stone-mountain is offline New Member

first time cycle q's (deca)

Im 22 yrs old, 5'8", 165lbs, 12% body fat. very stacked for my smaller build. I have been training very hard for 2 and a half years now and decided to try steroids for the first time. I have deca on the way as i have read that it is the safest route. I have enough to do 300mg a week for 7 weeks and can get more if i need to. my PCT will be nolvadex . i want to know if 300mg a week for 7 weeks will be enough for me to see gains and how much of those gains i will keep. and if nolvadex is enough for PCT. is there anything else i should take during my cycle to keep the sexual side effects at bay? my main concern is sexual side effects, i want to avoid them as much as possible but have my heart set on using deca. any advice would be appreciated. my goal is to go up in weight slightly, but i am more focused on strength, and not losing my good run time.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.
    Horrible choice.
    deca without test is no good, deca on the first cycle is no good, deca for less than 10 weeks is no good, I could go on but won't.
    saying "I'm concerned about sexual side effects but have my heart set on deca only" is like saying you want to go swimming but don't want to get wet. set obtainable goals. good luck.

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    BIG hath spoken! haha

Well thats settled, deca may not be the way to go for me....

im looking to complete a cycle recovery and in a three month time frame. maybe a little longer. what is the best option for me? test maybe? this is my first cycle and im looking for the least chance of sexual side effects. i dont want to stack multiple steroids i just want to use one and see how i feel about it before i get too in depth with using.... then my next cycle i may stack depending on how this one goes.

what is a good steroid to use and how much should be used for an 8 week period of time not including PCT ? and what one has the least chance of sexual side effects?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Why in that time period? test e is good at 500mg ew..

Big
    if you intend to run an 8 week cycle the only logical choice is test prop, but in my opinion that should be shot every day. any test will give sexual side effects, namely every girl will seem much more desireable, and you may find yourself humping a table leg like a chihuahua if you don't get enough action. that's my favorite side effect.

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    this is pretty much the iron clad first time cycle.

1-12wk - 500mg/wk Testosterone Enanthate or Cypionate

split the injections at 250mg every 4th day (250mg e4d). I do 250mg on monday and 250mg on thursday.

Start with one compound and then add on one compound at a time. That way if you experience sides or are having problems you will be able to tell which compound is causing the sides. If you jump straight into a 4 compound cycle and sh*t goes haywire there would b no way for you to tell which compound was causing the problem. You have a good outlook and smart move on listening to Big. Deca solo is a bad idea.

the reason for me needing to do such a short cycle is because i am in the military and will be going home to see my wife on leave around the end of may.... cant get into any specifics for my own safety.... i could do something for 3 months and start pct on leave... being where i am at right now i have ample time to dedicate myself to non stop training. what is the best choice for pct after doing a test cycle at 500mg a week. and what is the best choice for doing test, as far as how much and how many times per week.. i know one person replied with 250mg twice a week. what are methods that others use that were proven to be effective?

Big
    long estered test (either e or c) at 500mg/week split into 2 shots of 250mg/week is a very common first cycle. either should be run for 10 to 12 weeks. I like nolva/clomid/aromasin for pct, although there are other options. take a little time to read up in the pct section for some alternate ideas.

Thread Information