John88Test is offline Member

Finasteride vs. Dutasteride on blast/cruise

Ok I am currently on a cruise portion of TRT then going to blast with a 500mg per week cycle of Test Enanthate and a very low dose of 15-20mg of Dianabol per day for 4 weeks. I currently take 2.5mg of Finasteride a day and 0.5mg Arimidex EOD. My question is that I have noticed my hair thinning over the last year or so but at a VERY slow pace. Should I drop the finasteride and jump on Dutasteride? I have used it before at 0.5mg ED and started to get a lot of breast tenderness, so I stopped. I was wondering what you guys use out there either on TRT or on cycles. I don’t have a history of MPB but I have noticed thinning. I know it’s a losing battle but I would like to keep it as long as possible as I am only 27. Should I take the dutasteride EOD, or maybe twice a week? What about Finasteride all week and Dutasteride once a week? I am trying to find a good balance between keeping my hair, gaining muscle, and not growing breasts. It’s difficult.

By cruise portion I mean I take low dose year round and up the dose to 500mg twice a year.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John88Test View Post
    Ok I am currently on a cruise portion of TRT then going to blast with a 500mg per week cycle of Test Enanthate and a very low dose of 15-20mg of Dianabol per day for 4 weeks. I currently take 2.5mg of Finasteride a day and 0.5mg Arimidex EOD. My question is that I have noticed my hair thinning over the last year or so but at a VERY slow pace. Should I drop the finasteride and jump on Dutasteride? I have used it before at 0.5mg ED and started to get a lot of breast tenderness, so I stopped. I was wondering what you guys use out there either on TRT or on cycles. I don’t have a history of MPB but I have noticed thinning. I know it’s a losing battle but I would like to keep it as long as possible as I am only 27. Should I take the dutasteride EOD, or maybe twice a week? What about Finasteride all week and Dutasteride once a week? I am trying to find a good balance between keeping my hair, gaining muscle, and not growing breasts. It’s difficult.
    I have taken Dutasteride EOD and I can tell you that I still had issues with low sex drive, even at .5mg EOD!!!

It never really affected my 'breasts' or gave me gyno.

.5mg of Dutasteride ED would be insanity for myself.

My next cycle I am going to drop it down to .5 E3D along with topicals...

Did you use Finasteride before the Dutasteride? And I am assuming you only use it on cycle huh. I hear that Dutasteride could be bad because it reduces DHT in the brain. So do you think Finasteride 6 days and duta 1 day would work or duta E3Ds with no finasteride would work better. This regimen would be year round mind you.

RoidBoid is offline Member
    i would start on dina b4 moving to duta, IMO ..... u need to see were u stand before going onto duta

I seem to be doing ok on the fina but the more is better syndrome kicks in. Can I keep more on duta as opposed to the fina. I mean lets be honest, its only a matter of time until it all goes, all one can do is slow the process until either we decide to say **** it ill shave it, or there is a cure. I mean if one is MPB prone of course.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    rogaine + nizoral 2% + duta has reversed my mpb
    everyone is different though
    depends how well the stuff is glued to your head in the first place
    if you've got the genetics of george costanza, it's gonna go

how about not taking the d-bol?
    you gotta frontload the duta
    if you take 0.5mg ed for 2 weeks you'll be at the level of what 0.1mg ed would become stable at.
    Arimidex I would think would take care of gyno concerns. Were you taking it when you had problems before?

Did you use Finasteride before the Dutasteride? And I am assuming you only use it on cycle huh. I hear that Dutasteride could be bad because it reduces DHT in the brain. So do you think Finasteride 6 days and duta 1 day would work or duta E3Ds with no finasteride would work better. This regimen would be year round mind you.
    they both reduce dht in the brain
    some people report brain fog after years on the stuff

I was on 0.5mg Arimidex EOD while on the 0.5mg Duta ED. Even with taking it at that dose I was still getting puffy nips and breast enlargement. I was thinking maybe I can take the duta only twice a week or maybe once and run finasteride on the other days. I am just trying to find a happy medium here. I also hear that finasteride has a lot less side effects than the duta. Should i just continue on the finasteride or do you think i should go with the duta. I have both. I dont like the really long half life of the duta. If the gyno flares up again even WITH the Arimidex. It will be a problem for weeks because of the half life.

