Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MAD13 is offline Junior Member

My Jump Program + Winstrol

Hey...Whats up guys...

I'm here because i need your help...Im planing on starding a Jump Program next week...I will also use Winstrol to get more gains...I made up a jump program, but i need your help to make it better because its pretty basic...

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 190
    Body type: Muscular
    Objective: 6 to 10 inches in 4 months

Monday
    Leg press: 5x8
    Calf press: 5x8
    Ham Curl: 5x8
    Dead lift: 5x8

Thursday
    Speed rope: 3x45sec
    Vertical rim jump: 4x6
    Sprints: 4 sets
    Medicine ball dunk: 4x8
    Depth Jumps: 4x8

Saturday

Question: During of days, should i keep jumping, or should i rest...

Thanks for reading

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Hey, plyometrics training?! thats good to see. Jumping training is one of my favorite workout regiments.

I'd do quite a more advanced cycle then the one you proposed. I definitely think you should alter it. I have no clue why squats are never included in your weekly workout. They're the corner stone of plyometrics. Remember: you're trying to make your legs as explosive and powerful as possible, so your exercises should mimic the jumping motion.

Regarding your question on jumping during the day, it's not necessary. You want to give your legs time to recover. Jump training, if done properly will make your muscles burn like no other. Rest during the day and save the jumping for the gym (do box-jumps 5 sets x 25) increasing the height of the box after each set. (if possible @ your gym)

Good luck. I made huge gains from jump training in the past and my vert is still 40". If you work hard at these I bet you will gain those 10" within 4 - 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    Hey, plyometrics training?! thats good to see. Jumping training is one of my favorite workout regiments.

I'd do quite a more advanced cycle then the one you proposed. I definitely think you should alter it. I have no clue why squats are never included in your weekly workout. They're the corner stone of plyometrics. Remember: you're trying to make your legs as explosive and powerful as possible, so your exercises should mimic the jumping motion.

Regarding your question on jumping during the day, it's not necessary. You want to give your legs time to recover. Jump training, if done properly will make your muscles burn like no other. Rest during the day and save the jumping for the gym (do box-jumps 5 sets x 25) increasing the height of the box after each set. (if possible @ your gym)

Good luck. I made huge gains from jump training in the past and my vert is still 40". If you work hard at these I bet you will gain those 10" within 4 - 6 months.
    THANKS!!!Well if you think its possible, thats nice to hear...I will increase my box jumps don't worry...I will try to add squats too, i don't like this exercise only because it hurts haha...But thanks a lot

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    what is your vertical now,

BTW got to add the squats in there....

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    what is your vertical now,

BTW got to add the squats in there....
    My vertical is 32 and i can dunk a basketball...I will add the squats, but should i remove the leg press then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD13 View Post
    My vertical is 32 and i can dunk a basketball...I will add the squats, but should i remove the leg press then?
    No, keep those in.

32 is pretty good,

No, keep those in.

32 is pretty good,
    Haha thanks...Its an ok vertical for a basketball player, but i want more :P

Pretty good vert. You'll need a much higher jump to be effective in basketball though. At my peek in high school I was jumping around 42" @ 6'1. A couple of things to remember: during plyometrics training your "rest days" must include at least 30 minutes of cardio. You want to be shocking your muscles constantly to induce growth.

Keep the leg press in definitely. Squats are just essential. You want to keep in any exercise that can stimulate the muscles used, specifically in a jumping motion.

Pretty good vert. You'll need a much higher jump to be effective in basketball though. At my peek in high school I was jumping around 42" @ 6'1. A couple of things to remember: during plyometrics training your "rest days" must include at least 30 minutes of cardio. You want to be shocking your muscles constantly to induce growth.

Keep the leg press in definitely. Squats are just essential. You want to keep in any exercise that can stimulate the muscles used, specifically in a jumping motion.
    Ok so during ''rest days'' i do cardio, what about during workout days, no cardio????

Blog Entries

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by rest days but I disagree with you on this. Plyometrics are incredible demanding on the body. You run the risk of over-training pretty quickly. Plus increasing vertical leaping ability is all about specificity. You can run on a treadmill all you want but it will not build those motor pathways that are required for explosive anaerobic power movements like jumping. Again maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by doing cardio on rest days. He certainly needs to take days off from training.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by rest days but I disagree with you on this. Plyometrics are incredible demanding on the body. You run the risk of over-training pretty quickly. Plus increasing vertical leaping ability is all about specificity. You can run on a treadmill all you want but it will not build those motor pathways that are required for explosive anaerobic power movements like jumping. Again maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by doing cardio on rest days. He certainly needs to take days off from training.
    Haha, well i will do my jump workout 3 times a week, but during the other days, should i do some jumps or cardio???Or just rest????I'll probably just rest

Blog Entries
    Haha, well i will do my jump workout 3 times a week, but during the other days, should i do some jumps or cardio???Or just rest????I'll probably just rest
    Well I assume your still playing ball arent you?

