QuadPower is offline Associate Member

Post mortem of first cycle- how can I improve?

Guys, I'm trying to do a *post-mortem* of my cycle. Though it started off pretty well, shit went down towards the end of the cycle and during PCT. My cycle was 500mg/wk of test e. Also used aridimix 0.25 ED for estrogen protection. PCT was HCG last 2 weeks + next 10 days, then clomid, nolva and aromasin for 5 weeks, tapering off.

To start with, let me confess that my diet was not up to par, and that was probably my biggest mistake. Even so, initially the cycle started well, I went from 194 to 209 during the first 10 weeks of the cycle. I feel some of it was fat/bloat though, since my diet was sub-par at best. However, last two weeks of the cycle, I came down with a shitty chest infection (going around in my workplace) and I was coughing up shit. I had to take two weeks off from the gym and I dropped a bit of weight. However, right around this time, I also had the worst heartbreak of my life. Initially it seemed not so bad, but then PCT hit, and OMFG, I was crying like a bitch for 2 weeks because I couldn't forget my girl. Well, turns out, I also had a ****ing relapse of the infection, and lost another week to no workout. Lost weight due to all this though, and currently holding at 200 pounds (****!). That's like 6 friggin pounds, all said and done.

Since then I've been working out well, and retained most of my strength on bench and squats. Squats went up from 225 to 295 ATG and still going strong at 275 now. Incline bench went up from 195 to 235, then down to 225 and holding. I do seem to have lost a lot of fat though, lots of folks in the gym remark how I have cut up (weird, though I'm heavier now, maybe its the extra cardio).

Anyway, here are my questions:

1. I want a critique, of what I did wrong, how I can do better and retain more mass next time around.
    2. Planning my next cycle I'll wait until end of July or end of august, then thinking of deca (400) + test(300 or 400). Also need info on proper PCT and estrogen/progesterone protection with deca in the mix. Is this a good cycle? Or should I try another test only cycle, but with everything else hopefully in place this time? At least the good news is that I don't have any noticeable sides at all, except for acne on my back.

Already I've decided to improve on my Achilles heel, which is diet. I will be posting in the diet forum ASAP, and plan is to be on a perfect diet for 2-3 months, PRIOR to starting the next cycle.

Anyway, discuss!!

QuadPower is offline Associate Member
    big, phate, etc? Where are the vets? Give it to me.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadPower View Post
    Guys, I'm trying to do a *post-mortem* of my cycle. Though it started off pretty well, shit went down towards the end of the cycle and during PCT. My cycle was 500mg/wk of test e. Also used aridimix 0.25 ED for estrogen protection. PCT was HCG last 2 weeks + next 10 days, then clomid, nolva and aromasin for 5 weeks, tapering off.

To start with, let me confess that my diet was not up to par, and that was probably my biggest mistake. Even so, initially the cycle started well, I went from 194 to 209 during the first 10 weeks of the cycle. I feel some of it was fat/bloat though, since my diet was sub-par at best. However, last two weeks of the cycle, I came down with a shitty chest infection (going around in my workplace) and I was coughing up shit. I had to take two weeks off from the gym and I dropped a bit of weight. However, right around this time, I also had the worst heartbreak of my life. Initially it seemed not so bad, but then PCT hit, and OMFG, I was crying like a bitch for 2 weeks because I couldn't forget my girl. Well, turns out, I also had a ****ing relapse of the infection, and lost another week to no workout. Lost weight due to all this though, and currently holding at 200 pounds (****!). That's like 6 friggin pounds, all said and done.

Since then I've been working out well, and retained most of my strength on bench and squats. Squats went up from 225 to 295 ATG and still going strong at 275 now. Incline bench went up from 195 to 235, then down to 225 and holding. I do seem to have lost a lot of fat though, lots of folks in the gym remark how I have cut up (weird, though I'm heavier now, maybe its the extra cardio).

1. I want a critique, of what I did wrong, how I can do better and retain more mass next time around. You already told us!
    2. Planning my next cycle I'll wait until end of July or end of august, then thinking of deca (400) + test(300 or 400). Also need info on proper PCT and estrogen/progesterone protection with deca in the mix. Is this a good cycle? Or should I try another test only cycle, but with everything else hopefully in place this time? At least the good news is that I don't have any noticeable sides at all, except for acne on my back. I'd throw deca in there. You already know what test does, including sides. I might bump it to 500mgs/week though.
    Already I've decided to improve on my Achilles heel, which is diet. I will be posting in the diet forum ASAP, and plan is to be on a perfect diet for 2-3 months, PRIOR to starting the next cycle.
    Sounds like you know what your problem was and you're fixing it. Good luck!
    Anyway, discuss!!
    In bold

lovex is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadPower View Post

1. I want a critique, of what I did wrong, how I can do better and retain more mass next time around.
    2. Planning my next cycle I'll wait until end of July or end of august, then thinking of deca (400) + test(300 or 400). Also need info on proper PCT and estrogen/progesterone protection with deca in the mix. Is this a good cycle? Or should I try another test only cycle, but with everything else hopefully in place this time? At least the good news is that I don't have any noticeable sides at all, except for acne on my back.

Anyway, discuss!!
    Diet is most important....
    steriod r just Hormones...which says body to build more muscles and relax quick from workout (inshort).
    In order to build muscles U need to have 3000 KCAL or more of cleandiet.

All your mistake is diet .....

regarding second cycle it looks ok 4 me
    Last edited by lovex; 03-16-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Thread Information