ascendant is offline Senior Member

Swollen, Painful Injection. What to do?

Well I've been using this gear for quite a while now, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I think the problem is that this Test Cyp is in a thick oil and I injected more in one area than usual (2.5cc), and seems like I shot it into a bad area of the glute. I've been doing this for years now and this is the first time I've ever had a problem like this, so kind of concerned and not sure what to do.

Anyway, the area in my glute where I injected is swollen and very very sore. Seems as if it's irritating a nerve even cause it's causing a slight pain in my outer calf as well at times. It's not hot to the touch though, is not red, and I do not have a temperature, so it doesn't seem to be infected. But it has lasted for over 3 days now and getting a bit concerned. I've had shots that got real sore like this before, but never to this intensity and I don't believe it ever lasted this long either. I can hardly even sleep at night cause of the pain.

Not sure what to do at this point? I don't have health insurance, and since it doesn't seem to be an infection I'd like to try to avoid the doctor, but the pain is almost unbearable. If anyone has any suggestions here as to what I might try to help this, I'd really appreciate it.

wrathchild212 is offline Associate Member
    u probably jst hit a nerve or something..jst put some warm water on it let it relax..massage it real good..let the medicine move around..it happened to me once when i was shooting this deca its a 250mg/ml..so i shot 1.5 ml..and i almost cried from the pain..i couldnt even sit..but then jst for 2-3 days it went..massaging and hot water helped..

goodluck

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    You may have irritated the Ciatic nerve if you are feeling it n your calf. Where exactly are you injecting in your glute ? Upper outer quadrant I hope !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    You may have irritated the Ciatic nerve if you are feeling it n your calf. Where exactly are you injecting in your glute ? Upper outer quadrant I hope !!!
    lol, of course. i know better than to shoot it anywhere else in the glute. like i said, never had an issue like this before. i mean i've had painful injections that lasted a day or two, but never this long and never this painful.

seems like my best bet would be to just apply heating pads every so often and give it time. just wanted to post up on here regardless just cause i was a bit freaked out as i've never had this happen before.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    whatever it was, dont do it again mister! i suspect injection close to nerve, swelling puts pressure on nerve, pressure on nerve causing pain.

well just to update, it's a lot better now. just a very little bit of tenderness there, but a million times better than what it had been. it's weird though cause i always inject in the same area and never had an issue like this. well i guess once in a very rare while it's bound to happen.

Thread Information