I would just use basketball as cardio, its pretty hard to mimic game time intensity on your own.

Well I assume your still playing ball arent you?

I would just use basketball as cardio, its pretty hard to mimic game time intensity on your own.
    Ok cool, so i'll use basketball for Cardio, yah i play in a college team...

Muscle Science: Sorry for the confusion, by cardio I just meant 30 minutes a day of running. The reason I suggested it like that was because, the OP is not really breaking up his jump training schedule properly. From what my trainers taught me in highschool, you have to break plyometrics into 4 phases: strength, plyometrics, speed, and finally endurance training.. and run each one of these phases for a week at a time. And then you cycle the 4 phases continuously for 2 - 3 months straight, in order to maximize results. Am I right about this?? You have a degree in kinesiology right?? I think I've read your "ask me anything" thread..

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Hey...Whats up guys...

I'm here because i need your help...Im planing on starding a Jump Program next week...I will also use Winstrol to get more gains...I made up a jump program, but i need your help to make it better because its pretty basic...

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 190
    Body type: Muscular
    Objective: 6 to 10 inches in 4 months

Monday

Thursday
    Speed rope: 3x45sec
    Vertical rim jump: 4x6
    Sprints: 4 sets
    Medicine ball dunk: 4x8
    Depth Jumps: 4x8

Saturday

Question: During of days, should i keep jumping, or should i rest...

Thanks for reading
    AAS is not going to help your Jump. Maybe HGH, But well winny is just going to mess up your joints GL though

Blog Entries
    Muscle Science: Sorry for the confusion, by cardio I just meant 30 minutes a day of running. The reason I suggested it like that was because, the OP is not really breaking up his jump training schedule properly. From what my trainers taught me in highschool, you have to break plyometrics into 4 phases: strength, plyometrics, speed, and finally endurance training.. and run each one of these phases for a week at a time. And then you cycle the 4 phases continuously for 2 - 3 months straight, in order to maximize results. Am I right about this?? You have a degree in kinesiology right?? I think I've read your "ask me anything" thread..
    Your pretty close, you incorporate plyometric as part of and overall training program. Plyometrics is considered its own type of exercise in an athletic training program. You are correct that these programs need to be ran for up to three months then the program needs to be revised. For athletes we call this periodization programs, which takes advantage of whatever season a athlete is in, If he is in offseason, or pre-season ect ect.

Hmm, well in my training, im doing strenght, pylometrics and speed in the same week...And i skip the endurance part, i don't think it will help my vertical...Im waiting for a reply loll

And how come Winstrol will not help my vertical? I will not use it more then 1 month...

may placebo effect, but why would u think a pill is going to make you jump higher?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    what's you age bro?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    may placebo effect, but why would u think a pill is going to make you jump higher?
    because it will

because it will
    Exctly!!!!And im 22

because it will
    i disagree

because it will
    i disagree
    i smell a fight...um...i mean debate...

round 1, break!!!!!

without gathering info, i dont feel by simply continuing to train and taking winny is going to somehow improve his vertical leap.
    He needs to train in Plyometrics and Explosive training sport specific to his goal
    and Rest sufficeintly allowing his body to adapt to the stimulus and grow to make the Jumps and exercises easier

i dont think AAS is going to help that, maybe the recovery period. maybe

-AJ

Research done on Olympians at the 1964 Olympics in Mexico revealed
    that Olympic lifters had higher vertical leap than high jumpers and faster 25 meter sprint times than 100m sprinters. The goal of training with OL is to
    develop explosive speed-strength, the ability to express strength very fast.
    This training develops power as well as trains the nervous system for rapid
    contractions.

----------------------------------Now To Prove myself wrong if this is what you want, but i must say Winny is the wrong choice

INCREASING YOUR VERTICAL by John Smith

Jump, Run, especially Jump not quite all correct info, hardcharger. the fact is, how much AAS will help your vertical is in large part determined by your strength deficit during a vertical jump, by this i mean the difference between the maximal force possible for you to exert isometrically in a jumping position, and the maximum amount of force you can exert at the speed of movement neccessary to actually execute a jump. steroids exert more influence on the muscular system than the neural system... so if your strength deficit is large, then the added weight of extra muscle will likely give you little or no extra jumping ability!!!

now, having said that, no matter what your strength deficit in a jump is, drugs can help you jump higher, but it is even more important to train correctly for athletic events when useing drugs than when not using drugs. this is because when speed of movement is the property desired, you need to be specific because extra muscle added in areas where it is not needed will not help, it will slow you down and we all know that drugs help add muscle fast.