whatever you feel good doing
    you could up the arimidex and go with duta and have nolva on hand too
    you could up the finasteride to 5 mg and just go with that

What would you do? I am hearing horror stories about Dutasteride and the long half life scares me away from it. I think on trt and a blast dose of 500mg Test Ent, 2.5mg Finasteride ED should be enough, dont u think. Otherwise I guess I can go to 5mg ED, The Arimidex I get is expensive as hell. Its legit pharm arm so I like to use it at .05 EOD or at the most ED. ugh what a pain in the ass all this is. Why cant I have it all! Lots of muscle, full head of hair and zero GYNO ever! haha.

What would you do? I am hearing horror stories about Dutasteride and the long half life scares me away from it. I think on trt and a blast dose of 500mg Test Ent, 2.5mg Finasteride ED should be enough, dont u think. Otherwise I guess I can go to 5mg ED, The Arimidex I get is expensive as hell. Its legit pharm arm so I like to use it at .05 EOD or at the most ED. ugh what a pain in the ass all this is. Why cant I have it all! Lots of muscle, full head of hair and zero GYNO ever! haha.
    Main reason I go with Duta before Fina is because if the chit hits the fan I would rather have Duta. It is more powerful and all I have to do is increase the dose, whereas if Fina does not work, your screwed. Why? No script for MPB for that medication, you going to have to wait for it.

Unless you want to just stock up on both. Then problem solved.

Deleted
    Last edited by John88Test; 09-22-2009 at 12:11 AM.

I have enough Pharm Finasteride & Pharm Dutasteride for the next 5 years total. 2.5 year supply each. So if chit does hit the fan I'll start hitting the duta. I'd just rather not until it comes down to it. I am hoping to keep my hair on the finasteride and I never run test doeses over 500mg per week.
    Yeah, if I were in your position I would stick to the Finasteride and if hell breaks loose then go to the Dutasteride. I never go over 500mg of Test anymore either.

I try to keep my cycles fairly simple and use lots of topicals to protect the hair!

Got any advice on a good topical besides minoxidil or adding something to the minoxidil? Thanks bro.

bump

davpet is offline New Member
    Got any advice on a good topical besides minoxidil or adding something to the minoxidil? Thanks bro.
    Trying crushing up some flutamide and finasteride tablets and mixing that into your minoxidil.

The study why you should do this : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Quote Originally Posted by davpet View Post
    Trying crushing up some flutamide and finasteride tablets and mixing that into your minoxidil.

The study why you should do this : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum
    How much should I break up and add into the minoxidil. I dont know much about flutamide.

davpet is offline New Member
    How much should I break up and add into the minoxidil. I dont know much about flutamide.
    For the Flutamide 1250mg/60ml of Minoxidil, will give you just over 2% solution (the pills come in 250mg).

For the finasteride i've heard of adding 30mg/60ml of Minoxidil i.e. 6X5mg of generic proscar.

Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen. It's prevents DHT (or any other androgen) from binding to the androgen receptor. It is used orally to treat prostate cancer.

Yeah.

Azelaic Acid
    Polysorbate 80 Shampoo
    Spironolactone 5% cream
    Nizoral 2%

Big Nicky the fish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro View Post
    I have taken Dutasteride EOD and I can tell you that I still had issues with low sex drive, even at .5mg EOD!!!

It never really affected my 'breasts' or gave me gyno.

.5mg of Dutasteride ED would be insanity for myself.

My next cycle I am going to drop it down to .5 E3D along with topicals...
    It affected my "Breasts" i lost a cup size lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nicky the fish View Post
    It affected my "Breasts" i lost a cup size lol jk
    lol--I know, I was replying to him saying "breast tenderness".

LOL! It does look funny now that I look back onto the post.

Why have a g/f when I can play with my own titties!

Oh ha. ha. ha. I am going to try and add 6 proscar pills to my minoxidil. I'll just grind them up and put them in.

Thread Information