Thread: Why Clomid?

kdizzog is offline Associate Member

Why Clomid?

I always here that the ideal PCT consits of nolvdex and clomid. I read the total opposits onother sites. One I will post a link to. It basically states that the two drugs are amlost exactly the same one is just way more powerful. Is there any truth behind this? If there is why is clomid still being used, just from word of mouth from old juice heads?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catnolv.htm

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    cus they sell both of them on their banner above,, lol

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    I think this should be in the PCT forum. And some of the stickied threads in that forum go into detail why you should use both.

I have read the stickies. But the article I posted says the complete opposit. I didn't know where to post. I don't need advise on my PCT. I was wondering if there is any truth in the article. And the difference between the 2 compounds.

Oh I was just saying the differences are explained in the threads.

I was justasking if there are any truths in this article?

Here is a couple of copied and pasted quotes from the PCT stickies. It doesn't answer my question, and to tell you the truth they both contradict each other... Please don't judge my low posts and link it to stupidity. I am eager to learn. From what ive read outside this forum clomid is pointless. So if you can give me some knowledge, fire away.

This most likely indicates some kind of upregulation of the LH-receptors due to the anti-estrogenic effect Nolvadex has at the pituitary. Although both Nolvadex and Clomid are both SERMs, they are actually quite different. As you already know, Nolvadex is highly anti-estrogenic at the hypothalamus and pituitary, while Clomid exhibits weak estrogenic activity at the pituitary (7), which as you can guess, is less than ideal. It should be avoided for the PCT I’m suggesting…and in fact, avoided in general…it’s simply not as good as Nolvadex.

Need I even add that the 150mgs of Clomid you need to get the hormonal increase experienced with 20mgs of Nolvadex is much more expensive? So lets dump the Clomid…and no, using it along with Nolvadex will provide no “synergy” that I’ve ever seen in any relevant study

Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) : This drug is also a SERM, almost identicle to Nolva. It is said to be a weaker blocker mg for mg than Nolva. Its common use is in PCT, usually for about a month, used after HCG and all AAS esters have run out of your body. Even though it is weaker than Nolva at blocking, it is believed to be quicker at bringing HPTA back to balance. Both are commonly used during PCT. It binds to different receptors than Nolva. There is a lot of debate on this, but until there is solid proof, it may be prudent to include this in your PCT. Commonly taken at about 100mg a day.
    Last edited by kdizzog; 01-26-2009 at 04:53 PM.

I did read the article man, but I really didn't see it as him saying they are exactly the same. Although he did mention their similarities because they are both SERMs, he also noted a few differences. I just took it mainly as him stating why he thinks nolva is a superior compound and why clomid isn't really needed, which lots of members here believe too.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Ive never run clomid at any time. Do a search and you will find bros that have suffered eye damage as well as crying like some biotch while on clomid. Nolva can work just fine without clomid.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    hmm now see if i had to only pick 1 it would be clomid.... oh well ...i use both as part my pct...
    btw - while on cycle (test) igf will be increased even if using nolva to combat estrogen(test increase in igf will most likely offset the decrease in igf caused by low dose nolva) . Now post cycle ....nolva may negatively effect igf when it is potentially very important.... its all cost / benefits I guess...........
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 01-26-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Jimmy, is there any study that can support dan duchains claim that nolvadex negativley effects igf? And if this is true what would this small factor have on the precentage of gains kept? I have read the article. But many more saying basically that it's nothing at all to worry about.
    Last edited by kdizzog; 01-26-2009 at 05:57 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ i think its relative (BTW no i never looked for the study , just dans article and interviews re this topic) ...like i said its cost /benefit - restoration of natty test production is prob more important than igf. Also Dan mentions that the older we get with igf levels being lower - the potential 25% decrease in igf levels is less of a factor. Its a interesting point of note however - one more albeit small factor that makes me wanna experiment with torimefene in pct .....

Thread Information