phat_matt85 is offline Member

1st cycle Test E + Clen (I have diet and cardio question)

Age - 23 years old
    Weight - 200 lbs
    Height - 5' 11"
    Bfat - 13 % or might be little less

First cycle:

Test E (500mg/wk) for 12 weeks.

14 days off

PCT- pct clomid (50/50/25/25) and nolva (40/20/20/20). or
    clomid (100/100/50/50) and nolva (40/40/20/20).
    Clen -2 weeks on 2 weeeks off. starting at 60 mcg and working it up to what ever i feel works for me. i also might run clen sometime with Test, not sure yet.

Diet: I want to stay as lean as posible while on this cycle, possibly burn some fat while on test before i hit the clen.
    How many grams on Protein, carbs, fats, or even sugar. do u eat while on cycle? I guess this goes to guys with my weight. Im just interesting on what you guys do and what worked for you.

Cardio : How much cardio do you do while on test? Do you do high or low intensity? Do you think if you do high intesity cardio everyday while on test my heart will grow? lol ur prob like wtf..

Work out : Is it better to do everyday lifting on the cycle? or take a day or 2 off? Also since my strengh will go up, should i do low reps or mix it up? one week high rep one week low rep? I want to get as much as i can out of this cycle so thanks for all your help.

perry75K is offline New Member
    try to get 1.5 grams per pound of body weight, 1 per isnt enough.

run the eliptical 4 times a week on fat burn for 20 mins

you can workout however much you want, just let muscles rest for at least 48 hours

ericm6901 is offline New Member
    if u want to get down to the nitty gritty then a good cutting diet would be as follows

25-30% fat
    15-20% carb
    50-55% protein

^^^^to figure this you need to know that the calorie intake for each fat, protein, and carbs:

1 gram fat = 9 calories
    1 gram protein = 4 calories
    1 gram carb = 4 calories

so if ur goal is lets say 2500 calories a day you would calculate:
    grams of fat x 9
    grams of carbs x 4
    grams of protein x 4

then divide each by 2500, which will give u the % of calories breakdown.

EX: 315 g protein, 107 g carbs, 103 g fat = 2,615 calories (which amounts to around the percentages stated earlier)

fats should come from peanuts, flax oils, lean meat like salmon

carbs should be low g.i carbs and not consumed before fat intake as the carbs will spike your insulin and allow the fats to be stored

protein can come from 2 or 3 shakes a day and the rest from natural sources fish is good because of the amino acids, chicken or lean meat, eggs in the morning.

well thats about as into it as i'm going to go, hope that might help you out.
    Last edited by ericm6901; 02-17-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Very good info ericm6901 . i never thought of not to have carbd before fats, it makes sense though.

Should i do cardio on empty stomach while on cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by phat_matt85 View Post
    Very good info ericm6901 . i never thought of not to have carbd before fats, it makes sense though.

Should i do cardio on empty stomach while on cycle?

Cardio is always more effective when ur body has not taken in carbs for a while because the bodies main source of energy is carbs, so when the body has no stored carbs (glycogen) your body begins to use up fat deposits for energy. In the morning is the best time to do cardio, as your body has usually had a long break from carb intake. But if u feel like u have to eat then try a shake MIXED IN WATER, Just make sure its a low sugar and fat free food. Only time i would suggest eating before cardio is if u do more than 45 minutes of cardio.

Do you lift heavy low reps threw out the whole cycle? or do you switch up?

RoidBoid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm6901 View Post
    Cardio is always more effective when ur body has not taken in carbs for a while because the bodies main source of energy is carbs, so when the body has no stored carbs (glycogen) your body begins to use up fat deposits for energy. In the morning is the best time to do cardio, as your body has usually had a long break from carb intake. But if u feel like u have to eat then try a shake MIXED IN WATER, Just make sure its a low sugar and fat free food. Only time i would suggest eating before cardio is if u do more than 45 minutes of cardio.

IMO i wouldnt suggest getting up then having a shake and doing cardio, you should get some food inside you then maybe have a shake after you eggs,oatmeal or granary bread or even half a shake before... and the other half after...soon followed by maybe tin of tuna or some other high quality protein and a carb

Quote Originally Posted by RoidBoid View Post
    IMO i wouldnt suggest getting up then having a shake and doing cardio, you should get some food inside you then maybe have a shake after you eggs,oatmeal or granary bread or even half a shake before... and the other half after...soon followed by maybe tin of tuna or some other high quality protein and a carb

yeah i meant shake before your actual workout if you do cardio and weightlifting in the gym

Do any of you take pre work out drink for ex. No-shotgun, superpump250 while on cycle? Or are u naturally motivated and ready to push hard at anytime on cycle?

Thread Information