lastrep1234 is offline Junior Member

barely lost any gains after pct does this sound right

Well my buddy ..aka "Juice bag" never really shrinks after his cycles he does one a year and always is stronger/leaner..he claims his PCT and diet are the reason, he gained 23lbs on the last cycle and kept 18 lbs, he's lean and claims he just does the following PCT:
    Nolva, Clomid, Creatine Mono, BCAA, 11 oxo and Glutamine is this guy a genetic freak or is this common, to keep that much muscle mass after a cycle.
    stats age 29 or 30, about 12% BF, 230lbs, 6'1"

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    well the point of PCT is to not lose your gains so ya. I only lost 4 after my first cycle.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Good PCT will only resultsin minor muscle loss, the rest is excess glycogen and water.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    That sounds reasonable.. He's doing something right

Getinbgr is offline Associate Member
    The creatine could also be masking his muscle "retention", as creatine results in water retention.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Good PCT will only resultsin minor muscle loss, the rest is excess glycogen and water.
    Can you elaborate more on that? I am confused about what you mean by it? I know what glycogen is but not sure what you mean by losing it post cycle.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Can you elaborate more on that? I am confused about what you mean by it? I know what glycogen is but not sure what you mean by losing it post cycle.
    During cycle (primarily bulk cycles), users are taking in large of amounts of calories/protien/and relatively large amounts of carbs.

As the body starts rapidly producing muscle, glycogen starts forming in excess to be there to 'feed' the newly created muscle created. So the body ends up storing excess glycogen in thinking that there is going to be more muscle to feed.

For example, if you gain 14lbs of muscle only around 9-10lbs will be actual muscle the rest is glycogen to feed that muscle.

So when you get off a cycle your hormones levels are desperately low and you are not building muscle at the rate you were before, the body recognizes this and to achieve homeostasis it drops it, similar to how it drops excess water (part because of the absence of the steroid /aromoziation and part because the water is no longer needed to adequately keep the muscles hydrated on cycle). The body drops any excess glycogen it has that it doesn't need to feed the muscles. It's nothing major, usually a couple pounds or so.

This is my interpretation of it, because usually after cycling I would lose water and what I felt was glycogen (I usually don't lose alot of water even when I got of creatine I lose maybe a couple of pounds), but my strength on all my lifts would still be there. Obviously if you are on a cutting cycle, this doesn't really apply since the body isn't getting large amounts of calories/carbs/etc.

Thread Information