MyLiverIsFailing is offline Junior Member

my doctor says finasteride does help hairline

i see all over the internet about hairloss and also in steroid forums that propecia/proscar/finasteride doesnt help improve a receeding hairline. my doc prescribed me to a years worth of finasteride today and said it will almost completely restore the top of my head and somewhat will improve my hairline,... -- point is,... "somewhat" is better than "not at all", which is what i commonly hear about it -- i hope he's right tho cuz test and winny are about to meet my ass --- thought i'd share this with you guys - give the balding some hope, ya know

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    tell your doctor you will bet him money that it doesnt. it certainly wont if you are taking winny.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    ^^ i know first hand fina works.. i didn't use anything my first cycle and my head was shedding hair like a siberian husky in the desert... i started using a very low dosage of fina and my hair is actually thickening...

not sayin your lieing jigga, just saying it effects people differently

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    ^^ i know first hand fina works.. i didn't use anything my first cycle and my head was shedding hair like a siberian husky in the desert... i started using a very low dosage of fina and my hair is actually thickening...

not sayin your lieing jigga, just saying it effects people differently
    i wouldnt say that either. please read:
    In a 5-year study of men with mild to moderate hair loss, 48% of those treated with Propecia (finasteride 1mg) experienced some regrowth of hair, and a further 42% had no further loss. Average hair count in the treatment group remained above baseline, and showed an increasing difference from hair count in the placebo group, for all five years of the study.[10] Propecia is effective only for as long as it is taken; the hair gained or maintained is lost within 6-12 months of ceasing therapy.[11] In clinical studies, Propecia, like minoxidil, was shown to work on both the crown area and the hairline,[12] but is most successful in the crown area.

odds are it wont regrow any hair. it will prevent hair loss from inhibiting test conversion to DHT, but thats not the only mechanism by which hair loss works. keep in mind, these studies are conducted on men who ARENT TAKING STEROIDS , which will most definitely aggravate the condition, particularly with DHTs (especially winstrol ). further, i noticed very bad shedding after one of my cyles and it went away on its own somewhat. so...

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    yea.. there's a grey area about this subject matter..

better to play safe then sorry.. i'd say .25mg e3d or e4d would be a safe bet (i'd know, im taking it)

yeah true. you dont have anything to lose by taking it.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I plan on taking it next cycle. Not to regrow hair, just not to lose anymore. I'll be taking test/tren /winny. Last two cycles I've noticed hairloss in goofy places and I hope to prevent it this time.

oak2429 is offline Associate Member
    ive heard that propecia causes gyno? is this true and i heard it can lower test levels

Quote Originally Posted by oak2429 View Post
    ive heard that propecia causes gyno? is this true and i heard it can lower test levels
    sorta untrue and definitely untrue. it inhibits testosterone metabolism to dihydrotestosterone thus your test levels will actually be somewhat higher, however this leaves all the test that would have been metabolized into dihydrotestosterone available to be converted into estrogen instead. so it can cause gyno, it likely wont, but its good to keep that in mind.

RoidBoid is offline Member
    jesus, my doctor tells me to get fukd when i asked for fina or duta on script, screwin

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    sorta untrue and definitely untrue. it inhibits testosterone metabolism to dihydrotestosterone thus your test levels will actually be somewhat higher, however this leaves all the test that would have been metabolized into dihydrotestosterone available to be converted into estrogen instead. so it can cause gyno, it likely wont, but its good to keep that in mind.
    you might want to add that DHT competes for the estro receptor
    this is most likely the more powerful mechanism at work than extra estro

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    you might want to add that DHT competes for the estro receptor
    this is most likely the more powerful mechanism at work than extra estro
    Very true.

And if someone is using a dht in his cycle, you should get a topical AR blocker like spiro because fina will not prevent loss from dht derivates.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    Very true.

And if someone is using a dht in his cycle, you should get a topical AR blocker like spiro because fina will not prevent loss from dht derivates.
    Hugo, whats up bro? Have not seen you around in awhile. How is that hair doing? haha...

you doing any cycle soon?

*Sorry about hijacking thread*

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    you got PM.

Thread Information