now the first thing you must analyze when training to jump, is whether you need more maximal strength or not. if you can squat 500lbs and have a 20inch vertical, i would suggest you do not. you have plenty of strength, you are just unable to use it when jumping. if you have a 200lb squat and skinny legs and can jump 30 inches, you are probably able to use a high percentage of your available strength during a jump. and therefore, more maximal strength will be of use to you.

now, no matter which catagory you fall into, you want to use the training enhancement effects of AAS to build as much jumping power as possible. this means training more for maximal strength if needed, and more for explosive power if needed. but in either case, you need to be specific. train with movements that allow quick conraction, dont heavily involve the anaerobic energy systems, and mimik the jumping motion.

squats are the cornerstone of most programs... of course you want to use heavier weight if you need to build maximal strength and lighter weight done more explosively if you dont. but either way, squat. plyos... these DO NOT burn a lot of calories done correctly. they are hard on the system... they primarily work by enhancing the stretch reflex, and dont need to be done all the time.
    two weeks every couple of months is sufficient. bounding and agility drills... these should be done every day. all types of hopping, one leg hopping, bounding, etc. these are like low intensity plyos, and exert a positive influence on both the muscular and neural system.

when i train volleyball players to jump higher, i use a 8-10 week cycle, where basic strength is emphasised first... since most young female volleybell players dont have a surplus of it, and we use a couple of weeks of sets of 5 in the squat done 3 times a week with light weight just for conditioning... during this time we also do a lot of low intensity drills such as two legg jumps over hurdles... basically the first two weeks we are conditioning the body for wha twill come.

weeks 3 through 5 are the primary strength weeks, squats 3 times a week for multiple sets of 2 or 3 reps. during this time we increase the intensity of the drills, going from two leg jumps and hops to one leg jumps and hops, and adding in frog jumps, but i keep the volume really low on this to allow for strength gain from the squats.

weeks 6 and 7 are the high intensity plyo weeks, we do depth jumps primarily, jumping off a box onto the floor with an immediete rebound and jump. we do quite a bit of this and all other training is reduced to minimal levels.
    we squat once each week for low intensity, just to maintain conditioning.

weeks 8 and 9 and 10 are taper weeks, the plyos are real hard and require rest to recover from. we include a few sessions of low intensity squatting, and some low intensity drills of two legged hopping. we do just enough squats and drills to maintain strength and conditioning, were not really pushing very hard at all these weeks.
    at the end of week 10 we test for improvements and then do it all again, as long as there is time in the off season. as you can see, increasing vertical is more complicated than upping your squat, at least if you are already at a high level or if you want the biggest bang for your buck.

you need to increase strength, teach your body to apply it at high speed, increase the strength of the stretch reflex, and then allow your body to rest from the difficult training needed to accomplish all these things. throughout all this, you need to maintain strength and conditioning even while concentrating on only one specific quality, or while resting. if you dont do this you will NOT be as successfull in subsequent cycles.

through coaching many camps for several different types of athletes, at all levels, i have maintained an average increase in vertical of a bit over 6 inches the first time through my program, which is usually 10 weeks. i do not think this is equalled by any others in my field. i think even Vermiel who is the strength coach for the chicago bulls only gets a 3 or 4 inch increase on average in the camps he runs, so i know my approach works. i wont take the credit for it, as i largely copied it from Mr Verkoshansky, who used it with much success in the 70's and 80's in Eastern Europe. the main difference between the method i use and the method others use today is that i work harder on each individual quality needed for jumping, but i seperate them into blocks, making the work on each specific quality short and intense. most others work each quality concurently for the whole program, working everything less intensly but for a longer time.

Booyah

Blog Entries
    without gathering info, i dont feel by simply continuing to train and taking winny is going to somehow improve his vertical leap.
    He needs to train in Plyometrics and Explosive training sport specific to his goal
    and Rest sufficeintly allowing his body to adapt to the stimulus and grow to make the Jumps and exercises easier

-AJ
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Your pretty close, you incorporate plyometric as part of and overall training program. Plyometrics is considered its own type of exercise in an athletic training program. You are correct that these programs need to be ran for up to three months then the program needs to be revised. For athletes we call this periodization programs, which takes advantage of whatever season a athlete is in, If he is in offseason, or pre-season ect ect.
    Thanks for the clarifying that MS.

Mad13: thats what I was saying. I don't really understand why you're putting all three stages into each day. I think that would be extremely ineffectively. Honestly I've done around 5 cycles of plyometrics training (for basketball!!!!). You will see GREAT improvements to your overall game if you incorporate the endurance stage into your training. I would never suggest overlooking it.

The reason: you will achieve the gains in vert from the strength / plyometrics portions, but in order to keep that new vertical jump consistent, you must master prolonged jumping. (i.e. 40 box jumps continuously, with no recovery time on the floor, just instantaneous rebounding off the balls of your feet.) Private message me if you'd like some more information on Jump training. I might have some old training schedules kicking around on my computer. Good luck though.

