mbydalek is offline New Member

steroid injection possibly infected

I just took 500 mgs/2cc's of testosterone enanthate on monday. ITs wednesday and the site is swollen (a little) and warm and mildly red. It hurts to lay on my side but not really bad 2-3 on a scale of 1-10. This is my first cycle ever, is my body just reacting to the shot or what. Should i split the dose up. Any ideas would be really helpfull.
    Thanks
    Mitch Bydalek

TTexas is offline Associate Member
    its really hard to say..

I know thats happened to me a couple times (but never with test e) and it eventually went away

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Yes you should be splitting your shots up. Warm and red is not good, don't let this turn into an abscess.

Mammon is offline Banned ~ Scammer
    yeah definately keep an eye on it.. if mild fever or it starts to spread id get it checked out

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    Yup, keep an eye on it like said above. That must reall hurt to inj two cc into a virgin muscle at once. Split those shots up, and make sure you inject VERY slowly. and also run the gear under some warm water before inj so it's smoother

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Yeah, inject 1cc on Monday, and another 1cc on Thursday. This will keep your blood levels of test more stable producing fewer unwanted side effects. And your injections will be less painful.

abcess

What do i do if it turns into an abcess will i know. How long will it take

Quote Originally Posted by TTexas View Post
    its really hard to say..

I know thats happened to me a couple times (but never with test e) and it eventually went away
    Did you have to redness and swelling or what, im pretty sure its not infected just sore from my body not being use to it and i injected alot. My other concern is im at about 25% body fat do you think i didnt get it into a muscle

Mammon is offline Banned ~ Scammer
    what length pin did you use..
    also, should have dropped a little BF first.. but that dont mater at this point

austin4023 is offline Junior Member
    where did u inject, what length pin?

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    Soak the area good in the shower with hot water and also massage it, especially when that hard ball is in the injection spot. Shouldn't be anything, but you have to keep your eye on it and switch sides each shot.

jj0824 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy

my first shot went exactly how you describe. Turns out i was just flexing when i injected.

pin length

the length of the pin is 1 1/4 inch. I shot it in my glute. The swelling is going down but there is still alot of red in the area.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Virgin muscle probubally. If the swelling is going down you'll be fine. What does your cycle look like?

higherdesire is offline Banned
    25% body fat in a concern. Your sides can be really exagerated for one thing.

Darksyde is offline Member
    is that your real name? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    Virgin muscle probubally. If the swelling is going down you'll be fine. What does your cycle look like?
    the swelling and redness have gone down. My cycle is a basic begginner one. 500 mgs of testosterone enanthate a week

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbydalek View Post
    I just took 500 mgs/2cc's of testosterone enanthate on monday. ITs wednesday and the site is swollen (a little) and warm and mildly red. It hurts to lay on my side but not really bad 2-3 on a scale of 1-10. This is my first cycle ever, is my body just reacting to the shot or what. Should i split the dose up. Any ideas would be really helpfull.
    Thanks
    Mitch Bydalek
    at the beginning of a prop cycle after i inject the quads, there are days where it hurts to kneel down. But it goes away. I did however get an infection in my right quad last cycle. Don't know how, but thats another story. I always have anti-biotics on hand just in case. The difference b/w my infection and the pain and soreness of a reg injection was it looked like there my a tennis ball growing on the side of my quad. I was disgusting. A week of anti-biotics and it disappeared.... Never put heat on a possible infection it will aid in the growth of bacteria. Always apply ice. Give it a week. If shit goes south see a doctor.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Maybe the OP said this, but is the swelling covering a general area or is it very contained to the site of the injection? If the area is overall red and warm, not as concerning as if the site where the needle entered is specifically swollen.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the swelling and redness have gone down. My cycle is a basic begginner one. 500 mgs of testosterone enanthate a week
    Good cycle choice. Be sure that for the remaining weeks you split up your injections into two a week. Like Sun/Wed or Mon/Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    Good cycle choice. Be sure that for the remaining weeks you split up your injections into two a week. Like Sun/Wed or Mon/Thurs.
    is the 1 1/4 needle to long or do you think because its my first injection, thats why it swelled up.

Joker111086 is offline Associate Member
    hehe i had the same problem with the swelling rednesss and warmth under my skin, like 4th week in shot 300mg deca into my glute and 4-5 days later bam! hard as a rock and red and warm to the touch, shit spreaded down my leg... but after like a week it went away? was weird dont know why it even happend

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    You can get sterile abscesses which go away on there own (I believe) and are just the body's reaction to a foreign compound.

kloan is offline Junior Member
    It's normal.

My first time as well.. first 3-4 shots in each site swelled up, was warm to the touch, and ached. It always went away in a few days.

It's perfectly normal.

My shots still ache a slight bit now, but don't really swell up.. but the site is always a little warm after the shot for a couple days. I think it depends on the mix.

The only time to start worrying is if it gets progressively worse as the week goes on. Also, an infection takes a few days to start, so if it hurts right away, it's most likely NOT an infection. If however, you're fine for a few days, and then it starts to hurt, and swells up, gets hot to the touch, etc and gets worse every day, then you go see a doc and get antibiotics asap.

But as others have already said, you should break it up into two shots a week instead. It'll be less likely to hurt after the shot once your body adjusts, and it's better for keeping stable blood levels (from what I've read).

Also, you should heat the oil prior to drawing as well as that will also help with painless post-injections.

Joker111086 is offline Associate Member
    yea i bugged on on the forums about it i thought they were going to have to cut off my leg, i used alcohol on the vial and my glute and then put it on a paper towel and wiped after shot was administered i was super clean i didnt see how i could have gotten infected. then threw on a flinstones bandaid

gehirin is offline Junior Member
    I would agree that it's a normal response to a first time injection. Same experience with myself. Once you get your technique down and your body/muscles are used to injections, it gets easy. I really do feel anything. Just dull soreness from some steroids like test prop ect..

Make sure you have a good technique: Swab the vial and injection site with the alcohol pad. I usually use two pads. I use a large gauge needle (like 16-19G) to draw up the steroids into the syringe then switch the needle for a smaller guage (25G for thigh). I do this since drawing out multiple steroids into a single syringe using the same needle dulls the needle and injecting with that same needle would cause more damage to the injections site (pain!). Inject slowly and try not to more the needle.

Just takes practice. Come easy after a while.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    is the 1 1/4 needle to long or do you think because its my first injection, thats why it swelled up.
    first injection

and

too much too soon in one spot, esp if it's virgin muscle.

1cc twice a week, rotate your sites.

glute, shoulder (delts), thigh. easy 6 right there.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Last edited by sigman roid; 05-08-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Thread Information