Mase33 is offline Associate Member

Two different schools of thought.

So I have heard two different opinions about after you inject. The first is that after you inject you should massage the area for a few seconds. The second says that you should not. Any opinions on this?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    only massage i get is at the tai place down the street.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I've never needed to. I inject very slowly to give the oil time to absorb, and have never had any issues.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I think I used to rub the inj site on my first cycle years ago.

Never done it since.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how long it takes you to inject, there should be no need to massage. I've heard stories (rumors) or massaging after and getting an infection because some of the oil goes sub q instead of IM. Not saying it's true, but scary enough for me not to

Mase33 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the input. I currently do not massage the area and after reading your responses i will continue not to.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Depending on how long it takes you to inject, there should be no need to massage. I've heard stories (rumors) or massaging after and getting an infection because some of the oil goes sub q instead of IM. Not saying it's true, but scary enough for me not to
    I posted an article on this a while back and i agree. Massaging the area directly after injecting can cause some of the solution to go back up the needle track and into sub Q tissues causing more PIP.
    As said earlier, take at least 10secs per ml and leave the needle in for a further 10secs after injecting this will cause less PIP and leave no need for massaging.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    I would think the only time massaging might be good is if its virgin muscle.

RoidBoid is offline Member
    i thought massaging the area of every shot was a good idea, a to relive the pain partially and also to spread the oil to stop oil from becoming a bulge under the skin?

Quote Originally Posted by RoidBoid View Post
    i thought massaging the area of every shot was a good idea, a to relive the pain partially and also to spread the oil to stop oil from becoming a bulge under the skin?
    If you follow the protocol mentioned in the previous posts there is no need.
    That bulge shouldn't be there anyway if you are injecting properly and slowly.
    But if ppl insist on doing it i would advise to wait a couple of minutes after injecting, the best way to do what you say is to work the muscle you jabbed as increased blood flow to the area will dissipate any residual oil.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    If you utialize the ztrack method and massage afterwards i wouldnt see that big of a problem if you massaged aftwards. But as stated if you inject slow and give the oil time to disperse in the muscle you dont need to massage it.

Also i guess rubbing the area with an alcohol swab afterwards would be partial massaging. I dont think the horror stories are as big of a problem as people thing.

i was gonna say, lol .... it helped me massaging the area, i always shot on my training days too so it got the stiffness out

Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    If you utialize the ztrack method and massage afterwards i wouldnt see that big of a problem if you massaged aftwards. But as stated if you inject slow and give the oil time to disperse in the muscle you dont need to massage it.

Also i guess rubbing the area with an alcohol swab afterwards would be partial massaging. I dont think the horror stories are as big of a problem as people thing.
    I agree and wrote an article on reducing PIP for this forum but trying to use the z track method anywhere but glutes and quads is a bit of a problem lol.

ztrack- ?

Quote Originally Posted by RoidBoid View Post
    ztrack- ?
    There you go mate.

How to employ the Z track method?
    Firstly get your injection point, then pull the skin across or down from that point, this moves the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues a centimetre or two, this helps reduce the sensitivity of nerve endings, remembering to keep an eye on the injection point.

Next insert the needle sharply in at a 90dg angle to the depth you need.
    Inject the steroid (after aspirating) at a rate of about 10 secs/ml, when fully injected keep the needle in place for another 10secs, so allowing the steroid to seep into the muscle.
    Remove the syringe quickly, at exactly the angle you went in and release the skin, this is what stops any of your steroid leaking out and reduces bleeds, then apply a little pressure to the area, but don't massage the area, this can cause some of the oil to be released back up the needle track and into subcutaneous tissue, which can lead to swelling and PIP.

Exercising the muscle afterwards will assist the absorption of the steroid by increasing blood flow to the area.

Finally, if you know where and how to inject safely into the ventrogluteal muscle, this is the best choice as there are no major nerves or blood vessel.

Thread Information