GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Question Locating Vetrogluteal injection site!?

Has anyone got any practical advice on self-locating the Ventrogluteal injection site, that I've heard so many good things about? - I've looked up what info I could find and even the instruction on how to locate the site on someone else seems unclear to me.

So if anyone out there can elaborate on finding the site or put things into Layman's terms I'd be most grateful!?

(Btw, I ask this Q as my Ass is starting to look like a colander, and I'd rather take Rough-Love off a Circus Bear than shoot my Quads again...)

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    its behind you.

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    its behind you.
    Yeah, um, that's a bit too Laymans bro. Besides that, the diagrams (including the one in your link luxifer93,- thanks for posting it though) show the site to be on the hip, but closer to the front of the body,- not behind. So this is where I'm confused, front, back, side. Where!?

Anyone got a better explanation on 'self-locating' the site?
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 03-28-2009 at 05:42 AM.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok mate, this is the best i can do, you might need to get someone to put their hand there the 1st time, after that it's easy.
    Have another person locate an injection site on your hip by doing the following:

•Start by finding the area where the thighbone meets the hip. You will feel a bony ball-like area. Place the palm of your hand over this area.

•With your fingers pointing toward the ceiling, make a V with your ring finger and middle finger.

•Locate the center of the V at the area where your ring and middle fingers meet.

•The injection site will be at the point between the knuckles on your ring and middle fingers. This is where the needle will be inserted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Locating Vetrogluteal injection site!?-111547.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Ok mate, this is the best i can do, you might need to get someone to put their hand there the 1st time, after that it's easy.
    Have another person locate an injection site on your hip by doing the following:

•Start by finding the area where the thighbone meets the hip. You will feel a bony ball-like area. Place the palm of your hand over this area.

•With your fingers pointing toward the ceiling, make a V with your ring finger and middle finger.

•Locate the center of the V at the area where your ring and middle fingers meet.

•The injection site will be at the point between the knuckles on your ring and middle fingers. This is where the needle will be inserted.
    Nice one Lats,- well, I just did the Ventro shot using your pointers, to the best of my understanding. Have to admit, the needle hurt like a mother f**ker going in,- totally unlike my Glute/Quad shots, so I hope I had the right spot. Followed protocol anyway. Couldn't Z-track this one though.

What's the best position to be in when you do this shot,- standing or lying your on side?

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    its behind you.
    do you mean the injection site or the circus bear?

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow that injection is crazy !!!! NO WAY I WOULD EVER EVER EVER EVER DO THAT ... EVER !!!!

I dont understand this QUAD thing !! I inject them just fine ... NEVER an issue.... why is it that people have such a hard time doing quads?? lol... I would rather shoot there than anywhere else... it's actually my go to site !!

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Hey ventro is a great site if you get it figured out,it is scary at first ,you think your going into bone.I will say bro, it should have been somewhat painless.

Quote Originally Posted by romo6 View Post
    Hey ventro is a great site if you get it figured out,it is scary at first ,you think your going into bone.I will say bro, it should have been somewhat painless.
    Yeah, I think that was my own fault there bro. I did the shot standing up, like I do my Glute shots,- i.e. with the target leg hanging limp, and balancing on the opposite leg,- but I flinched/tensed halfway through doing the shot. I'm not sure whether the tensing was caused psychologically or physiologically, either way it firrkin' stung!!

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Always lying down, Duece, get the spot and it will take 4ml painlessly, no PIP no nothing, thats an extra painfree 8ml a wk LOL.

wannabebig11 is offline New Member
    I'm a nurse so this is pretty easy. This is how they told us to do it in school. imagine a cross in the middle of the butt cheek. This divides the butt up into 4 quadrants. You can inject anywhere in the upper outer quadrant of either cheek. make sure you aspirate ( pull back on the plunger) to check for blood. If you get blood then restick. If you don't inject in the upper outer quadrant then there is a chance you could hit the sciatic nerve located in the middle of the butt. If you did this you would prolly have permenant pain in your butt and leg. then you'd have to have surgery

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Always lying down, Duece, get the spot and it will take 4ml painlessly, no PIP no nothing, thats an extra painfree 8ml a wk LOL.
    I'll do the shot lying down next time, cheers Lats....Not sure if I'm up for whole 8ml (4000mg) of test per week 'just yet' though, seem to be doing just fine on 2ml for the moment, nutter, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabebig11 View Post
    I'm a nurse so this is pretty easy. This is how they told us to do it in school. imagine a cross in the middle of the butt cheek. This divides the butt up into 4 quadrants. You can inject anywhere in the upper outer quadrant of either cheek. make sure you aspirate ( pull back on the plunger) to check for blood. If you get blood then restick. If you don't inject in the upper outer quadrant then there is a chance you could hit the sciatic nerve located in the middle of the butt. If you did this you would prolly have permenant pain in your butt and leg. then you'd have to have surgery
    That's a Dorsogluteal shot your referring to there bro, this thread's on Ventrogluteal shots. Your spot on for Dorsogluteal though,- good nursing, bad reading!...J/K mate, thanks for the input! All welcome!

Thread Information