P.S. remember to stretch at least 20 minutes a day 10 pre and post workout, it'll make the biggest difference in muscle growth / ability to recover from the strain of jump training.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=A2thej2008;4372060]Research done on Olympians at the 1964 Olympics in Mexico revealed
    that Olympic lifters had higher vertical leap than high jumpers and faster 25 meter sprint times than 100m sprinters. The goal of training with OL is to
    develop explosive speed-strength, the ability to express strength very fast.
    This training develops power as well as trains the nervous system for rapid
    contractions.

----------------------------------Now To Prove myself wrong if this is what you want, but i must say Winny is the wrong choice

I guess I have seriously missed your point....

Are you saying that if you took drugs only to improve your vertical that this would not work. Because if thats the case I would agree with you.

My point is that if your using AAS and training correctly, your going to potential put more inches on your vertical than if you did not use AAS and was training correctly. I am not sure if winny is or isnt a good choice for this specifically, I meant AAS in general.

^^^Good stuff i agree with that, cannot argue it lol

Legolas is offline Associate Member
    AAS is not going to help your Jump. Maybe HGH, But well winny is just going to mess up your joints GL though
    Is winstrol considered an AAS ? i thought winstrol is only anabolic and not androgenic ........

Thanks for the clarifying that MS.

Mad13: thats what I was saying. I don't really understand why you're putting all three stages into each day. I think that would be extremely ineffectively. Honestly I've done around 5 cycles of plyometrics training (for basketball!!!!). You will see GREAT improvements to your overall game if you incorporate the endurance stage into your training. I would never suggest overlooking it.

The reason: you will achieve the gains in vert from the strength / plyometrics portions, but in order to keep that new vertical jump consistent, you must master prolonged jumping. (i.e. 40 box jumps continuously, with no recovery time on the floor, just instantaneous rebounding off the balls of your feet.) Private message me if you'd like some more information on Jump training. I might have some old training schedules kicking around on my computer. Good luck though.

P.S. remember to stretch at least 20 minutes a day 10 pre and post workout, it'll make the biggest difference in muscle growth / ability to recover from the strain of jump training.
    Ok, yah im stretching everyday...But im not asking for some 10 inches in an incredible 12 weeks...Im giving myself 4 months wich is pretty long...Don't you think that my program should get me that???

10" in 3 - 4 months is completely possible though. I wouldn't classify a gain like that has "incredible." I don't really understand why would you expect / settle for less out of your body..

You're already going to to do the training, which is going to be the most painful part.. Why not just do the training correctly, and make the most substantial gains possible? (it'll just mean less plyometrics cycles in the future) If it was me, I would definitely revise the schedule. The one you're follow is no where near "correct." You just aren't giving your body enough time to recover properly. (although you're giving it 2.5 - 3 days in between workouts, much more is required i.e. as previously posted, for maximized results, you must break it into those 4 components)

I don't mean to sound like mom.. haha.. I've just done a lot of plyometrics in my life, and have made mistakes.. After a lot of trial and error, I have found that a scheduled training regiment is crucial. Good luck with the training.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Is winstrol considered an AAS ? i thought winstrol is only anabolic and not androgenic ........
    AS and AAS are used interchangably, though the andro/anabol ratio of winny is 30:220 so it is both if you want to be technical

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member

-AJ
    Totally disagree

Like sayin test wont make you bench more,, if the muscles in your legs are stronger you will be able to exert more force from them thus increasing your vert. I could hit a baseball a shit load further when i was on winny only.

10" in 3 - 4 months is completely possible though. I wouldn't classify a gain like that has "incredible." I don't really understand why would you expect / settle for less out of your body..

You're already going to to do the training, which is going to be the most painful part.. Why not just do the training correctly, and make the most substantial gains possible? (it'll just mean less plyometrics cycles in the future) If it was me, I would definitely revise the schedule. The one you're follow is no where near "correct." You just aren't giving your body enough time to recover properly. (although you're giving it 2.5 - 3 days in between workouts, much more is required i.e. as previously posted, for maximized results, you must break it into those 4 components)

I don't mean to sound like mom.. haha.. I've just done a lot of plyometrics in my life, and have made mistakes.. After a lot of trial and error, I have found that a scheduled training regiment is crucial. Good luck with the training.
    Well, since i didn't starded the workout yet, would you mind helping me fixing my schedule then??? It would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    AS and AAS are used interchangably, though the andro/anabol ratio of winny is 30:220 so it is both if you want to be technical
    do the testees stop workin when ur on winstrol ?

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    do the testees stop workin when ur on winstrol ?
    Absolutely.

This is an interesting thread.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexecution View Post
    Absolutely.

Id say depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexecution View Post
    Absolutely.

But u dont need a pct after a winstrol cycle , are u sure they stop workin ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information