Karo is offline Associate Member

When to start cutting?

I'm currently in week 8 of a 14 week cycle. I've gained 16lbs so far and i'm currently taking 600mgs/week of Test E and 600mgs/week of Primo. I want to start leaning out- shedding some water weight and probably 5-6lbs of fat also. My question is should I start now or keep trying to add weight and wait a few more weeks to start cutting?
    I'm currently taking in lots of good carbs and getting around 300 grams of protein/day.
    My concern is that if I wait till the end of my cycle i'll be trying to cut during my pct and from everything i've read this is a good way to lose hard-earned muscle.
    If I keep going like I am i'll probably have anywhere from 7-10lbs of fat to cut when my cycle is over. Can anyone suggest how I should go about this?

Thanks

Karo

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post
    I'm currently in week 8 of a 14 week cycle. I've gained 16lbs so far and i'm currently taking 600mgs/week of Test E and 600mgs/week of Primo. I want to start leaning out- shedding some water weight and probably 5-6lbs of fat also. My question is should I start now or keep trying to add weight and wait a few more weeks to start cutting?
    I'm currently taking in lots of good carbs and getting around 300 grams of protein/day.
    My concern is that if I wait till the end of my cycle i'll be trying to cut during my pct and from everything i've read this is a good way to lose hard-earned muscle.
    If I keep going like I am i'll probably have anywhere from 7-10lbs of fat to cut when my cycle is over. Can anyone suggest how I should go about this?

Thanks

Karo
    fist lets have your stats please
    weight
    bf%
    past cycles
    training history

you planned this cycle so do you want to change it a little more then half way through. now that being said yes you cant change ti and add winn or var and run it up to your pct. give me your information and I will give you some more..

5'
    14-16%bf
    I've run Deca and Primo years ago for cycling but this is my first real cycle
    Training for 12-15 years in one form or another (not all bodybuilding)

I'm not looking to add any type of drug. I'm just wondering when I should change my diet, start hitting cardio hard and maybe even making some changes to my training so that I can drop some fat/water. I don't want to lose any of the muscle i've worked my ass off for.

Thanks for the help.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Ok bro, I would start cutting now and you should be fine if you have your diet in check. Probodybuilder.com has several diet ideas. If you are not doing cardio right now, I would start it off first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 30 mins and build up to 45 mins, I would also keep your heart rate around 130 to 140. When I ajust my carbs it helps but first I would get your body fat check and continue to get it check every week to make sure you are not losing muscle but building lean body mass.

I hope this helps and makes sence..If you have question on your diet there are several in the diet forum that will help you...

I have been doing cardio 2-3 times a week throughout my cycle. Just low-intensity, 25 minute sessions. My diet is clean but I am consuming lots of GOOD food in order to keep my carb/protein intake high. I'm going to cut carbs back a bit but still try to keep my protein at 250+ grams/day (160lbs). I'm going to spend some time in the diet forum as well.
    Thanks for the help!

Thread Information