Thread: Need Help!!!

lollygaggerb47 is offline New Member

Question Need Help!!!

I recently had a spinal fusion on my L5 S1. Its been a year since the surgery and i have lost 25 pounds from not eating right and just being in the dump depressed.I am gonna start all over now and get my self back on track. I have not lifted in years and have never taken any supplements.Just wondering if anyone could lead me in the direction that i need to go to gain weight and muscle mass at the same time FAST!!!

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Workout for several months and get your diet down to a science before you think about AAS.

bigguy44 is offline Junior Member
    Certainly your going to need a good solid diet. Without it you wont make any gains. Remember that you need at least 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. And an absolute solid diet like I said to see some results. Supplements I wouldnt advise if your still taking any pain medication for the surgery, and absolutely taking to your doctor about what type of physical strain you can put on your back. Deadlifts, squats, even done correctly could have a negative impact on your back. Good luck!

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by lollygaggerb47 View Post
    I recently had a spinal fusion on my L5 S1. Its been a year since the surgery and i have lost 25 pounds from not eating right and just being in the dump depressed.I am gonna start all over now and get my self back on track. I have not lifted in years and have never taken any supplements.Just wondering if anyone could lead me in the direction that i need to go to gain weight and muscle mass at the same time FAST!!!
    Well, you kind of answered your own question here.

Get your eating and your workouts back on track. Muscle has memory so it won't take that long to get back

I wouldnt' think steroids are the way to go just yet, you can consider them later after you get back to where you were at least. give it a solid year or more

you will have to adjust your training to accommodate your fusion. I have had two surgeries for similar problems and can no longer squat heavy but I adjusted with other exercises that I could do

lollygaggerb47 is offline New Member
    Thanks guys for your input.I really do need to get back to eating good.I dont take any pain meds bc the where killing my stomach and not letting me eat right. I eat a lot of meat and got some whey and creatine today for a start.

Thread Information