garythompson is offline Associate Member

anyone ever had RBC checked?

I was thinking about going to the doctor and getting my Red Blood Cell count checked. I think mine may be too high. i feel sluggish while on my cycle. 2 or 3 weeks ago I felt great. maybe my blood is too thick because sometimes my heart beats weird. anyway, has anyone ever had this checked? how much does it cost? how long does it take

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by garythompson View Post
    I was thinking about going to the doctor and getting my Red Blood Cell count checked. I think mine may be too high. i feel sluggish while on my cycle. 2 or 3 weeks ago I felt great. maybe my blood is too thick because sometimes my heart beats weird. anyway, has anyone ever had this checked? how much does it cost? how long does it take
    Sometimes your heart beats weird? I would def. get that checked out just to be safe.

palpitations.

bnjf is offline Junior Member
    I've had minor palpatations all my life even without steroids . I've been checked Numorous times cause i'm a hypercondriack-sp? Nothing wrong just me.If they were noticably worse on cycle I would probably stop right away. Have you checked your blood pressure?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I believe RBC is French for a Whales Vagina!!!

no blood pressure check yet. was going to get one at walmart. the doctor wanted 180 dollats w/o ins to check my blood. not going to do that. if my blood pressure is off i'm going to get a RBC check somewhere else i guess and get them to take some if needed, which should lower the RBC count.

2bshredded is offline Member
    Just go give blood, they'll give you your RBC.........Pretty simple

Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded View Post
    that's part of the routine??

Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded View Post
    anyone know if this is accurate?

I've been giving blood for years, every time they give me the results of the RBC. Can't hurt, all your doing is helping someone else out.

wouldn't my blood be bad for some people since i'm on steroids ? like a young child or a pregnant woman?

wouldn't my blood be bad for some people since i'm on steroids? like a young child or a pregnant woman?

Absloutely not............your body processed and filters it. I thought when I started giving blood, asked the same question.

On a side note: Typically when you donate your blood they take your:

Temperature
    Blood Pressure
    Pulse
    Hematocrit= RBC

Spartan ^ is offline Associate Member

steroids INCREASE red blood cells because your muscles demand the extra blood cells due to the increased amount of branch chain amino acid levels increasing. Basically your body thinks it is being deprived or needs do "make up" for something. Same principle as natty test shutting down "automatically" when you start taking test on cycle.

It is normal to feel a bit sluggish during a cycle. Mine always starts about the end of the third or fourth week. PUSH THROUGH IT (if you find out you dont have any other issues). Your blood isnt too thick (that is very unlikely)...If you have heart palpitations, it is likely you had a pre-existing condition that you didnt know about. Steroids always get a bad name for heart problems when this is a total misconception. In most cases, the person having the heart/cardiovascular problems has a family history of heart/cardiovascular problems. If you have an irregular heart beat...GET IT CHECKED IMMEDIATELY. Look at your heart like electricity, one small blink can trip the switch for good. Again, get that checked.
    I assume you dont have insurance or you wouldnt ask the cost...It costs a good bit to get this work done out of pocket but you can donate blood and get a RBC. However, IMO I would get a CBC (complete blood count) LIPID (cholesterol) and a liver enzyme test done. This can all be done by the doc drawing blood one time. It only takes about a day to get the results back.

Good luck bro. Sorry for the rant but thought you may wanna know this stuff....

definately wanted to know more info. since i posted this I found the cause of all the problems. was taking too much adex while on cycle. my estrogen was too low and causing a lot of other problems. i quit taking it completely and worst symptoms went away within days and others in a week or so maybe a little longer.

Thread Information