suppose get my blood taken on 13th to see if my liver enzymes have lowered what can i do to lower any ideas would help

ray0414 is offline Member
    i actually take an accutane replacement. its a natural herb called pau d'arco. its like 8 bux at health food stores, pretty much does the same thing, (cuts down on oils on the skin/sebum) i heard it also can be hard on the liver but much less harsh than accutane, and yes it does work for me, i have dermatitus and they help keep oil off my skin, however if u take too much, you get pimples/whiteheads cause so much bacteria being killed from the herb. pau d'arco comes from the bark of trees in tropical regions.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i was on accutane when i was younger b/c i was a pizza face......i had blood tests done every other week and everything worked out well. but if your liver enzymes are out of line YES ITS BAD, get the sh1t checked out and get them checked by your doc

Dinosaur is offline Member
    if u do little research over accu you will find lots feed back info that might help you.
    att: its harch on liver.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    It's harsh on other organs then just the liver...so is it's topical cousin Retin-A. This is why it dumbfounds me how people just casually suggest taking these to people for mild acne without the guidence of a physician.

Thread Information