GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Question Alleviating post-injection pain...

...which is caused by unintentionally flinching/tensing the target muscle during the injection. This, as I understand, causes micro-tissue damage within the muscle, at the injection site, and can cause a lot of pip (this I bloody know! Lol). I've found myself doing this from time to time with Glute injections,- particularly during aspiration,- sometimes, it just happens, and I don't realise I'm tensing the muscle until I start to withdraw the needle. Sometimes I just flinch, realise, and relax, but the damage has been done.

Anyway, what I'd basically like to know, is if anyone's got any tips for alleviating this 'specific' cause of pip; immediately following the injection, and also over the next few days when it can still be sore?

For example, would heat or cold therapy be better; straight afterwards, and also the next few days following? What about massaging the area the days following? etcetc.

Cheers y'all!
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 04-08-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I massage for 10 minutes and then put heat on it when injecting prop and such compounds that cause pain. Warming up the syringe is another option or all of the above. Works for me.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Greatest tip is stop being a baby and take it like a man.

Not to mention this topic has been covered over a billion quadrillion quintillion times.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

um....really...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post

Not to mention this topic has been covered over a billion quadrillion quintillion times.
    Yes, it can be a pain in the a$$ for the duration of your cycle and massaging and NOT tensing will help but really, it's not that painful and you are probably just freaked out about injecting. Your second set of squats is a lot more painful that the injection and the dull post pain in your injection site.

Get the gear up to body temp, inject slowly, and don't tense. Really, don't tense. I am assuming you don't flinch when you're doing tricep push-downs, etc or you'd get a sprain. Focus......take your time....aspirate ....inject slowly...massage....lift!!!! My cheeks always hurt during my cycle and the day before the next injection I always thought "NO WAY" but my muscle was ready when the day came. Good luck and be sterile; I had a friend who got an abscess......yuck!

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    heat and massage

Oh really, so I shouldn't be bothered that I'm woken god knows how many times during the night following such injections, because the pain wakes me as I roll from side to side. Just becuase I prefer to be pain-free doesn't make me a baby numb-nuts, maybe you should start your own thread on Sadomasicistic bodybuilding if you like it so much yourself!?

Also, this 'specific' question hasn't been asked before if you read the whole post. It's specific to pip caused 'specifically' by flinching/tensing the muscle.

Thanks to everyone else for their genuine responses.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    The best tip i can give you is to relax.
    Get yourself organised, be methodical, take you're time and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    The best tip i can give you is to relax.
    Get yourself organised, be methodical, take you're time and relax.
    Cheers Lats, yeah, I do agree, I do my best with all of the above, every time. it's just that sometimes I find it a bit tricky with self-administered Glute shots, but maybe I need to try doing them a bit differently to avoid this flinching/tensing business...maybe I should try lying down next time, as doing a headstand makes it hard to aspirate !?

...Oh, just an afterthouhght, do you think it's anything to do with the 18g needles I use after dragging them along the concrete outside my house and dipping them in vinegar!? - That's right, I'm a closet masicistic bodybuilder and I'm coming out! Lol, j/k.

jj0824 is offline Junior Member
    i take muscle relaxers before inections, i think it helps not flinch. ex codone or sumthin

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    ^^^and thats what you recommend?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I used to lay down on my side to do glutes...the more relaxed you are (of course)

It will be less of a problem the more you do it.

kdizzog is offline Associate Member
    I have my wife inject me. Sometimes I can't even feel anything at all.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I massage for 10 minutes and then put heat on it when injecting prop and such compounds that cause pain. Warming up the syringe is another option or all of the above. Works for me.
    this advice is spot on......i agree 100%

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    Oh really, so I shouldn't be bothered that I'm woken god knows how many times during the night following such injections, because the pain wakes me as I roll from side to side. Just becuase I prefer to be pain-free doesn't make me a baby numb-nuts, maybe you should start your own thread on Sadomasicistic bodybuilding if you like it so much yourself!?

Also, this 'specific' question hasn't been asked before if you read the whole post. It's specific to pip caused 'specifically' by flinching/tensing the muscle.

Thanks to everyone else for their genuine responses.
    There's not much you can do bro, and I don't know what you mean by "flinching or tensing" the muscle. Of course an injection site is going to hurt if you tense the area.

Like I said their is not much you can do besides take a hot shower before and after injection, massage the area, and heat the gear.

Also try using other types of gear, maybe even HG pharma if the pain is too intense it could be whatever lab you are using has painful gear or it could just be you.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)

+1.... Was a little nervous at first.. But... Something you have to deal with... Even though I still feel it a little bit.. I kind of look forward to it...

Thread Information